It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

High Velocity Dryers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

Female Join date : 2013-02-06

High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:43 pm

Just wanted to say - LOVE K9 dryers, use two of the bigger K9-3 'dual turbine' types
- on about an average of 12 dogs a day at work. ^_^
From Toy poodles to Newfoundlands, its the best.

We also have a K9 mini in case of a bind - like a pug owner only giving us 20 minutes and the big dryers are busy lol.

K9 was the preferred brand of my first boss, a master groomer, who groomed for 30+ years before retiring and passing on the torch. We have stuck with the brand ever after, and never had a problem.

At any rate, I very very very much recommend a little force dryer for anyone with a double-coated breed!
(Or a little white dog that loves dirt.. too many times to keep bringing him to work! Lol)

~Also - LOVE Petedge lol.

Last edited by Mink on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superdave
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Ok, you guys convinced me. I put in my order for a k-9 II from Lynn at Sound Bay Newfs. I can't wait to give my furballs a bath next week!
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Superdave wrote:
Ok, you guys convinced me. I put in my order for a k-9 II from Lynn at Sound Bay Newfs. I can't wait to give my furballs a bath next week!

Thanks, Superdave! I am sure your fur kids will love their new dryer!
Back to top Go down
http://Www.LynnsGroomingSupplies.com
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:01 pm

OMG! I bathed my two yesterday and my dryer hose started making the most horrible high pitched sound! I don't know if there's a small hole in the hose or what, but it was terrible. The noise would go away if I took off the nozzle and I could even put the nozzle back on while it was running. But if I tried to turn it on with the nozzle on it (and it didn't matter which nozzle I used) it would make that noise again. I tried gripping the place where the nozzle attaches to see if I could feel any air escaping and hold it closed, but it didn't stop the sound.

Just really annoying!

High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:34 pm

What dryer do you have Sara?
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:36 pm

The Bear Air 2. It's not the drier itself, it's the hose making the noise. Kind of like those toy hoses kids swing around to make a whistling noise. It's pretty much making that affect through the hose and makes it unbareable to use. Don't know why it suddenly started doing it. I may go buy a new hose and see if that helps.

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:07 am

Found an only used a few times K9 II on ebay, I won it for $240 including shipping Smile Can't wait for it to get here!
High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 577807_4426621435752_1172292281_n

Do you guys use grooming tables with yours, and if you do, what table do you recommend?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:14 am

I have a grooming table I picked up from Craigslist for $20. Mine is very easy/basic and is just 2 legs that fold out from under like a table you rent for parties. Rubber matting on the top. I think it came from pet edge... Let me see if I can find it...

http://www.petedge.com/product/Grooming/Grooming-Equipment/Grooming-Tables/Master-Equipment-Able-Grooming-Tables/pc/190/c/191/sc/192/55370.uts

Looks kinda like that. I think mines the 36"

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:16 am

No grooming table here, I just don't need one for how little grooming I do.

Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:17 pm

I have a grooming table too - a friend who shows had a spare 35" and I bought it from her for 35. It has adjustable legs - I'm telling you that is great because I am not very tall!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:13 pm

I got mine from Amazon. It's not the best, but it's light weight and tall. It's nice having a light weight table for shows and tall, cause I'm tall! lol. I think I got it for around $55.

Back to top Go down
Superdave
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:54 am

Just wanted to follow up, I got my k9-ii from Sound Bay Newfs (highly recommended) on Friday, and spent 3 hours yesterday giving baths and blow drying my pups. I can honestly say my furballs have NEVER felt so fluffy and soft. Thanks for the help, everybody!!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:49 pm

okay so i used my k9II on Ares tonight after giving him a bath, is it suppoused to be blowing out cold air? He just wasn't getting dry at all. Is it because it's cold here in Wisconsin and I used it in my garage? Sad
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Jennet, it does not use heat, but over time it tends to blow out warm air due to the heat from the motor. So yes, it's blowing whatever the surrounding air temperature is. A force dryer dries by forcing the water out of the coat, not by blow drying, so the water should have been blown out of the coat. How long did you dry him for and how dry was his coat afterward? Have you received any instruction or feedback on how to use the dryer? Holding the nozzle correctly at a proper angle will maximize efficiency and use of the dryer. Also be sure to keep the filter clean of debris and fur accumulation.

Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:44 pm

What do you guys think about these two:
http://www.amazon.com/XPOWER-Pet-Dryer-Vacuum-Speed/dp/B009U35J1I/ref=sr_1_23?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1363387314&sr=1-23&keywords=high+velocity+dryer

http://www.amazon.com/B-Air-Dryers-Power-Velocity-Dryer/dp/B002NXM4X8/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1363387314&sr=1-1&keywords=high+velocity+dryer

I might have to get one for Snoopy to get all the hair out after I bathe him. Brushes just aren't cutting it at this point. He's going to be the most expensive dog I've ever owned lol
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Jennet, it does not use heat, but over time it tends to blow out warm air due to the heat from the motor. So yes, it's blowing whatever the surrounding air temperature is. A force dryer dries by forcing the water out of the coat, not by blow drying, so the water should have been blown out of the coat. How long did you dry him for and how dry was his coat afterward? Have you received any instruction or feedback on how to use the dryer? Holding the nozzle correctly at a proper angle will maximize efficiency and use of the dryer. Also be sure to keep the filter clean of debris and fur accumulation.

I did it for 30 minutes and he was still very damp. I'll have to try again when it's warmer out because he was miserable and freezing. I'll try cleaning the filter also. I bought it used so she didn't give me the manual or anything. I'll have to see if I can find one online.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:06 am

I use a Double K -

http://www.petedge.com/product/Grooming/Grooming-Equipment/Dryers/Double-K-ChallengAir-Airmax-Grooming-Dryers/pc/190/c/191/sc/263/55521.uts

I love it - and it's not as heavy as the K9II, but just as powerful. I decided to get it after talking to a few people at the show.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Has anyone had or heard of this HV dryer? It has a higher air speed than the k9 mini and for only 99 u think its worth a shot.. Im tight on money right now but could really use a HV for koda since he is loosing puppy fur and he might not be allowes back to groomer cause he doesnt like the HV dryers so i figures id do it myself

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009U35J1I
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:07 pm

I have a Mini K-9 Red dryer, used once, available. It is great for shows and fluffing! Save $25 for a basically new dryer!

Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm interested!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:10 pm

eddycaaa wrote:
I'm interested!

Great! I sent you a PM. Cute pup in your avatar!
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks, I cant wait to bring home the little Monster <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:50 pm

Update...The dryer is still available.
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

Male Join date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Just wanted to pop in and thank everyone for their excitement over these. I purchased a B-Air II on Amazon a few months ago and it's been awesome.

Just a few of the things I've used it for:

-Blowing out the dogs' coats (aka shed control)
-Blowing them off after we get back in from the rain...towels just don't cut it
-Blasting dirt/pine needles/pollen/etc off my patio
-Blasting the same stuff out of the cheap shag carpet on my patio
-Dusting certain pieces of furniture before I vacuum
-Drying off the truck after a car wash

I recently dropped a big 2-liter bottle of soda and it spewed everywhere. I had soda droplets on every surface you could imagine, including on my treadmill display and in my fan. I wiped up the majority with towels, then used this thing to blast out every crack and crevice to ensure there was no sticky residue left over. Such a strange use. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:32 pm

It's great for dusting electronics too! Hubby uses my HV dryer to dust out his tower fans, keyboards, game consoles, drying cars, etc. They have so many uses.

I also use my dryer to blast out the mud from his paws when it's raining and all muddy out. It IS much faster and far more effective than using a towel.

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

High Velocity Dryers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next