It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup Empty
PostSubject: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:45 pm

http://hallmark.com/online/in-stores/storybooks/story-buddies/jingle.aspx?mc=T_V_P_ED_HD_QR_jingle_type

Have any of you seen this yet? i was up getting my sis a card and saw it! ok the ornament and snowglobe is super cute as well as the interactive puppy, but i stood there reading both books and the story does NOTHING to help the husky behavior!!! it starts out as Jingles being a homeless puppy, gee i wonder why... any ways he comes across a school and when the kids come out he plays with them but then they go home. so every day he goes back to the school for the kids, then comes christmas break so he missing the kids and goes looking for them only to end up in Santa's sack and under one of the kids christmas tree. the other book talks about him going sledding with the kids and one of the girls brings her cat to go sledding and at some point the cat wonders off so jingles goes and finds the cat. the stories are cute and heart warming but leash less huskies and the idea they stick around ( the kid kept telling jingles to stay and he did) and that they can hunt down cats and be friendly with them is farfetched.

the stuffed husky and first book is $25 im thinking about it for my nephew and niece as i think they would enjoy it and my nephew misses S&J.

it is husky stuff so im still all about it. to bad i dont get the hallmark channel to see the tv show....

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:51 pm

They had this out last year too- my friend said she was going to get it for me for Christmas and never did, so I was bummed as I would've bought it myself if I knew that. Glad it's back this year so I can get it for myself as well as my nephew who misses Koda!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:54 pm

OMG - that's adorable!!!! I already have one stuffed husky (our "practice" dog before Chili. hehe) but can use more! I may be buying that husky gift wrap too! The ornament may find it's way into my house too.... I was always disappointed that husky stuff didn't featured reds - but I can pretend this is Frosti. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:11 am

So glad they brought it back again this year, was super bummed that I didn't get it or the ornament that went along with it! Also in store they carried a giant sized one for $110 Wink
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

I have the Jingle the Husky interactive toy as well as the "Jingle All the Way" book it came with last year. I think it's absolutely adorable but kinda weird reading the book with the interactive toy. With a little one on the way I think it'll be adorable once they get to an age that they can appreciate it but otherwise the book is on my bookshelf and the interactive plush doll was added to my collection of stuffed huskies. I love it but there's not much to do with it besides display the toy unless you have a kid that will appreciate it. I think the story is adorable and so sad, it made me sad reading through it. And I don't really care about it being far fetched, what children's book isn't? Wink

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:39 am

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
OMG - that's adorable!!!! I already have one stuffed husky (our "practice" dog before Chili. hehe) but can use more! I may be buying that husky gift wrap too! The ornament may find it's way into my house too.... I was always disappointed that husky stuff didn't featured reds - but I can pretend this is Frosti. Wink

I wish there was more R&W husky stuff to! That's why I had to get the light switch with a red on it! I posted on FB so I hope one of my family members gets the hint Wink

Val I know its a kids book, I just hope the parents are smart enough to look into it more when the kid goes mom I want a husky!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:04 am

jbealer wrote:
Val I know its a kids book, I just hope the parents are smart enough to look into it more when the kid goes mom I want a husky!

I get where you're coming from but that could be said for all animal related kids' books which is why I wouldn't pick this book out of any other containing animals that would make a pet, that's all. Me personally, when I read pet related books as a child, I didn't pay attention to breed. I just always asked my parents for a puppy, at that age most kids don't know what a husky is relative to any other breed anyway. Laughing

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
at that age most kids don't know what a husky is relative to any other breed anyway. Laughing

Oddly enough almost every kid I see of elementary age and above know that Sabaka is a husky, know that huskies like to pull sleds and "have always wanted a husky their whole life". And I see LOTS of kids at sporting events and at school and on walks... I guess Hollywood has influenced them because there are not many huskies in this area (that I know of). They also have stories of friends and relatives who "used to have a husky". I rarely hear what happened to that husky, but I have heard an occasional "he ran away" story.

Parents, on the other hand, rarely know what breed he is. They see his hyperness (he is getting MUCH better, but even while behaving you can see in his eyes that he wants to be doing the "Tigger bounce"! Laughing ) and they see his furry coat and his size, so most over them make comments about how he must be "a handful" and how his horrible shedding must muck up my house. You can tell the parents who are not going to let their little kids talk them into a cute dog. These people will be the ones who buy the "disposable" goldfish and complain about having to clean its little fish bowl!

I'm excited about Jingle! I hate shopping, so if I saw him last year I don't remember him. My kids are beyond the plush animal age, but the cards and snowglobe and ornament are quite cute!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Lol, Lisa. I think Disney movies like Eight Below and Snow Dogs have a lot to do with it. Either way, I was thinking that Jingle was more appropriate for kids younger than school age (I'm thinking 2-4) but hey, what do I know? Maybe I'm totally off the mark. I know Jingle would be awesome for my sister's daughters, both of whom are not yet old enough for school.

I think we're way overanazlying the book though. I mean really, my favorite book as a kid was about a kangaroo but I never asked my parents for one. Razz Why deprive people of a cute story because some people might be stupid enough to buy a sibe for their spoiled kids? I believe it's up to parents to educate and raise their kids right, not a story teller. Way off topic though!

Newborn
Newborn
AmyM

Female Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:48 pm

FYI - Jingle the Husky Pup and the 1st book are 1/2 price at WalMart right now! I paid $13.97, they are not available online.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Definitely gonna go get one for myself! Thanks Amy!
Back to top Go down
Keimo&Izzi
Teenager
Teenager
Keimo&Izzi

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 7:58 pm

I have to put in a plug for Jingle. I am an elementary school librarian and I bought Jingle All the Way and the stuffed animal to read to all of my K-1st classes. They loved it! So did I, for that matter! santa
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm really hoping I'll get Jingle from my parents, will find out on Friday when I head home for belated family Christmas!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:32 pm

Guess who added to the pack???

Yes! Hubby got me Jingle! Family was a little perplexed about why my husband would get me a stuffed toy! Laughing Everyone was very amused by Jingle and the storytelling, though! Got a tilted head from Frosti and she tried to lick and bite Jingle.

So far, Jingle is a much lower maintenance husky than the real ones - no shedding, pooping or barking. However, he does listen to hubby more than me (high pitched voice?) - just like the real ones. <sigh>
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 1:06 am

I got jingle too! Girls wanted to play with him. They even helped me open the gift!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup   Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup Empty

Back to top Go down

Hallmark- Jingle the husky pup

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1