It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

recommended shampoo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

Female Join date : 2012-02-01

recommended shampoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:39 am

I still love the FURminator shampoo. Since we've been tight on money I've been using oatmeal shampoo though. It helps with Diesel's dandruff... he has tons.
Back to top Go down
HuskyAvalanche
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyAvalanche

Female Join date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Now I do want to throw out there for the people who like to use Dry shampoo for in between cleanings, that and this is just my opinion. The PetHead blueberry muffin Dry shampoo, while it smelled wonderful, but only for about ten minutes before it wears off, leaves a very sticky residue on dogs coat, and for $11.00 dollars this small expensive bottle is just about gone once used on your Husky! I truly believe it is made for small short haired dogs! So this is not in my opinion a good shampoo for huskies! I do however recommend the John Paul shampoo kits for dogs especially the whitner one. amazing products if you can spend that kind of money, relatively cheaper at your local T.J. Maxx store than the internet and pet stores. I would seriously use this all the time if I could afford to!

Last edited by HuskyAvalanche on Thu May 16, 2013 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

Female Join date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 5:20 pm

So are you recommending the Pethead or not?
Back to top Go down
HuskyAvalanche
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyAvalanche

Female Join date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Sorry no Not recommending Pet head, The also would recommend comment was because I recommended the diy dry shampoo in an earlier post, sorry I shall edit it and fix that so no one gets confused!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:13 pm

I used JP Pet for a while because of recommendations from other people who love those products and I wasn't impressed at all. I won't buy JP Pet products ever again, they weren't horrible but I saw absolutely nothing special about them. I prefer Earthbath and Bio-Groom over JP Pet because they gave me much better results.

Puppy
Puppy
Mink

Female Join date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:20 pm

My Boss, a groomer for over 12 years, our first Mentor - a master groomer for over 30 years, and myself (about 6 years I think?) ^_^

We also have an almost-retired, part-time Groomer that works with us who has over 25 years of experience and has just been raving about our shampoo. She has worked at many other shops in the past, and has seen numerous different shampoos - she thinks we've found the best.

WE LOVE

EZ GROOM, and so do ALL our customers - even the super fussy ones!!

Everything they make is VERY Natural.

They have many different formulas -

Honey Lavender is basic and gentle, good for puppies or kittens, is moisturizing / soothing and smells great for a long time.

Lemongrass is pretty dependable, handles most grease / grime and really makes dogs shiny!

Orange Crush is great for Whitening, as is Maximum Impact (smells like berries) but
Maximum Impact is also great for the worst grease, grime, yuk and skunk lol.

Sugar Plum makes them super extra soft, lots of conditioning.

They also have a Oatmeal shampoo which is wonderful, and their Flea Season and Medicated Flea Season shampoos work awesome! (Where we've seen many that don't!)

EZ Groom also has a great Leave-In Conditioner, and Pet Cologne.

So.. I super-mega-ultra-to-infinity Highly Recommend EZ GROOM. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Colleen, what are your thoughts on Nature's Specialties?

I ask because, like I always do, I did some research and reading up on the EZ Groom that you so highly recommended. I even went to grooming forums to learn about it and I'm finding far more recommendations from groomers for the Nature's Specialties shampoos than for EZ Groom shampoos. I'm not a groomer which is why I trust what a majority of groomers recommend over the average Joe and I have to say that I'm intrigued about Nature's Specialties after all the great things and recommendations I'm seeing for it. I know it's not the one you recommended but I thought maybe you, or one of your experienced groomer mentors, might have used it and be able to share what they do and don't like about it, and why they prefer EZ Groom over Nature's Specialties?

Puppy
Puppy
Mink

Female Join date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 12:29 am

Sorry for the delayed response, things have been hectic.. to say the least. Between my car breaking down, finding someone to alter my new wedding gown, and getting swamped at work due to the impending holiday lol.

I read your post to my boss.. she said "What? You're giving me homework?" Lol

We all have not heard of Nature's Specialties... tech-wise I just got the other groomers able to use Facebook on their own and my boss is still hooked on AOL. So if it isn't in any of the supply catalogs we get, its not likely to be known.

There is also the idea of regions. In our area the company PetEdge is very popular, you could say they have a monopoly. Nature's Specialties could be more of a "west coast" thing.

Now, we have all seen and tried quite a few other grooming shampoo brands - My boss does give new things a try if there's a trial or sample type of deal.

When we decided to try a Hydrosurge machine about a year ago, part of the deal was it came with 4 jugs of free shampoo of a brand that had a partnership or etc. We tried the shampoos on our own dogs and a few friend/family dogs and didn't like it as much as EZGroom. We have 4 jugs still sitting in one of our cabinets lol. Now - one lady told my boss we should just use it because it was free, more profit for us.. but honestly our shop is not so much about rolling in money and more about quality and care.

So - another angle to look at it is - If Nature's Specialties is almost or as good as EZGroom, then most groomers would choose the cheaper option... which I'm not sure of prices right now.

Although, our shop is more about doing the best job possible and not charging an arm and a leg, we charge up to half as much as some other groomers and chain stores in our area. If Nature's Specialties costs more but works as good as EZGroom, we'd be better off with EZGroom.

Honestly, I can't see HOW another shampoo could be an improvement on EZGroom.. it gets A+ in all departments - the dogs are all squeaky clean, smell great for a lasting time, shiny, soft, whitened, moisturized, de-dandruffed, it rinses out easily, lathers wonderfully, undercoat comes out easier since its smoother / cleaner.. tear-free, never had a dog with a bad reaction to it.. You name it.

So we are pretty thrilled and content with EZGroom.. the only thing we could do by trying out other brands is maybe find something just as good for cheaper... but we know EZGroom is all natural and trustworthy, and we have lots of fun trying out the different Formulas as EZGroom comes up with new ones. ^_^

Sorry I couldn't really answer your core question, but at the moment we have no data on Nature's Specialties or prior knowledge of its existence. There are literally about 30 different shampoo brands in one grooming catalog, and I did check PetEdge for Nature's Specialties, they don't have it among their dozens of brands either. EZGroom we do order direct from the EZGroom company though. ^_^
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2013 1:01 am

I just keep being impressed with Pro-Line. Their stuff is amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:08 am

Sorry to bring this thread back around. What does everyone think about TropiClean? I saw it at Pet Supplies Plus and it seems a fairly good brand, however I'd like to get some opinions on it. From what I can see on this thread I want to go with either EarthBath or Bio-Groom, but I'd like to know how TropiClean compares to those two brands if possible?
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:38 pm

I havent used tropiclean or anything else really. We always used mane and tail, a cheapo shampoo or something from petsmart. Fortunately and unfortunately I'm just getting into the better products for the dogs now and learning from everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recommended shampoo   recommended shampoo - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

recommended shampoo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2