It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Storm's Weight Loss progress

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Same here! Ginger is 52-53 lbs and Storm is 85 lbs and losing. Storm plays with 'the guys' and will play with Ginger, but he often submits pretty easily and pretty quick - Ginger can be a brute sometimes....Storm is getting spunkier though, with his weight loss and with the weather cooling off....and he's getting STRONGER! Shocked Oye!

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 pm

cmanding wrote:
Same here! Ginger is 52-53 lbs and Storm is 85 lbs and losing. Storm plays with 'the guys' and will play with Ginger, but he often submits pretty easily and pretty quick - Ginger can be a brute sometimes....Storm is getting spunkier though, with his weight loss and with the weather cooling off....and he's getting STRONGER! Shocked Oye!

Doh! Good luck! Chili is awesome on leash and I don't have to worry about his strength. I can call him off cats pretty easily. UNELESS we see horses or goats. Luckily, that rarely happens in the city. Smile We ran into a temporary petting zoo at the local park and I had to hand him over to hubby, who had to hold him back with all this strength!

Sounds like Storm is gonna be FUN! That's so funny, our two are opposites. She's spunky and he's the brute!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Ginger sure can pick the fight! i can't wait to see storm tonight! your doing a great job with him. now the leash training needs to be worked on. i know easier said then done, i just keep myself stronger then them!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:34 pm

jbealer wrote:
Ginger sure can pick the fight! i can't wait to see storm tonight! your doing a great job with him. now the leash training needs to be worked on. i know easier said then done, i just keep myself stronger then them!

He's great on a leash, but if he spots a bunny, squirrel, or magpie first, it's tough. If it's both Ginger and Storm and I'm on grass in sneakers and they see it first, I'm toast.

On the trail, he needs to be with Ginger and Ginger needs to be up front, so JD usually has both of them. I'm the one with the camera! Laughing

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:22 pm

jbealer wrote:

I had a little battle with them over a squirrel a few days ago and they ALMOST took me down and all I kept thinking was "thank god that I work out legs and arms!". I'm tiny...super small frame so I know for sure that if I didn't work out I would wipe out easily silent

Clauida, Stomr is doing great!! Congrats!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:02 pm

cmanding wrote:
cmanding wrote:

5/15/05 - Storm was born

10/29/05 - He got Interceptor for 51-100 lbs and Frontline for 45-88 lbs which means he weighed between 51 and 88 lbs

4/14/06 - He's still between 51 and 88 lbs

1/11/07 - Weighed at 95 lbs

7/12/08 - between 89 and 100 lbs

3/19/10 - over 100 lbs (Interceptor 100 lbs + 26-50lbs)

8/10/10 - Weighed 140 lbs

Between August 2010 and March 31st, 2011, he went into foster care and lost 28 lbs.

4/01/10 - arrived in Denver at 112.2 lbs

April 19 - 108 lbs

May 3 - 106.2 lbs.

May 6 - 105.9 lbs.

May 16 - 105.5 lbs.

May 27 - 103.9 lbs

June 1 - 102.9 lbs

June 8 - 102.2 lbs.....Dr. Miller: 'Well, hello Storm! I see all the pictures posted on Facebook, and you are looking so good lately! I remember when I first met you, I couldn't find any ribs under you, and now I can feel ribs!'

June 20 - 99.1 lbs

June 28 - 98.9 lbs

July 5 - 98.0 lbs

July 15 - 97.7 lbs

August 9 - 92.4 lbs

August 18 - 91 lbs

September 2 - 91.2 lbs

September 9 - 89.2 lbs

September 15 - 87.7 lbs

October 10 - 85.5 lbs

Hubby said Storm had kicked into high gear today when he let them out this morning in the snow. Ginger did her zoomies and Storm was chasing her!

Now that we've come out of summer hibernation, and have done a few hikes this month, I'm anxious to see what he weighs!

I get home tomorrow so I'll stop by Dr. M's to get his weight either on Friday or Monday...

We're SO close to his goal weight of 80 lbs!!!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:31 pm

I bet the increase in energy plus winter weather are going to help make it come off even easier!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Claudia we will be at Dr. M's at 4pm tomorrow with sierra Wink
are you guys doing a hike/stroll this sat?

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:12 am

No hike this weekend but I might take G&S to Surrey Ridge,

I don't ever remember Storm doing this until tonight, but tonight, Storm came up on the couch to cuddle and he curled up in the 'husky C-curl'! He's slim enough to curl up! sunny

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:13 am

Haha that's funny about the C! I remember the first time sierra was able to do that after we got her weight down, I was like look honey she is curled up! We will see where her weight is tomorrow....

