It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:03 pm

So... I can't believe it myself, but May 19th is our TWO YEAR birthday of It's A Husky Thing. I was thinking of trying to do something, but I'm unsure of what, if anything... but for those of you that have been around the various husky forums, you'll know that this is pretty huge. We're not only still alive after 2 years, but thriving and growing everyday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IT'S A HUSKY THING!

But any ideas? A special contest? A fundraiser for a good husky-related cause? I'm open to suggestions here...

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE Hailey10

Last edited by Koda on Thu May 12, 2011 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:06 pm

Wow 2 years! THAT'S GREAT!!! I wish I would have found the forum before!! and the day before my 30th birthday too...woohooo!!! The forum is a Taurus..LOL!!! I knew I was meant to be part of this awesome group of people!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Happy Birthday It's A Husky Thing!

If only we could all get together somehow, somewhere and celebrate and raise funds for a good husky cause...

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:26 am

I found this forum while I was going through wedding forum withdraw! So happy I did. Love all u guys and huskies

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:30 am

I just can't believe it's been two years and that we're only getting larger and stronger. I'm very humbled by that and grateful for such a wonderful group of people. When you start a forum you hope it will grow and catch on, but it's not an easy task and we had a few periods where I thought we would go under.

Honestly, I thank Jenn and Eddy for that. Even when I thought we would have tanked and other forums became more popular, I kept this one alive mostly because of them and one or two others at the time. I'm just glad we made it and that I even feel confident enough to say that Smile

Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:11 am

Heh. It was pretty much just us for a while there. Thanks for waiting it out a while longer. I would've had to post my trips somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Hey, you guys are dedicated and stuck it out which is part of what makes this forum so great. I'll be honest, in the beginning I really didn't think this forum would turn out the way it has. I'm sure you remember Tori that I even left this forum for a while for certain reasons and you told me I was always welcome to come back. I am so glad I didn't leave for good and with how wonderful this place has become with so many helpful people, I don't see myself ever leaving.

I was thinking of the calendar idea that was proposed a while ago. Maybe we could finally put something like that together for 2012 and donate the proceeds to a husky rescue or something that we all can vote on or something. I just hope that on this forum the proceeds go where they are supposed to unlike past situations on other forums, that last inicident with the t-shirts on another forum left a bad taste in my mouth and a bit of distrust unfortunately. No

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:35 pm

I recall something about that calendar idea, but don't remember exactly what it was about? I think I had just joined the forum or something.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks For the thanks Tori, I am also super happy that Eddy, and Lindsay have become great friends because of this site! I love everyone here!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:31 pm

You're welcome, Jenn Smile

And Val- yes, I do remember there was a time when you left. I, for one, am very glad you came back Smile I, too, never intend to leave this place.

I think if we get started now, we can definitely do the calendar idea. We can use the HOTM pictures as the main picture. Sell the calendars, and each year we can vote on a husky rescue or organization to donate the proceeds to.

If we do this every year (which I am okay doing), I don't think it would be necessary to put everyone's dog on the calendar (it gets SO complicated). However, I would be willing to put ALL the pictures submitted for EACH HOTM competition on that months page. So make the one photo the main picture, and have all the other entries be placed around the border. That way everyone who wants to be included, really can be.

If we do it this way, I can see the calendars going anywhere between $20-25 (depending on how much extra we want to put towards charity. I believe the cost of the calendar is going to be about $15 and this is all an overestimation).

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:41 pm

That sounds like a GREAT idea!

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Woohooo! I'm glad you guys stuck around! I really like this forum too!

While I really like the calendar idea, I'd really love a husky shirt since I have none! Wouldn't mind sporting the "it's a husky thing" name either!

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE Woowoosig

Last edited by SaraB on Tue May 10, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Oh Sara, that's a great idea! And something we can do NOW to celebrate the Forum's birthday. We could do a t-shirt now and I can start compiling the calendar for 2012.

Does everyone like this idea? Would others buy a t-shirt? Max $20/shirt (we've done this before so I know the cost). I know I've had others request a HuskyThing t-shirt in the past (HeatherLee comes to mind Smile ).

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:50 pm

I do like the t-shirt idea! Maybe mix in some tank tops with t-shirts too?

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:58 pm

I like the shirt now calendars for 2012 idea! I'd actually love a shirt with the logo up top, mountains and all! It's such a cute pic!

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:03 pm

SaraB wrote:
I like the shirt now calendars for 2012 idea! I'd actually love a shirt with the logo up top, mountains and all! It's such a cute pic!
That's exactly what Heather wanted too Smile If more people are game... I think this is a great idea Very Happy

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:46 pm

I will buy a shirt with the top page logo just as it is!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:09 pm

I would love a forum t-shirt as well. My other forum t-shirt (for those of you who were around for THF) just sits in the closet collecting dust. I love the shirt and want to wear it but don't want to have to explain if I ever get asked why the forum isn't active anymore or why the web address is no longer accurate. I loved my other husky forum t-shirt so I would LOVE a new one that I can actually wear with a legitimate site! Razz I think we paid $20 or $25 for the shirts the last time we did this.

Can it be front and back like before or is it cheaper or preferred to be one-sided? I like the forum banner as the main design with "It's A Husky Thing" (maybe a large centerpiece on the back of the shirt) and maybe a small paw print with "It's A Husky Thing.com" (a small thing on the front breast of the shirt). Just throwing out ideas.

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:25 pm

I would love to buy a T-shirt!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:42 pm

I do like Val's idea where the main banner is across the back, and a small logo on the front.

I know you'll get different requests, but I'd like a tank top or a long sleeve shirt. Whatever the majority, I'd buy one.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:53 pm

cmanding wrote:
I do like the t-shirt idea! Maybe mix in some tank tops with t-shirts too?

I love this idea!!! I would buy a shirt (or 2) regardless, but I love tank tops!!! =)
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:49 pm

I was thinking the same thing Val, paw print and all!

Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Love the ideas!! I would totally buy a tshirt

Happy Birthday!! I am so glad you stuck around and I am only sorry I didn't find you sooner.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:33 pm

SaraB wrote:
I was thinking the same thing Val, paw print and all!
It must be meant to be, because that's EXACTLY what I was thinking too!

Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:43 pm

i'll buy a tshirt!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE   Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Birthday!-- T-SHIRT DESIGN UPDATE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next