It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues Empty
PostSubject: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:46 pm

I'm not sure if I have all the time to go into this but I have always been all over with my weight, it took playing sports year round from middle school to high school for me to stay fit, the min I stopped I gained Sad then I got back on top of it at the start of my college career and with the help of WW and getting back to the gym as well as being in my sister's wedding I made it work. I seem to have 2yr splits of being heavy and being thin. I have pants that go from size 16 down to a 8 and I have yo yo'ed between that the last 6yrs since moving to CO. the lightest I have been in those years was 149. it is truly about being accountable about what goes in your mouth. I don't eat at fast food places or fry food, or even drinking alcohol I just like to eat yummy things, like my post last week everything I was crazing was not bad but eating too much of it is bad. My scale today said 152.8lbs I am a week away from our 2yr anniversary and I have those 2.8lbs to lose by May 9th as my "short" term goal was 150 the same as my wedding day. My long term goal is 130, I have not seen that number since high school. I don't think my body wants to go past 150 as the last week it has been bouncing from 152-154. I joined a program to help me lose the weight as I know the 150 is my "freeze" zone and they "claim" to help with plateaus and that is where I fail at breaking past them.
What I have been doing since Feb. 13
M,W,F- 30 min on the treadmill in the morning before work, running or waking at an incline.
T,Th- 1hr at the gym lifting in the morning before work
And on top of that is the daily dog walks!
Food for the day
Breakfast- 45 cal slice of bread, smart balance light butter just enough for a light coat on the bread, 1 hardboiled egg and some mortons light salt.
Snack- under 150cal
Lunch- 6oz Greek yogurt or 6oz cottage cheese, fruit and a carb under 50cal, wasa bread or melba toast
Snack- under 150cal and fruit
Dinner- 6oz chicken, turkey, or fish- cooked with miss dash or baked, 3 servings of veggies and 45cal bread 1 slice.
Now there is much more detail about what fruits or veggies I can eat and no oil or fun seasoning are aloud, I would not say my meals are great and I have "cheated" on some occasions like my husband's b-day and Easter and when my mom was in town but other than that I have been on plan. What is making me mad is that I have froze, I have not been out eating or cheating, Easter was it and I have not lost at all, but man I can tell you my legs are getting strong and my upper body is looking good but damn if I can get it off my hips and upper legs and ass! I really hope that when hiking season really starts up it will help I just will need to adjust my food even though im sure it's not aloud but I know I can't push myself up a mountain eating just that, I have a hard enough time on lifting days not starving. Well now that i just spilled my guts to you all i hope to make it to my goal by July!

I have to say i really like that we have added the gardening and weight thread, i think that shows that we have a really tight knit community here and we have a lot in common other than just our crazy huskies! Love you all Smile

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Wow, you are so close to your goal. I can't believe that's all you eat, that's so little! I gotta say, you have more motivation and drive than I do. I could learn a lesson or two from you.

I got confused, which goal were you trying to make by July? From all your hiking pics you look really great already, Jenn!

jbealer wrote:
I have to say i really like that we have added the gardening and weight thread, i think that shows that we have a really tight knit community here and we have a lot in common other than just our crazy huskies! Love you all Smile

I completely agree with this! We have an awesome husky family here. Very Happy

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Just remember Jenn, as you start to gain muscle and lost fat, the scale may not move. Have you taken measurements of yourself? While I was going P90X, I lost 10 lbs in the first 6 weeks, and only lost 5 lbs in the last 6 weeks. But I lost the same amount of inches all around in the first half as I did the second half.

Also, the more muscle you gain, the more calories you need to sustain yourself. Eating less as you gain more muscle can actually make you plateau because you're not feeding your body enough.

I know you're in a program, and they have you on a strict diet, but just something to think about.

In any case, you're looking AWESOME!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:03 pm

Awww Jenn you sound like me! I do just about the same as you do as far as working out. My legs are tones are so are my arms, but my stupid belly fat! UGHH! My 30th bday is the 20th of this month and I'm having a beach day with friends so I MUST look GOOD in my bathing suit! Sad I do great during the week, but when the weekends come around it's so HARD not to eat all that fat yummy food! Oh, and the beer, big problem for me. I love me a few cold ones..LOL!

