It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

High Velocity Dryers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:31 pm

The Red K-9 Mini dryer, used once, is still available for $225. It is basically brand new and you can save from buying a new one! Contact me for details.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.LynnsGroomingSupplies.com
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Would you all say that the mini has enough power to not only dry the dog relatively quickly, but also help with removing loose undercoat? With summer upon us in FL, the dogs are going to be getting wet several days throughout the week and Darwin's coat is still in his long blow out phase. I'd love to be able to have something that dries them quickly, because I can't do a great job with a towel, as well as help remove loose undercoat.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Has anyone tried the Metro Air Force Quick Draw Portable Compact Pet Dryer or the XPOWER 2-in-1 Pet Dryer and Vacuum, 2 HP, 2 Speed? I'm looking to save some money but at the same time I want something that will last at least a year or two
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:44 pm

I have this:
http://www.petedge.com/product/K-9-Mini-BlowerDryer/45986.uts

High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 Zt878_12

Completely dries my 2 in about 10-15 minutes, and it'll blow out the undercoat effectively during shed season.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:49 pm

I I love you Claudia's dryer Razz

Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:01 pm

The B-Air II doesn't seem very reliable based on the reviews.How has it worked so far for anybody on here that has it?
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:15 pm

darbear wrote:
Would you all say that the mini has enough power to not only dry the dog relatively quickly, but also help with removing loose undercoat? With summer upon us in FL, the dogs are going to be getting wet several days throughout the week and Darwin's coat is still in his long blow out phase. I'd love to be able to have something that dries them quickly, because I can't do a great job with a towel, as well as help remove loose undercoat.

Yes, the K-9 Mini will dry a wet dog as well as blow off a shedding coat.
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

Male Join date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:17 pm

I've used the B-air II for several months now without any issues at all. I use it around 3 times a week for various things. Very happy with it!

It's able to completely dry both of my pups very easily. It also works great for blowing out all the undercoat. It's plenty powerful.

Which reviews are you looking at? It's rated 4 stars on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/B-Air-Dryers-Power-Velocity-Dryer/product-reviews/B002NWTZEA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Last edited by Papabear on Wed May 08, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:17 pm

cmanding wrote:
I have this:
http://www.petedge.com/product/K-9-Mini-BlowerDryer/45986.uts

High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 Zt878_12

Completely dries my 2 in about 10-15 minutes, and it'll blow out the undercoat effectively during shed season.

This is the one I just posted about that I have for sale used once. I also can get any K-9 / Metro dryer new too.
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:19 pm

eddycaaa wrote:
Has anyone tried the Metro Air Force Quick Draw Portable Compact Pet Dryer or the XPOWER 2-in-1 Pet Dryer and Vacuum, 2 HP, 2 Speed? I'm looking to save some money but at the same time I want something that will last at least a year or two

The Metro Quick Draw is very small with little power. It would not do much for your breed.
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:20 pm

dahowlers wrote:
The B-Air II doesn't seem very reliable based on the reviews.How has it worked so far for anybody on here that has it?

I too have heard the B-Air as not a great investment with little power.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Im curious if anyone has any info on the xpower aswell.. It has a higher air speed than the k9 mini.. Anyone know anything about it?
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Im curious if anyone has any info on the xpower aswell.. It has a higher air speed than the k9 mini.. Anyone know anything about it?

Never heard of it. If you want more power than the Mini, then the K-9 II or III is the answer.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:15 pm

I would not even consider the XPower dryer you linked to. One, I've never even heard of it which cannot possibly be a good thing. Two, I just looks flimsy. Three, I wouldn't expect anything decent to cost less than $200. You get what you pay for and I can totally appreciate that you're trying to save money but I wouldn't recommend skimping on a dryer since you'll most likely end up having to replace the cheapo dryer you tried saving money on with an expensive worthwhile dryer in the long run and spend that much more money. If money is an issue I would just bide my time and stick it out with brushes (and maybe even using the HV dryers at self service dog washes when available) and save up until you can afford a good, quality dryer right off the bat.

Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Thanks Valerie! You're always so helpful. I'll just take her to the self service down the street after shes UTD on shots. She barely sheds right now and her baby fuzz dries really fast Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:44 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190817677078?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
anyone ever used this model of the b air? think I may get it
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:39 am

amora wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190817677078?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
anyone ever used this model of the b air? think I may get it

If you're trying to save money I think your best bet is the B-Air II. From everything I've read the B-Air I isn't powerful enough. The B-Air II is the one I got because it's comparable to the K9-II at half the price. Based on the performance I've gotten out of mine I definitely think it's your best bang for your buck when you're on a budget. It's plenty strong enough to blast out undercoat and completely dry my huskies within minutes.

What are you looking to do with it?
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:48 am

On page 2 of this thread Sara talks about her B Air II.

Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:02 am

The B-air II is comparable in price and specs to the K-9 Mini not the K-9 II.
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:16 am

If we're looking at specs, the B-Air II is more powerful than the K-9 mini, both in velocity and volume. Yes, they are comparable in price.

The K-9 II does have a much higher velocity than the B-Air II, so it is better at blowing out the undercoat. The B-Air II has a higher volumetric flow rate, though, so it is better suited for quickly blowing off a large area. With our husky coats, I have no doubt that the higher velocity of the K-9 II is better-performing. It all depends on what you want to do with the blower, though.

If we're looking to blow out undercoat, the K-9 II is better. No doubt about it.

I use mine for more than just blowing out undercoat, though. I use it to dry them off after a walk in the rain, I blow off the patio, etc. For all the other uses, the ability to move a higher volume of air is more important. This would make the B-Air II the better choice for me.

Power in these units is a combination of both velocity and volume. That's why I said it's comparable to the K-9 II. It's not better, just comparable (depending upon the application).
Back to top Go down
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 11:30 am

I always compare amps and housing when looking at dryer performance. Plastic dryers do not last long and the amount of amps they draw really is the best indication of performance.
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:03 pm

I generally don't like disagreeing, but amperage is not a measure of power output. It is not a good specification to look at when comparing performance. Amperage can be used to determine how much power is required to run an appliance, but that's it. It has to do with input, not output. Higher amperage does mean that a unit is capable of a higher output, but it depends on efficiency. Typically higher amperage ratings means an appliance will cost more to run.

What matters in these dryers is velocity, volume, and nozzle diameter....not amperage.

Also, simply saying "plastic dryers do not last long" is more opinionated than fact. I agree that metal is typically better than plastic when it comes to durability, but the durability needed always comes down to application.

Take a look around your house and notice how many plastic appliances you have. Many cars also have tons of plastic parts. Once again, it comes down to use. These dryers don't do anything special that require metal parts. If cared for properly, chances are high that an internal part will break long before the exterior is damaged, which nulls the plastic vs metal argument.

If we look at transportation or clumsiness (ie - the unit getting tossed around, dropped, etc), then there is no doubt a metal casing would be the better option.

Like I said, I hate disagreeing, but my job title is Mechanical Design Engineer. I'm a huge nerd when it comes to designing and reverse-engineering things. lol!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:18 pm

I have a double k drier, the most powerful one, that I absolutely love. And guess what? I s got a plastic body.still works, and is light so it's easily portable, K9 dryers are very heavy and hard to cart around to shows in comparison.

Oddly enough a bunch of sheltie people I have been acquainted with suggest using a leaf blower outside in the summer months,
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Sound Bay Newfs
Newborn
Newborn
Sound Bay Newfs

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Appreciate your point of view, Matt, especially with your background! For me, as a Manufacturer's Rep for Electric Cleaner, Metro, EZ Groom, GTS Mighty Mite, I just won't carry the B-air dryers. I mostly sell to groomers and show people that put dryers through heavy use, and the B-airs just don't hold up.

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 EmptySun May 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Sound Bay Newfs, are you here advertising or here because you are interested in SIberians? Just asking.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

High Velocity Dryers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next