It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from Cali!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hillarycole
Puppy
Puppy
hillarycole

Female Join date : 2011-07-21

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:10 am

I'm stoked to have found this site! I have 2 sibes (Danika and Volya) who are the center of my world. Danika is a lovely 2 and a half y/o female whom I brought home in March to work on her trust issues prior to a race. I was blessed with her breeder asking me if I would like to keep Danika as my own at the end of that week and on the last day of our racing season. She's my lead dog on my sledding team and has been plagued with fear of people, but we developed such a strong bond, her breeder for whom I race gave her to me. She is the sweetest, most stunningly gentle and tender being off the gangline, but a beast once that harness is slipped on and she takes her place in front of the rest of the team.

Then there's Volya, my bold, gregarious and happy 6-month-old gorgeous blue-eyed male who makes me laugh everyday. He knows no fear, but despite his shennanigans and sense of humor handles all social and athletic events with a grace beyond his age.

I look forward to learning and sharing and am happy my brood and I are here!

-Hillary
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:13 am

Welcome Hillary! Glad to have you here! Your dogs are both gorgeous.

Puppy
Puppy
hillarycole

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:26 am

Thank you, Valerie! I wish I could claim having had something to do with their good looks, but no, I just lucked out lol

Dakota's a gorgeous doll as well! Smile
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:20 am

hillarycole wrote:
Thank you, Valerie! I wish I could claim having had something to do with their good looks, but no, I just lucked out

Haha I think that everytime I get that comment with our 2!

Welcome!
What kind of racing do u do and where since ur in CA? Would love pics when u get a chance, we have a racing area on here Smile

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 am

Welcome, Hillary! I'm happy to have someone on here with some racing experience! Those members are few and far between and I think your expertise and knowledge will be very valued and good for our members here Smile

Your two are just precious! Welcome again Smile

Hello from Cali! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
KareBear
Teenager
Teenager
KareBear

Female Join date : 2011-06-10

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 am

Your babies are adorable. :3 Welcome to the fourm! Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing stories about them.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:57 am

Welcome Hillary!
Can't wait to hear more about your races!
Jenn and I have been a sled race this past January, and it was exciting to watch!
Hubby and I have hopes to skijor this coming season with our 2...we'll see how that goes!

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Yay!! A real musher! lol!

Welcome to the forum! I cried reading your story of Boris and can't wait to hear all about the antics of Danika and Volya!
Back to top Go down
hillarycole
Puppy
Puppy
hillarycole

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Jennifer -- I race a 6-9 dog team depending on the trail. I live in NorCal, so If I go west an hour, I'm in the mountains just beyond Auburn; if I go east an hour, we're in Tahoe. So I'm nestled in a great little valley here Smile

Claudia -- good luck with skijoring! You and the dogs will have SUCH a blast!

Lisa -- thanks, and I love that your dog's name is Dog lol I have a cat named Koshka (Russian for cat), and almost named Volya Sabaka lol
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:39 pm

hillarycole wrote:

Lisa -- thanks, and I love that your dog's name is Dog lol I have a cat named Koshka (Russian for cat), and almost named Volya Sabaka lol

You got it!! It's a weird name and confuses people! As you know, we kinda Americanized it. My kids get a kick out of it. I dislike how close the sound is to "Chewbacca"... I get, "Oh, that sounds like Chewbacca, I can remember that name!" all the time.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:19 pm

my families first dog when i was a baby was named Hunter he was a German Shorthaired Pointer and my dad used him for hunting. so original Rolling Eyes

Puppy
Puppy
hillarycole

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:34 pm

hahahahah! I totally understand the Sabaka/Chewbacca thing ... I'm always being told that Volya sounds like Vulva. Good grief lol I like sticking with Russian names, though. It's the first foreign language I had to learn in the military, so it makes sense for them in my house. Smile

Jennifer, that's hilarious! Maybe one of us should name our next sibe Joker, or Puller or something lol
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Love the use of foreign words for names.

My Adobo and Biko are both Filipino foods. Two of my favorites, which probably wasn't hard to figure out. Wink

Adobo is the name of a popular dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat or seafood marinated in a sauce of vinegar and garlic, browned in oil, and simmered in the marinade.

Filipino Biko Recipe, consists of malagkit (glutinous) rice, coconut milk, sugar, and topped with “latik”.

Biko is a rice cake with caramel topping or latik and here is the recipe for Biko. Biko is usually served during birthday parties, fiestas, Christmas, New Year and other celebrated events in Philippines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Cali! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Cali!   Hello from Cali! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Cali!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-