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:37 pm

October 28 - 82.2 lbs

sunny

I think we may need to go another few more under 80 lbs...so Storm may be at an ideal weight at about 75-78 lbs

But we're within 5 lbs, and with snowshoeing coming up, we'll get there in no time!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

i hope he knows how lucky he is to have you as family! you just added a few yrs back to his life and helped his joints, GREAT WORK on his weight loss Claudia!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:49 pm

+1 Jenn!
Thanks for the BIG compliment! It really means a lot especially when Ginger and Storm are my first huskies ever, and for that matter dogs!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:16 pm

cmanding wrote:

5/15/05 - Storm was born

10/29/05 - He got Interceptor for 51-100 lbs and Frontline for 45-88 lbs which means he weighed between 51 and 88 lbs

4/14/06 - He's still between 51 and 88 lbs

1/11/07 - Weighed at 95 lbs

7/12/08 - between 89 and 100 lbs

3/19/10 - over 100 lbs (Interceptor 100 lbs + 26-50lbs)

8/10/10 - Weighed 140 lbs

Between August 2010 and March 31st, 2011, he went into foster care and lost 28 lbs.

4/01/10 - arrived in Denver at 112.2 lbs

April 19 - 108 lbs

May 3 - 106.2 lbs.

May 6 - 105.9 lbs.

May 16 - 105.5 lbs.

May 27 - 103.9 lbs

June 1 - 102.9 lbs

June 8 - 102.2 lbs.....Dr. Miller: 'Well, hello Storm! I see all the pictures posted on Facebook, and you are looking so good lately! I remember when I first met you, I couldn't find any ribs under you, and now I can feel ribs!'

June 20 - 99.1 lbs

June 28 - 98.9 lbs

July 5 - 98.0 lbs

July 15 - 97.7 lbs

August 9 - 92.4 lbs

August 18 - 91 lbs

September 2 - 91.2 lbs

September 9 - 89.2 lbs

September 15 - 87.7 lbs

October 10 - 85.5 lbs

October 28 - 8.2. lbs

November 8 - 80.8 lbs

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Yay Storm!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Simply amazes me when I follow your updates on Storm that he was so huge and then managed to lose all that weight in such a short time. He's lucky he didn't have a heart attack with all of his previous weight.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:39 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Simply amazes me when I follow your updates on Storm that he was so huge and then managed to lose all that weight in such a short time. He's lucky he didn't have a heart attack with all of his previous weight.
I can't believe that he was 140 lbs! How does ANYONE let ANY pet get that obese?! How did his previous owners let him get that big?! He is such a good, sweet boy...I just don't understand how anyone could just forget about him and neglect him to that extreme extent!

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:03 am

Yay Storm! Good job!!! Smile We need some Jenny Craig style "after" pictures! Wink

Now he's the size Chili used to be! Wink I know you were wondering if his frame could get down and he did!!! You've taken such good care of him! His previous owner just seem lazy and mean!

Chili just lost a bunch of weight and we were worried, but his tests just came back negative. The only thing I did different was to have them pull me on the waist leash on our walks twice a day - I wonder if that did it...?
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:33 am

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Yay Storm! Good job!!! Smile We need some Jenny Craig style "after" pictures! Wink
Look on page 2 for before/after pictures at 94-ish lbs.

I'll get some pictures taken today at 80 lbs....stay tuned!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:58 am

cmanding wrote:
Here's a better comparison:

Storm, 115+ lbs, in foster care in KS sometime between August 2010 and April 2011:
Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 Storm_11

April 22...that was then...112.2 lbs
Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 2011-04-22

Today, at 80.8 lbs.
Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 Storm_15

Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 Storm_16

Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 Storm_17

Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 Storm_18

Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 Storm_19

Last edited by cmanding on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Today, at 80.8 lbs
Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 Storm_21

Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 Storm_22

Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:04 pm

What a handsome boy! Good job on the weight loss, you're a good looking boy now! And from the looks of the picture where the two of them are "kissing" (touching noses), Ginger thinks so too Cool

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Storms so hansom!! totally diff. dog now, great job!

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:52 pm

WOW Storm! I cannot believe someone let him reach 140lbs! That's insane! Lookin' good buddy Cool

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:58 pm

He is looking great. He has a nice looking waist and tuck-up. Great job Claudia!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storm's Weight Loss progress   Storm's Weight Loss progress - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Storm's Weight Loss progress

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next