A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Tetra and Tiana!, our April HOTM winners! HOTM - May : TBA!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Tetra and Tiana,
our April HOTM Winners!
Dorky Dogs!





Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Husky House!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys


Share | .
 

 Dakota January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SA DA KA
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-01-28
Location : Johnson Vermont

PostSubject: Dakota January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011   Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:03 pm



Dakota was a rescue at a year old. He spent 12 years as part of our pack and passed 9 months after Sasha from complications of Diabetes a month after Sasha's passing. Our hearts hadn't even healed from Sasha when Dakota passed to the Rainbow Bridge. Sasha and Dakota are never forgotten for they have left Paw prints on our Hearts forever.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief


Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Dakota January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011   Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Nothing has ever hurt me more then the passing of my best friends which always have 4 legs. We feel your sorrow.
Back to top Go down
SA DA KA
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-01-28
Location : Johnson Vermont

PostSubject: Re: Dakota January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011   Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:45 pm

@Here4thePics wrote:
Nothing has ever hurt me more then the passing of my best friends which always have 4 legs. We feel your sorrow.
Thank you,
When we lost Sasha, she was the first. We felt as if part of our heart went with her. The month of July was a total black out and when Dakota left us to the Rainbow Bridge, we were just numb and thought how deep they crawl into our hearts.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2010-10-01
Location : Miami,FL

PostSubject: Re: Dakota January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011   Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:55 pm

That's so sad Sad I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself when one of my babies cross the rainbow bridge. I don't even want to think about it for a long time!

You have one left? How has he taken it? Poor baby Sad
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief


Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Dakota January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011   Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:44 pm

SA DA KA, something to live by......

It came to me that every time
I lose a dog,
they take a piece of my heart with them.

And every new dog
who comes into my life
gifts me with a piece of their heart.

If I live long enough,
all the components of my heart will be dog,
and I will become
as generous and loving as they are.
Back to top Go down
SA DA KA
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-01-28
Location : Johnson Vermont

PostSubject: Re: Dakota January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011   Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:47 pm

@Here4thePics wrote:
SA DA KA, something to live by......

It came to me that every time
I lose a dog,
they take a piece of my heart with them.

And every new dog
who comes into my life
gifts me with a piece of their heart.

If I live long enough,
all the components of my heart will be dog,
and I will become
as generous and loving as they are.

What a beautiful quote! And we would love to have a Dogs Heart. I love you
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-12-26
Location : Alexandria, VA

PostSubject: Re: Dakota January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011   Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:03 pm

I'm so sorry for you're loss Sad I know how hard it is to lose something so precious and part of you're family. There's no worse feeling then losing someone that you love ... Here's such a touching story I'd like to share with you. I believe it's a true story too.

A Dog's Purpose According To A 6 Year Old :

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, “I know why.”

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation. He said, “People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”

The six-year-old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”
Back to top Go down
SA DA KA
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-01-28
Location : Johnson Vermont

PostSubject: Re: Dakota January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011   Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:49 am

@Hayden_69 wrote:
I'm so sorry for you're loss Sad I know how hard it is to lose something so precious and part of you're family. There's no worse feeling then losing someone that you love ... Here's such a touching story I'd like to share with you. I believe it's a true story too.

A Dog's Purpose According To A 6 Year Old :

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, “I know why.”

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation. He said, “People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”

The six-year-old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”


Thank you for sharing the beautiful verse. It is something to remember when we so often say "why can't they live longer?" Dakota is never forgotten and is always in our heart. Right along with "Sasha!" I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dakota January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011   

Back to top Go down
 

Dakota January 10, 1998 - March 14, 2011

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Rainbow Bridge-