It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

Female Join date : 2011-11-10

loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) Empty
PostSubject: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:04 pm

Bullet is a 7 month old German Shepherd with a little bit of Black lab in him. He lives here with me, my husband and Blitz!

loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) 296847_10150320729335732_515215731_7999949_76747128_n
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Here is a picture of Boomer, my 4 year old mini Australian Shepherd... he lives with my parents in Kentucky because he was too attached to my mom to take him to Hawaii with me.

loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) 293522_10150285004135732_515215731_7809823_1441291374_n
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:17 pm

They're both adorable! I love you
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:24 pm

awww I love you
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:20 am

This is Jake! My early anniversary present to my husband. He's been begging for a cat and I finally gave in. He's a little over a year old, and his tail is bent completely in half! (His previous name was Hook but my husband wanted Jake lol)

loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) ?attid=0

loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) Jake10
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:38 am

Wow, I love Jake's coloring
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:56 am

Dee&Frankie wrote:
Wow, I love Jake's coloring

Ditto!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:01 am

Thanks me too!! It's so pronounced and pretty! I wanted to name him Mosaic "Mo" for short... trying to convince my husband to change it to that since we've only had him 2 hours. haha
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:43 am

Aw, they are all gorgeous. I love Jake's markings!
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 3:40 am

Jake is HANDSOME! i want to see his face!! lol I love kitties! I have two I love you
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:02 am

OMG Jake is gorgeous. I have a tuxedo cat which is cool but boring compared to that coat. (the color is boring, not the cat lol)

Bullet looks so cuddly. What eyes. I hate you had to leave your aussie at home. I had to leave my old cat and my horse in PA when I moved to Cali simply because my husband has allergies and my horse wouldn't have made the trip well.
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:19 pm

I know I miss my aussie so much! But he was way too attached to my parents to take him away from them, plus the flight out here to Hawaii from where we lived would have been torture - he hates even car rides. Sad
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm SO SAD to say that we had to rehome Jake our cat. Sad We were told by numerous people that on post you could have 2 dogs and 2 cats... however when I called to register Jake in housing they told me I had reached my pet limit with 2 and stated we had 30 days to rehome one of our animals. So not fair at all! Thankfully the woman who came to get Jake was SUPER nice and she just fell in love with him instantly. Can't wait to be in our own home when Dustin gets out of the Army so they can't tell us how many pets we are allowed to have.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:54 pm

That's too bad!! I'm so sry! Crying or Very sad What sux even more, depending on what county you live in, there are usually pet limits. Where I live we can only have 4 pets per household, If you have more and the county finds out you have to pay a HUGE fine and they take one of your pets away the same day you get your fine. It's just another way to get money and control you and it's BS if you ask me. I'm glad you found a good home for Jake!
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Yeah thankfully I think the only thing that we have to do with our dogs when we get home is get them licensed in whatever city we live in. I haven't found anything as far as limits on how many. I never plan to have more than 4 dogs at a time though, unless I have a huge farm later on.... which I really want. And when that time comes I really want to run a dog rescue/boarding center. But that's all wishful thinking so for now I guess it's just us and the 2 boys!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:41 pm

That's so sad about Jake! That happened to my sister and her husband when they got stationed in Monterey, CA. They had 2 cats and a dog at the time, and were told they could only have 2 pets. Thankfully my parents stepped in and said they'd keep the one cat until my sister moves and they don't live on base. They are moving to Groton, CT in the spring, but I don't know if they'll go for base housing again. I've never been eligible because I'm single (I am dead set against living in the BOQ... all it is is a hotel room with no kitchen on most bases), and now that I'm getting married the base I'm on has housing that really should be condemned. Glad to hear there really aren't any restrictions where you're moving. I've heard about that 4 animal rule in other places as well.

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Oh gosh yes there is about 50% of housing here that was supposed to be knocked down and rebuilt because it is so poorly constructed but they have put it off for over 5 years because there are so many families that move here. We got lucky with a nice house on base though. I'm glad there aren't any restrictions either!! I found a realtor to work with when we get home, he said he doesn't even want to know the breeds of my dogs because he said he will allow them in any home he rents me. Everyone else I called before him said there's no way I could bring Bullet (GSD/Lab) because he is mixed with an "aggressive breed" Evil or Very Mad .... if they met him they'd know he is the biggest dope ever! And I definitely cannot get rid of him because later in life there's a chance that I may have to train him as a service dog. Try and separate me from my dogs and you'll get a fight!! lol Smile
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm glad you've found a good realtor that's willing to work with you and Bullet. I am a land lady (weird to say still), because I couldn't sell my house in Oklahoma City and have been forced to rent it out to pay the mortgage. I'm only advertising on military sites, but the dog thing can be a huge liability. I understand people being nervous about certain dogs, but I think blanket banning of certain breeds is stupid. If I get an applicant with dogs, I make sure they don't have any sort of bite record and I follow up with references. Our trainer here really stressed to us the importance of getting Ghost certified as a CGC because it helps with rental applications and whatnot. If you can swing it, I'd look into doing it for Bullet and Blitz especially since you are looking at potentially training him as a service dog. Our local Petsmart does the training and testing, so look and see what's available out your way.

You guys are lucky you got a good house on base. My best friend was stationed at Pearl for a while and her husband at Schofield, and they bought a condo. Wound up taking a pretty big hit on it when it finally sold. It would be nice if the Navy and Army would follow suit with what the AF is doing revamping housing. It's a pretty big slap in the face to make us live in houses that should probably be condemned...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)   loved - My other equally loved 4 legged babies :) Empty

Back to top Go down

My other equally loved 4 legged babies :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1