It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

It ends eventually, right?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Ah, must've read what you wrote before wrong then. Koda still only blew it 2x a year in AZ.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Plenty of huskies in FL even blow the normal twice a year so I am convinced that it depends on the dog. I almost wondered if it had something to do be being breed in and used to a climate. Because all the bi-annual shedding huskies in FL that I knew were all originally from FL so they were used to the heat their entire lives. Dakota comes from up north where it's cold almost all year so I wondered if that made a difference. Your Koda is also used to the heat so it doesn't affect him I'm guessing. Maybe he'll have a stronger spring blow though if he develops a thicker coat after going through a CO winter. Razz

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Stop trying to make me cry, Val! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:28 pm

You must like it, you got yourself a second! Laughing

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:33 pm

You know my thought process on that was "oh, I love the shedding so much, I think I want to double it!" Wink

I think Rogue's will be more minor as her hair seems like it will be pretty thin.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
You know my thought process on that was "oh, I love the shedding so much, I think I want to double it!" Wink

That's what I suspected! lol!

As much as I hate the shedding, I'd have gotten 2 huskies in a heartbeat if hubby would have let me. lol Benefits FAR outweigh and negatives!

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Oh I am more than happy that I got a 2nd! Rogue has been an amazingly pleasant puppy experience - she pretty much mimics Koda's good behavior, we haven't had an accident in 5 days, and she learned sit, down, stay, shake, spin, and roll over all within 30 minutes, and she does not mouth at all anymore nor chew on anything that isn't a bone or dog toy.. knocking on wood, but HAH to everyone who said my 2nd dog would be horrible because I can't have two good dogs! Laughing
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Nope, never ends...just got yet another confirmation of that! LOL

It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 DSC04219

This was after brushing them for about 10min each. Mind you, I brushed them yesterday as well. I think Miss Mya is starting to blow coat, but Kody isn't and I take more hair out of him than her! affraid
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Ok, I just had a repeat of the picture that I posted above affraid

How many times a week do you all brush your doggies? I do it once a week, but I'm thinking I need to do it more!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Mel, when Koda's blowing his coat I brush him everyday for 20-30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Crap, 20-30min everyday!!!?!! When Mya blows her coat I'll do it maybe 2-3 times a week, but when she's not blowing coat it's once a week. I think she's starting though. It's crazy how much more hair Kody lets out though and he's not even blowing coat!!! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:06 pm

I hardly ever brush Koda when he's not shedding, just when he starts up!
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:57 am

We brush Appa for about 10 minutes a day to every other day when he's not blowing. We get about two 20 minute sessions a day when he is blowing. It's a lot of work, but he has the best coat I've ever felt.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:49 pm

It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 IMG_20120113_213716
this is just Jacks hind quarters on one side affraid
sierra is starting as well

Last edited by jbealer on Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Appa just started too!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Willow is starting as well. I noticed yesterday that it looks like I can start plucking at her hind quarters.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:19 pm

The large brown one hasn't started shedding but the small white one has been shedding like crazy since before Christmas. She's out of control - and sheds completely differently than Chili!!! As much as we brush, she's like an explosion of fur.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Dakota started last week. Spent a good 20 minutes brushing today and it looks like it snowed in my backyard but if you look at or touch my sibe you'd think I hadn't taken a brush to him at all. Neverending!

Teenager
Teenager
Keimo&Izzi

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:20 pm

I don't think it ever ends with Keimo. Bella hasn't started yet. Who knows? Maybe she is a mixed breed and her coat will be different... Could I get that lucky? Probably not.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Indy hasn't started yet. I'm not sure if this will be the year he does as his coat is still pretty thick and long, but no more shedding than usual.
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Ava and Snickers started a few weeks ago. I just got back inside from tying them up on the front porch and alternating between blasting with a force dryer and a Furminator. I'm sure my neighbors loved watching...And I may have blasted the cats a couple of times for fun Laughing
Back to top Go down
Keimo&Izzi
Teenager
Teenager
Keimo&Izzi

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:39 pm

Speaking of that, is the furminator worth the money? I've been looking at them at Petsmart.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:43 pm

I bought a shedmonster or something like that from Walmart and prefer it over the furminator. Less expensive and I think it's easier on the coat/skin.
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:44 pm

They're definitely worth the money, but don't go to a pet store! I got mine on ebay for less than $15, and that was with shipping. It gets off a ton of fur really fast.
Back to top Go down
Keimo&Izzi
Teenager
Teenager
Keimo&Izzi

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Hmmmm.... I'll have to look for the shedmonster. I haven't seen that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It ends eventually, right?   It ends eventually, right? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It ends eventually, right?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next