It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Different Coats????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mhmenefee
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-12-18

Different Coats???? Empty
PostSubject: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:10 pm

I recently got my husky puppy and I love him to death!!! He is 9 weeks old and full of energy! My husband and I were walking at the beach and i saw another husky puppy about two weeks older and I noticed that this one's fur was a lot slimmer and not as fluffy as my pups. So i was wondering... Is there different coat types for a Husky ranging from fluffy to not so fluffy?
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:16 pm

Yes. Smile They are usually called "wooley" coated. I've seen a few, and you're right, they are much fluffier!
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
mhmenefee
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:32 pm

lol ok i gotcha. I was just like wow Nikko's so much fluffier then the other pups that i've seen.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Husky coats can vary GREATLY. Huskies can have various lengths and thickness of hair. A wooly Husky is even crazier than your average longer-haired fluffy Husky. Here's a photo of a Wooly - they are a sight to behold.

Different Coats???? 393236_256844484376155_131543303572941_690621_191067667_n

Last edited by rileyflorence on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Though it should be noted, wooly is considered a fault in the breed. Though they are very cute!

Different Coats???? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:33 am

And way more work grooming wise.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:16 am

Here's a photo of my woolly, Sebo.

Different Coats???? 2010-012
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:39 am

Dakota had a very full and fluffy coat but was not a wooley. Willow has a much more sleek coat. Her shedding is much, much less than what I had to deal with on Dakota.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:14 pm

I think it's also important to note that coat types will vary quite a bit even within the standard coat. It mainly boils down to genetics and also climate to an extent. Within standard coats you'll find some shorter, some longer, some thicker, some thinner and the range of in-betweens is pretty amazing and that's not even taking into account wooly coats. I've met lots of huskies with standard coats and have yet to find two coats that were exactly alike.

Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:20 pm

The only two huskies I've ever met with "the same" coat were less to due with genetics and more to due with lack-of-grooming. Poor things...
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

Female Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:45 pm

My husky is a "wooly" & she is beginning to shed a TON! She's a little fluffer, her coat is SO thick, but i think the make the best cuddlers! Like a big teddy bear.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:04 pm

I've been told Balon has an Irish Coat, which is not a wooley but is longer then some huskies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different Coats????   Different Coats???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Different Coats????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1