I'm short (5'1) and my "ideal" weight is 108lbs, but I've been stuck between 112lbs and 114lbs forever now. People make fun of me when I tell them I have a few lbs to lose and I get so mad! They don't understand that I'm short and those 3lbs make a huge difference! The heaviest I've ever been in 127lbs and woah that was not COOL!

My work schedule is:

M-F at the gym during lunch:

30minutes of jogging on the treadmill (i try to get to 3miles, but it's hard some days)
M & F - Work out legs
T & T - Work out arms
Wed - Just cardio and abs

Evenings:

Walk Mya and then walk Kody (totals about 2miles)
Tues & Thurs - Cycling at the gym at 630pm
Wed - Maybe run at the park after walking the dogs.

My husband says i'm obsessed, but I really don't think so. Imagine if I didn't do anything...AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a chic sucks, huh?!!!

Last edited by MelissaI on Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:04 pm

cmanding wrote:
Just remember Jenn, as you start to gain muscle and lost fat, the scale may not move.

Exactly! I was going to say that too! The inches is what counts. Muscle weighs more than fat and it tries to confuse us..lol
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Val i want to get to 130 by July!
it has been a secret (well not now) but i would love to just once do a bodybuilding competition. my goal weight would be around 120ish for that. i will say im not a girl that is afraid of muscle. i love it i love lifting heavy and since my damn back and wrist got f'ed up last year (and where a good 20lb weight gain came from) i have not regained my strength Sad so im not sure if i will ever get to do that now but i might be able to do a figure comp. oh and on a side note i am 5'3.5" so you have a height to go off of.
Claudia i know muscle weighs more and im sure that is part of my "freeze" i have a weigh in tonight and i hope to talk to them about this issue i am having.
on M,W,F i feel good with the food im eating, it is on T, Th, and the weekends that i feel i need more food as i have been getting light headed with all the lifting and now yard work and hiking on the weekends.
i tried to share my Excel spread sheet of the last 2yrs of my measurements but it did not work Sad
it is funny because i can weigh more and my inches are less then they are now but its really all over with being less or more...

women's bodies are so complex!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Eh, I thought about doing a fitness competition when I hit 40...I would have had to gone through a 12-week training and diet overhaul. In the end, I decided I loved food too much...Now, I've been thinking 12-weeks ain't all that, especially when I've gone through P90X which is 90 days, then Insanity right after which is 60 days.

...I'd want to enter the 'old lady' bracket if I ever seriously decided I wanted to compete in a fitness competition...LOL!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:41 pm

weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues IMG_20110502_134036

lunch

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:47 pm

What is it?! Suspect

I had chips and salsa for lunch...probably more than I should have had. Bad habits I need to break. Neutral

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:59 pm

that would be 6oz of 1% fatfree cottage cheese, 3/4cup fresh pineapple i cut up last night and a piece of Wasa bread wholegrain.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Ha! I thought the bread was a brownie! You can tell what I'm thinking of. Rolling Eyes I had whole grain chips...does that count as healthy?

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Yes, whole grain chips count as a healthier option Smile

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Score! Very Happy

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Weigh in tonight 154.75 down .25lbs since wed, I'm so pissed! Nothing like eatting on total plan and get a stupid .25lbs off. I know I Should not be mad but I am, I hate when hard work does not show results. At the start I was droping 3-4lbs a week and now I'm lucky to get 1lb a week, they wanted to give me even less food but I was like no way and she looked at how much I work out and she agreed so that was good. Ok I'm done beating my self up. Dinner is in the oven and house is on.

Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:27 am

i'm going to have to agree with claudia, jenn. if you're trying to start building muscle you can't be on a "weight loss" diet. you need to up your calories. i am 15lbs away from my goal and its getting harder to lose so i've been focusing on mostly building lean muslce and toning. the rest of the fat should hopefully just come off in the process. i was stuck at 160 for a long time then i upped my calories and i've been losing a steady 1lb a week since Smile i probably eat between 1500-1700 a day! another good idea i've read is to not eat the same amount of calories everyday so your body doesn't get used to it. 1500 one day, 1700 the next..or whatever amount you wish to eat. i will tell you guys. http://www.myfitnesspal.com is a WONDERFUL free tool i've been using! its fantastic. i am so glad i found it!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:14 pm

