It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jupiter
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-10-27

Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear Empty
PostSubject: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:19 pm

I tried searching for this product on the forum, but came up with no results so I apologize if it has already been reviewed/discussed.

Anyways, once my girl settles in and masters basic obedience training I would like to begin skijoring.

I was wondering if anyone has used the Ruff Wear Omijore Dog Joring System, or at least have heard about it.

What are you thoughts? Would you recommend it?
Back to top Go down
http://lianiofthevalley.webs.com/
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:25 pm

we have heard about it but no one here has bought it yet. most of us have setups from
http://stores.adanacsleds.com/StoreFront.bok
or
http://alpineoutfitters.net/Secure/UserMods/GettingStarted.asp
North Star Siberian husky rescue will be raffling one off starting in Nov.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:32 pm

jbealer wrote:
we have heard about it but no one here has bought it yet. most of us have setups from
http://stores.adanacsleds.com/StoreFront.bok
or
http://alpineoutfitters.net/Secure/UserMods/GettingStarted.asp
North Star Siberian husky rescue will be raffling one off starting in Nov.

Thanks. I will defiantly check out North Star raffle; I'm all for supporting rescues!

I'm seriously thinking about getting the Ruff Wear. If not, I have heard many good things about Komatik Outfitters, which isn't too far from where I am located.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:38 pm

if your on FB here is the link with more info to come for the rescue
https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Star-Siberian-Husky-Rescue/273509046003458

i have not seen the RW in person to pass judgment on it. i have custom lines and a custom belt that im not ready to give up yet. let us know what you think if you get it, we love reviews around here Smile

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:18 am

I have the Omnijore System (for the raffle) and it is really well made! Belt is padded but the center is mesh so it doesn't get hot. I didn't pull everything out of the bag it comes in but I did look at the belt, and felt the construction of the harness and belt and it's well made and feels very sturdy!

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:37 am

cmanding wrote:
I have the Omnijore System (for the raffle) and it is really well made!

Is there a way non Fart book people or out of your area can buy a chance on this item? (ex. PayPal)
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:09 am

Yes!
Starting November 1st, you can purchase raffle tickets via Google checkout on the website at northstarhuskyrescue.org

the belt is one size and the harness is medium which should fit dog girths from 26" to 36" (I think)
check the size chart on Ruffwear's site but should most huskies.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:22 am

Yes, 26" to 36"

https://system.netsuite.com/c.364364/site/rw_popups/Sizing/3040_fw10_size.jpg
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:44 pm

cmanding wrote:
Yes!
Starting November 1st, you can purchase raffle tickets via Google checkout on the website at northstarhuskyrescue.org

Be sure to bump this to the top after the first of the month. (i'll forget)
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:32 pm

will do!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:20 am

The raffle to win the Ruffwear Omnijore Joring System is now open!!

http://www.northstarhuskyrescue.org/info/display?PageID=11391

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:22 pm

TY
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks Len!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:12 pm

i got my tickets on Sun!!!!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:58 pm

bounce

Don't forget to get your raffle tickets - you have until the end of November.
Winner will be picked on December 1st. and will contacted phone and email.

Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:24 am

I thought about getting this set for a lil canicross aswell. I use custom mades at the moment. The harness and the belt look good, but form the looks I´m not sure if the leash is really trustworthy when it comes to Husky power.

IThe problems I do have with RuffWear harnesses is the fitting, buying the right size is difficult in my opinion..

The next question is, there are alot sleddog equipment companies that offer good quality for less money, so is the RuffWear set really so outstanding that it is worth spending that much money?
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:24 am

SiberianAnubis wrote:
...so is the RuffWear set really so outstanding that it is worth spending that much money?
I think the one advantage of the harness from Ruff Wear is that it's adjustable vs custom harness aren't. The harness supposedly adjusts in a few different points to get it right, and the girth will fit over a span of 10" making it nice if you have a puppy that is still growing.

Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Can you fix the adjustable points so that they stay that way? I have the Webmaster harness and you have to readjust it over and over again..
What are your experiences with th eincluded roamer leash? Is it able to handle the power of a Husky for some time?
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:43 pm

SiberianAnubis wrote:
...so is the RuffWear set really so outstanding that it is worth spending that much money?

For years and years Ruff Wear stuff was the toughest and best fitting products. Spending the dough on their products was a no brainer when I couldn't find good used ones. However, lately I've become a little more skeptical of spending the extra for new Ruff Wear things. My Approach packs, and Jenn's Palisade pack just don't quite have the same build or feel of quality that my older things had. I know I can't judge the harness from the use of the packs, but the adjustments are pretty much constant after 10 months of hard use and the seams are stressing and pulling. Pretty sure they wouldn't cover anything on warranty if they saw these things.

I love the look of this system, but personally I'm going to wait for a lot more reviews. I also would just use the custom harnesses and paying for the whole thing doesn't make sense for me. I just need the hip belt.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:50 pm

I heard alot about the high quality of RufWear that´s why I bought the webmaster harness, and I was a bit disappointed.
Yeah I only would need the harness, because I don´t have a sleddog harness yet.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:40 am

I couldn't find that thread where y'all were posting the deals you find online. Instead I just thought I would add it to the end of this thread.

GearTrade has an OmniJore set they're selling for a bit more reasonable price...
http://www.geartrade.com/item/249530

I still need a stupid medium pack soon.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:35 am

That's a good price! It is a large harness though.... Sad

Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:03 pm

I am looking for a belt system that I can put both dogs on. Anyone have a suggestion? I can't seem to find if you can buy parts to the Ruffwear system separately.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:13 pm

You can not buy the ruffwear items individually. (the belt sure is comfortable)
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:22 pm

No you can't buy the Omnijore pieces seperately.

I have 2 different skijoring/canicross belts. One my hubby uses, and I use the other.

The one from Adanac Sleds can come with lines for either one or two dogs:
http://stores.adanacsleds.com/-strse-Skijoring-and-Canicross/Categories.bok
They don't have a good picture of it so I'll get one posted in a few minutes.

The other belt I have is from Alpine Outfitters:
http://www.alpineoutfitters.net/secure/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=24
Alpine may take a while for your order to arrive...it's off season right now, so you may get it on time.

I have both with leg loops but when it's not in use, it's just looped on the ouside of our legs.

The Alpine belt is a little padded, but I think the one from Adanac has an option with padding now (double check on their website as I'm not sure).

Hubby likes the one from Adanac because it's thin (no padding) and he does like that the connection from the line to the belt can shift from side to side if the dogs go off to one side or the other.

I kind of prefer the Alpine belt because the line is connected to 2 D rings which will pull you from the center if the dogs go off to one side.

I also have the Omnijore belt which I like the pockets for small stuff (portable digital camera when I don't have my big DSLR, chapstick, snack bar) and water bottle holder when I do have my DSLR (my backpack is then my camera pack which doesn't have a good water bottle holder.

PostSubject: Re: Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear   Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear Empty

Back to top Go down

Omnijore; Dog Joring System by Ruff Wear

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next