It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! Empty
PostSubject: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:37 pm

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Oh koda is turning into one hansom boy!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Thx! He's going to be a stud...or try to at least..lol.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:42 am

I noticed how big he was getting in some of your most recent pics lately! They're so adorable together. And that moment after the other dog barked when they were both looking at you would have made the PERFECT picture! That was so adorable! How long has the squeaker in the tennis ball lasted for you?

I have the Kong squeaker football and jack and both squeakers either don't work or don't work properly anymore. But the squeaker in my Bad Cuz still works after 2 years!

Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:27 am

Cute video. Your dogs always look so happy.....They are lucky to have such a great Mommy!!!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:11 am

Huskyluv wrote:
I noticed how big he was getting in some of your most recent pics lately! They're so adorable together. And that moment after the other dog barked when they were both looking at you would have made the PERFECT picture! That was so adorable! How long has the squeaker in the tennis ball lasted for you?

I have the Kong squeaker football and jack and both squeakers either don't work or don't work properly anymore. But the squeaker in my Bad Cuz still works after 2 years!

I thought the same thing when they both looked at the camera and I was about to turn the video off and try to switch to camera mode really quick, but I knew they wouldn't stay like that for long =(

Haha, I got like 6 of those squeaky tennis balls about 2weeks ago and I think that one is the only one that still squeaks..,.or maybe there's one more..lol. Mya LOVES them and totally goes on guard mode with them some times so I have to take them away so that she doesn't attack Kody. They seem to fine with them OUTSIDE, but if she brings one inside she turns into a total b**ch!

I had the football too, but she killed the squeaker in a day!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:12 am

beck3465 wrote:
Cute video. Your dogs always look so happy.....They are lucky to have such a great Mommy!!!

Awww thanks! I love you They're spoiled, but have their fighting moments b/c of Mya and then she's on time out! LOL
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:33 am

looks like Kody is almost as tall as Mya! too cute!

I got 2 tug toys from staying at the Ritz with Ginger, and Storm has managed to break both of them last night. Ginger never plays with her toys...but when another dog is playing with them, she wants them. Storm also seems to want the toy that Ginger has, so we don't leave any toys laying around, and if we play with toys, it's a family affair.

...on this morning's walk, Ginger and Storm caught a squirrel...they were crazy dogs! affraid

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:57 am

yep, Kody is taller than Mya already (I think). Same issue with the toys here. I don't leave ANY out without me being around or playing with them. Kody is not an issue,but Mya definitely is. Mind you that we've had Kody for 5 months already so i'm thinking that will never change =(

If Storm likes the toys and Ginger wants them only when he has them then I would definitely keep an eye out!

I can't believe they actually caught the squirrel. Now that's talent or a stupid squirrel..LOL!!! My 2 would have fought over the squirrel! =\
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:08 am

It was the squirrel's fault. It jumped from the tree to a light post, and slid down. That's when Ginger got it. Usually, Ginger doesn't make a move until it goes back up the tree, but this morning, she was quick and it happened really fast. I was just relieved they dropped the squirrel after a few seconds. I was afraid they were going to eat it!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Stupid squirrel..lol
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:08 pm

That is one lucky squirrel! Dakota almost caught one when the darn thing fell out of a tree and landed right next to him. I thought the squirrel would have been unable to move due to the impact but it ran for it's life (thank goodness) before Dakota even realized what happened. If the impact hadn't killed him, Dakota would have! That squirrel narrowly escaped with his life. Stupid, stupid squirrels.

Last edited by Huskyluv on Tue May 03, 2011 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:11 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:28 pm

No mercy to fuzzy tailed rats.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Well...the squirrel died.
Hubby took them running and he went past where they caught the squirrel...and he said it was laying in the grass, dead.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:41 pm

ah so G&S got their first kill! welcome to the club Claudia

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:59 pm

jbealer wrote:
ah so G&S got their first kill! welcome to the club Claudia

Yep....
I think Ginger got to it first by a split second...it wasn't an instant kill, but they both now have that taste...Ginger now looks up at random trees, 'Just checkin', Ma!'

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:32 pm

awww poor squirrel =( Did it get up after they dropped it? Were they tugging at it? Since you said that they both had it. I haven't had a kill yet...thank goodness, but let me not jinx it! LOL
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:38 pm

MelissaI wrote:
awww poor squirrel =( Did it get up after they dropped it? Were they tugging at it? Since you said that they both had it. I haven't had a kill yet...thank goodness, but let me not jinx it! LOL

They didn't tug at it, otherwise, I think my 2 would have ripped it in half. They dropped pretty quick. When they dropped the squirrel, it ran back up the tree where it just hung out there, very still. Then later, hubby saw it in the grass below the tree and it was dead. I feel bad for the squirrel because if it ran up the tree to then have died later...it must have been really hurt.

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:27 pm

I love how when you tell Kody to get her, he does just that. I always tell Dakota to get Willow and he always does! You would swear they understand. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:35 pm

He's gotten so tall!!!!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:29 am

Survival of the fittest is my philosophy, can sound a bit harsh though. I marvel when a hawk swoops down and snatches a squirrel from a tree while everyone around me mourns the squirrel. Suspect

Ours hasn't killed squirrels yet (as much as he wants to) but he has killed moles and opossums. And yes, once he kills the first he develops quite a knack for hunting them down in the future. I am in awe when my sibe hunts down and makes a kill (it's such a beautiful, natural and instinctual thing), everyone else in my family feels bad for the prey item and views Dakota as this mean killer. Rolling Eyes Why do people freak out if a dog kills a rodent but are perfectly fine watching a wolf catch and eat a rodent on TV? I don't get it.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:20 am

poor squirrel because it died...but yes, you're right - survival of the fittest and serves them right for taunting my 2!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:15 am

Mindy, yep, they totally understand when THEY choose too..LOL!!!
Kristina, he has such long legs! Can't believe how big he is already!

Poor squirrels, but you're right Val!
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:03 am

I Love ur Pups .. And Kodys eyes have my Heart @!!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!   Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mya & Kody Outside...Kody is so big already!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next