It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

High Velocity Dryers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 pm

I really do like my mini K9 also....AND hubby uses it to blow out the garage!! Smile
I got mine on PetEdge because I couldn't find any on eBay or anywhere else that was less than PetEdge and at the time, they had free shipping.

I hope Val has the eBay seller info for you!

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 3:02 pm

The Bear Air II actually blows harder than the K-9 mini if you look at the specs. If you want a really, really strong one, go with the K-9 II like Kristina said.

High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 3:48 pm

PM'd you the seller Tori if you haven't already seen it. I did some poking around on various groomer forums real quick to get some input on B-Air Bear Power Dryers. It seems to have a lot of mixed reviews, plenty of people who love it and plenty of people who've had issues. Might be worth doing a bit of homework on, Tori. My biggest thing is that the K-9's don't have near as many complaints. It looks like the B-Air is ABS construction versus the K-9's metal construction. Due to the much lighter body material the B-Air II and K-9 Mini weigh the same yet the B-Air has dual turbines.

Sara, what is your opinion of the body construction of the two compared? Do you think the B-Air will last just as long term as the K-9 as far as the body is concerned? How about holding up to physical abuse? I'm still a huge K-9 fan and wouldn't dream of buying something else, but for the sake of education (mine and others) I'd like to hear thoughts on the construction of your B-Air as compared to the K-9 and Metro.

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:10 pm

I've never seen a K-9 in person! So I don't know! Unless you drop the Bear Air, it seems pretty sturdy. Kristina saw it and she has the K-9, so she may be more helpful. Maybe she'll bring hers to camp and we can compare them side by side next year!
Seems like it's just as sturdy as a metro.

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Oh, sorry I thought you'd tried a K-9 before.

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 pm

My k9 feels hardy and powerful compared to any other blower I've seen or used. There's no doubt the II is on the heavier side but with amount of force it blows I'm not suprised and I don't count it as a negative. I have mine in the garage and pull it down when I need to blow them which I do in the driveway.

It doesn't feel cheap at all and comparing it to Sara's I would say the k9II is a better built, stronger, more heavy duty blower. Sara's blower wouldn't do much to Odins coat (although it was hooked up to a camper running on a generator not an outlet in a home) so immediately I knew that wouldn't work for us. Sara's needs are different than mine and size was more of a factor for her purchase. Overall I would do it all over again. its worth the money. ill post a video later.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm glad you brought this up! I was just asking about an HVD and would love to compare some. I don't know much about them so a lot of homework is definitely in my near future Smile
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:34 pm

K9 mini- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ZAGIO?linkCode=xm2&tag=invihand-20

Bear air- http://www.buy.com/prod/219361879.html This one is a refurb but check the warranty and you should be good to go.

I use "Invisible hand" often to track down my best deals. Check it out.

http://www.getinvisiblehand.com/

Last edited by Here4thePics on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:37 pm

I've had a K9 Mini and II, and have a B-Air now, and I don't think the mini and B-air are very different.... My II was WAY better and I used a III at work which was way more powerful as well, but as for a portable dryer neither is really better than the other. I sold my K9's when I moved here to my work's groomer and bought my B-Air off Amazon for like 190 two day shipping and have no issues with it. Blows both my dogs out just fine.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Does the K-9 have variable speed on it like the Bear Air? That's one thing I really like about the Bear Air. That and it fits in my big tool box! lol.

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Mine has a high and low. It doesn't have a super adjusting knob like yours. I really liked that.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm

My K-9 Mini also has 2 settings. The K-9 Fluffer DOES have a knob for variable adjustment however the fluffer is not as powerful as the Mini, I, II, or III. The fluffer would be good for show grooming rather than really blowing out undercoat.

Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:46 pm

I'm sorry this inst really a productive comment but reading this thread I couldn't help but think of Space balls and the giant hairdryer she had in her luggage. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:45 pm

So I surprised myself and went with a B-air II. John and I decided that we didn't want to spend $350+ on a K9 II and while we wanted the Mini, I just couldn't swallow spending $257 on it either when the B-air II was $70 less and the specs were identical if not more powerful. We realize that it's not going to be as quality was the K9 brand, but even if lasts half as long, we'll be happy. We also bought the refurbished version that Len posted so it was even cheaper at $140. Same warranty as the new model. So here's hoping Wink

Heather-- we'd still love to see a video of you using it!!

High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Whoo! Finally getting your dryer! You'll have to share your thoughts on it (and pics!) when you get it and have a chance to try it out.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:49 pm

We received our B-Air II over the weekend (on Saturday actually!) and have used it 3-4 times already. All I can say is WOW. I LOVE HAVING A DRYER!

I'll post a video but only if ya'll watch Koda and not me Razz Hailey barely had any hair left to blow so her video is pretty useless, lol. (Video is uploading so it will take a while)

But it's so much easier and gentler than brushing. For $140, I'm super stoked. I don't know if I would have liked the B-Air I, which was supposedly more comparable to the K9 Mini. I feel like while this is great power and perfect for us, the smaller version would not have been powerful enough.

More later though!

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 am

One thing I can add is how much water was left in the girls coats after bathing and towel drying them there was. Pre-drier I thought I got them pretty dry with just towels, but I can towel them off the same and then hit them with the HVD and see how wet they still are!

Oh and the very low setting of my drier is very helpful at shows to fluff out the coat and blow away any loose strands of hair sticking out of her coat.

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Where's the video, Tori?

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:46 pm

I need to take a shorter video... the one I had was too big to upload so I could edit it High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 1625187496

It's raining today though, so it will have to wait until better weather!

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Darn it! Just don't forget about us. Wink

Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
I use "Invisible hand" often to track down my best deals. Check it out.

http://www.getinvisiblehand.com/

Thank you SO MUCH for posting that!! I LOVE saving money. I always use coupons and try to find the best deal! I use ebates.com too for cash back on participating websites. Smile

(I hope I didn't thread jack).

I want to get a HVD, but I think I will wait a few more months lol. College is coming up in a few weeks and that's a good chunk of change for me.

Thread saved in my favs!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Anyone have opinions on the Master Blaster?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/for/3196079427.html

Megan sent this link, I have called the guy and he has it. Going to see it either tomorrow or tuesday.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:07 pm

kevo wrote:
Anyone have opinions on the Master Blaster?

Has 6 reviews on Amazon, 5 of 5 star, 1 of 4 star very favorable reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Force-Master-Blaster-Dryer/product-reviews/B002EKAI5Q/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:35 pm

I have commented on Metro brand dryers and what I have *heard* (not personally experienced) previously in this thread if you read through it.

Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:08 pm

Well I got my Metro Air master blaster tuesday. Megan found it on CL for 150, talked down to
$135. Everything works, hose is good, cord is good. The guy I bought it from runs a grooming store and he said it was just too noisy for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Velocity Dryers   High Velocity Dryers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

High Velocity Dryers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next