It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Val's exercise accountability thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:24 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
I want to get back into biking. In fact the neighbor housewives that I walk with every morning go biking every day as well and invited me to join them but I told them I'd have to pass on biking until temps start to cool in the fall. Me and heat don't mesh well as they tend to trigger my migraines. I fully intend to start biking in the fall through spring though!
Know this wasn't the point, but do you drink a lot of water? I will get massive headaches in the heat too if I'm not constantly sucking down water and I almost never drink it on a regular basis- the heat just kills me though.

exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Tori, yes I do drink a lot of water...keeps me running to a bathroom a lot too.

I actually have a headache problem, had it all my life. I have near constant headaches almost every day and this has remained a constant my entire life since I was a little girl. Been to numerous doctors and neurologists, been tested, CT scans and MRIs and they've never found anything out of the ordinary. I'm just blessed with near constant headaches and heat sensitivity. In the heat I get dizzy, lose vision, and often get a migraine as a result...story of my life...yet another reason I prefer living in WA where it's cold the majority of the year. There is no such thing as summer fun for me and it's hard to explain to others why I am trapped indoors all summer long.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Boo, that totally stinks Sad

exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:32 pm

I don't complain, it is what it is. It's my "normal".

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Koda wrote:
Boo, that totally stinks Sad

Definitely stinks! I had a migraine for an entire week once and ended up in the ER. NO FUN!!!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Last 3 weigh ins:

5/1 - 110 lbs

6/12 - 109 lbs

7/17 - 107 lbs

Weigh in yesterday was 109 so I've gained 2 lbs in the last 3.5 weeks. Oh goodness, I know I should expect to gain over the next 9 months but the idea of gaining that much extra weight is scary!

I'll still update just to keep tabs on my pregnancy weight as I go along. What I'm wondering, should I have gained 2 lbs already?! Shocked

Btw, I LOVE the cardio comment in my sig this week! So cute! Razz

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:53 pm

i read your sig. in your last post Val and just had a chuckle to my self!
have you looked into what you should gain with your starting height and weight? i either just read a story or saw on the news a report on what is considered a healthy gain and how most women gain to much and the celebrities gain to little and how the over gain and under gain will affect the baby. there are some some crazy studies out there.

oh and i saw on the news last night you could find out your babies sex right now with a blood test at 7 weeks!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:58 pm

No, I have no idea how much I should be gaining and when I should be gaining it. confused I don't want to be one of those types that gains too much and then has to work double time postpartum trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'd like to keep my weight gain to the bare minimum that is healthy. Just need to find out what that is.

I saw the article about the fetal sexing blood test in the newspaper yesterday. What I would give to know the sex already! Maybe I should ask the doctor about it at my 12 week appt with a new OB. Thing is, I wonder how much it would cost and I'm guessing insurance wouldn't cover something like that.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:33 pm

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/healthy-weight-gain
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy-weight-gain/PR00111

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Since your doc doesn't seem to be telling you about important stuff like weight gain and exercise, you should get one of those books like "What to Expect When You Are Expecting" if you do not already have one. Your OB really should be supplying you with pamphlets and other materials explaining fetal development month by month and stuff like that.

I think eventually you can be carrying as much as 1-2 lbs of placenta and a couple lbs of anmiotic fluid. You need to know these things and not worry about a gradually, healthy weight gain. (Boobies get bigger, too affraid )
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks for those links Jenn, I think I am still on track since I haven't changed too much. I'll definitely be monitoring my weight and watching my eating. Those sites are helpful.

Lisa, I hadn't even thought about these things when at the doctors office. I should start writing this stuff down for my next appt at a different doctor. My sister has two copies of "What to Expect When You Are Expecting" so she told me not to buy it as she'll give me one of her spare copies. Don't know when I'll see her so I have no idea how long it will be before I get the book in my hot little hands. Neutral OMG, and the boobs are ALREADY getting bigger! Shocked Is that supposed to happen this early? confused That was a real shocker for sure.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Weigh in update!

Pre-pregnancy:
6/12 - 109 lbs

Pregnant (pg):
7/17 (4 weeks pg) - 107 lbs

8/10 (8 weeks pg) - 109 lbs

Yesterday's results showed a 2 lb loss...I'm quite shocked really considering how much I'm eating lately. Shocked

8/27 (10 weeks pg) - 107 lbs

We're going on vacation soon so I'm sure my weight will jump back up after all the junk food I eat on vacation. Rolling Eyes

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:09 pm

I just keep fluctuating with those 2 lbs

Weigh in today showed a 2 lb gain...
9/10 (12 weeks pg) - 109 lbs

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:13 pm

109lbs and preggo....you're one lucky girl Val! LOL
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:12 pm

The approximately 25 lbs that I'm expected to gain over the next 6 months has me freaked out! I've never weighed more than 116 lbs in my life and at 116 lbs I was chubby! Lol I do count my blessings, I have thin genes and a great metabolism. I know how lucky I am and I'm thankful for it. Hoping my little one will inherit that from me!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Girl, you might gain the 25lbs, but you'll be right back to normal after the baby! A co-worker of mine had her baby and a month later it seemed like she was never even pregnant. Totally jealous..lol.

At 120lbs I'm chubby and everybody thinks I'm exaggerating when I say that, but I'm really not....
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Oh I can believe it! That's one reason I want to keep close tabs on my weight so I don't gain too much and then have to work it off later. I'd like a quick return to my normal weight like your co-worker.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Huskyluv wrote:

Pre-pregnancy:
6/12 - 109 lbs

Pregnant:
8/10 (8 weeks) - 109 lbs

8/27 (10 weeks) - 107 lbs

9/10 (12 weeks) - 109 lbs

9/23 (13 weeks) - 108 lbs

Baby's the size of a peach and I haven't gained squat! Suspect

Last edited by Huskyluv on Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Lucky lucky girl..lol
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:15 pm

I guess I should see it that way, huh? One of these weeks I will start gaining though!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Weighed in this weekend and I've gained 2 lbs in a little over a week! Finally! Very Happy I think this is the only time I will EVER be happy about weight gain.

Pre-pregnancy:
6/12 - 109 lbs

Pregnant:
8/10 (8 weeks) - 109 lbs

8/27 (10 weeks) - 107 lbs

9/10 (12 weeks) - 109 lbs

NEW: 10/2 (14 weeks) - 110 lbs

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   exercise - Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Val's exercise accountability thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5