im not really trying to gain muscle (not heavy lifting) just reg. lifting since my wrist still cant handle much weight, i found 15lb curls to be all i can do right now with that arm. i do more cardio then lifting right now, i just have a muscular build so once i do get to the 150 zone my muscles really start to show even if i still have like 20+lbs to lose. i am on a diet plan where they are watching what im eating and are sopose to be "guiding" and helping me get over humps like this. i was told to up my ACV intake and add some lemon to my water, it has been to soon since my last plateau breaker so i can't do one for another week or so they said. i have my fitness pal on my phone and i just get lazy with it, i eat the same all the time so i think when i did do it for a day i was around the 1500 cal a day mark. i plan to eat next mon and tue since we are spending the night away for our anniversary and im hoping that little "cheating" will mess with my system and shock it back to losing when i get back on plan.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:56 pm

snrose wrote:
i will tell you guys. http://www.myfitnesspal.com is a WONDERFUL free tool i've been using! its fantastic. i am so glad i found it!

I just checked this out and it's pretty cool!!! After I put in all of my information it's telling me that I"m supposed to eat 1,200 calories a day. That will challenging! lol
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Is counting calories necessary? I hate reading labels and finding out how many calories and fat are in my foods. In my head, it's not bad if you don't read the label! Wink Probably not the best thought process if I want to tone up.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Val, whats nice with that fit pal is that you can search foods and just enter how much you ate and it will know the cal count of that portion you ate. you should look at least at the portion size of what you are eating as you will be shocked. those chips you had yesterday was most likely over 200 cal for under 10 chips. the fat, salt, sugar, and carbs are also a good thing to also look at on labels.
i know for you i think just making better food chooses is a good start and once you get that down to start look at how much of that you are eating. maybe try to only have 2 PBcups a week Wink you killed me on those! they are my FAV!!!!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:18 pm

Oh my gosh, 2 peanut butter cups a week?! Shocked I can easily down 2-3 Reese's in a day! No I did good, I went out and bought bananas today to replace my Chips and Reeses PB snacks. My main gripe with fruit is that I usually get hungry an hour later whereas if I eat chips I won't get hungry until 2-4 hours later depending on how much I eat. Ice cream is another favorite of mine which I haven't had since last summer, but it upsets my stomach (lactose intolerant) so that should help me stay away from it more. I might go back to pears, I LOVE pears but they just aren't very filling is the problem.

Oh gosh, every time I look at the calories and fat of stuff I eat I want to pass out...that's why I decided "what I don't know can't hurt me". lol I should try a little harder and also try to eat smaller portions. I know it's better in the long run but it sure does bite. Sad

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:25 pm

if you pair your fruit with a protein, like Greek yogurt, or make a protein shake with powder and milk and fruit it will help keeping you full longer, and or pairing it with a carb, like healthy whole grain wheat chips or something like that, it will help a ton! for me having just fruit does not last long either.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyTue May 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Oh my gosh, 2 peanut butter cups a week?! Shocked I can easily down 2-3 Reese's in a day!

Oh man all of this Reese's talk is really making me crave lots of chocolate =(
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Friends from Switzerland brought a shit load of Swiss chocolate! Man, they are the creamiest chocolates EVER! At least I'm pretty good about eating chocolate...unless it's in cake or something...

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyThu May 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Had my BMI done at the gym this morning, its the lowest it has been since i have been tracking it starting Jan, 2009!!
im still "Overweight" but i know im working on that and im close to the Normal weight range, few more months and i should be golden.

Was talking with Lindsay (eddys wife) and i guess i had a body fat test today not BMI cause i was pinched, but that is how i have always had it done so my chart is still right and im still lower!

Last edited by jbealer on Thu May 05, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues EmptyThu May 05, 2011 4:23 pm

jbealer wrote:
Had my BMI done at the gym this morning, its the lowest it has been since i have been tracking it starting Jan, 2009!!
im still "Overweight" but i know im working on that and im close to the Normal weight range, few more months and i should be golden.

Sweet!!!

I have one of those hand-held BMI measuring device thingy...I know they aren't too accurate, and I get pissed off at it because it tells me I'm overweight. I don't use it anymore. I even got one of those skin-fold testers, but the problem with that is you really do need someone to take the measurements.

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next