It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My one and only Dakota

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

My one and only Dakota - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:06 pm

I am so sorry to hear this. RIP Dakota.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:14 pm

I can not even put in words what I am feeling right now. It is a loss so deep that I carry an ache in my heart. I am so thankful for each and every one of you. You all have helped me realize I am not going through this alone. Willow has been wonderful. She's letting me cry on her shoulder and allowing me to hug her whenever I need it. She hasn't left my side and everytime we go to my bedroom, she has gone to his spot by my bed and just stands there and looks at me . It breaks my heart but I know she understands.

Len, I'm so glad Dakota will have a friend while he waits for me.
Back to top Go down
LiamShannon
Newborn
Newborn
LiamShannon

Male Join date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:52 pm

RIP Dakota
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Many tears are being shed today... It's hard to find the words to express how deeply sorry I am. Dakota will always be with you...
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:06 pm

I've been thinking about you and Dakota all day Mindy- we are all here for you!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:14 pm

arooroomom wrote:

Same here. I have been thinking of you all day. You are not alone.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Dee&Frankie wrote:
arooroomom wrote:

Me three! You haven't left my thoughts all day. Even people at work are asking me what's wrong Sad
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:29 pm

HEAVEN'S DOGGY-DOOR
My best friend closed his eyes last night,
As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
And it was hard for him to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And OH...his many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart thats filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
GOD also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door"!

jan cooper '95

Run Free in Peace Dakota
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Dee&amp;Frankie wrote:
arooroomom wrote:

Here, here! Me too!
Back to top Go down
LiamShannon
Newborn
Newborn
LiamShannon

Male Join date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:23 pm

It helps knowing that you loved them so much and gave them a great life where so many other animals or humans in the world do not get that opportunity, its what helped me getting over my dog knowing he had such a great life and I bet Dakota did.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:15 pm

I am overwhelmed with all the love you all are sending my way. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:39 am

Huge Hugs Girl .. so sorry for ur loss
Rip Buddy Play w my Malamute & enjoy meaty bones
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I am sorry to hear this. Sad
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:39 am

So sorry for your loss. RIP Dakota. Run free.

My one and only Dakota - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:43 am

Thank you ladies.
Back to top Go down
toyszruskid
Teenager
Teenager
toyszruskid

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:01 am

My deepest sympathies. I've lost a pet before, one of the hardest things I've ever been through. You will be in my prayers!
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm so sorry. Sad I know how hard it is when you lose a pet who is more like a family member than some actual human family members. You'll get through this and Willow will become soooo spoiled. Smile

Dakota will have a lot of playmates now...I know of one Samoyed who will welcome him with open paws.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Demon&Dakota wrote:

Dakota will have a lot of playmates now...I know of one Samoyed who will welcome him with open paws.

I love you
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Im very sorry for your loss RIP Dakota. I deal with death alot in my field and am pretty good at dealing with it but this has truly hit home. Sad
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Thank you so much! All of you!

I can't help but replay everything in my head and I really feel for the vet assistant that was there. I could tell she was upset as well and she was so nice to me. I just can't even imagine having to deal with that on a day to day basis.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:03 am

I know this might not help you right now, but even after years when I think about my pets that are gone, the pain comes back so strong but it helps alot when I realize that we all will be together again one day..
Keep this in mind and maybe it will help you
Back to top Go down
pixipanda
Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

Female Join date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:21 pm

I'm so sorry, Mindy. That's such a difficult thing to go through. Cherish your memories of your sweet puppy. You two are in my thoughts. Sad
Back to top Go down
wintershuman
Newborn
Newborn
wintershuman

Male Join date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:54 pm

I'm so, so sorry to hear about Dakota, Mindy. Losing a dear pet is one of the hardest things to bear. You're in my thoughts. Run free, Dakota.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinemeadowpond.com
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 am

I can't believe it was one year ago today that I lost my Dakota. I still think about him everyday and miss him very much. He meant more to me than I could ever express and I was truly blessed to have had him in my life. Until I see you again....

One of my favorites of Dakota and Willow.

My one and only Dakota - Page 2 2011-07-24111126
Back to top Go down
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

Male Join date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 3:27 am

I am so sorry. Such a cute picture of the dogs playing.. My deepest sympathies. Even a year later, remembering can be hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My one and only Dakota   My one and only Dakota - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My one and only Dakota

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next