A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Kohdi, Mishka, and Jimmy!, our September HOTM winners! HOTM - October : TBA!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Kohdi, Mishka, and Jimmy,
our September HOTM Winners!
It's A Husky Thing!





Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our August Rescue is:

North Star Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys


Share | .
 

 Puppy Ate Chocolate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-12-26
Location : Alexandria, VA

PostSubject: Puppy Ate Chocolate   Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:13 am

I just went into the kitchen and found a cadbury egg wrapper on the floor that Hayden apparently ate! I'm freaking out because chocolate isn't good for dog's! He weigh's 26 lbs, is this going to hurt him??? what signs should I look out for?? I'm like freaking out
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
avatar

Female Join date : 2010-09-09
Location : Deltona, FL

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Chocolate   Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:23 am

Was it milk or dark chocolate? Dark is worse for them. I would think he would be fine if it was milk, not sure about dark. You can give him a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide to make him throw it up.

_________________
-Sara

Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-12-26
Location : Alexandria, VA

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Chocolate   Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:00 am

it was milk chocolate Sad
Back to top Go down
bott6654
Puppy
Puppy
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-02-03
Location : Norman, OK

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Chocolate   Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:30 am

Kelly, I looked it up because I was curious! You have nothing to worry about. Your 27 pound dog would need to eat about 27 ounces of milk chocolate for anything tragic to be taking place. One of those eggs is only about 1.3 ounces! No need to worry Smile I'm sure Hayden will be just fine Smile. The sources I found say that in order for milk chocolate to be toxic, the dog would have to consume the same number of ounces that the dog weighs in pounds.
Back to top Go down
bott6654
Puppy
Puppy
avatar

Male Join date : 2012-02-03
Location : Norman, OK

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Chocolate   Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:31 am

Correction: 26 pound dog would need to eat 26 ounces for anything bad to happen
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-12-26
Location : Alexandria, VA

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Chocolate   Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:22 am

Thank you Smile
I ended up calling the Emergency Vet right before reading this post and they said the same thing thankfully! They said he would probably vomit, but thankfully didn't do that!
Suck's because that was my cadbury egg lol
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-07-27
Location : Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Chocolate   Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Girl go buy another one! They are delicious! Darn you Hayden
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-12-26
Location : Alexandria, VA

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Chocolate   Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:55 pm

i<3neo wrote:
Girl go buy another one! They are delicious! Darn you Hayden

lol! i know right!!! actually that was the first thing i said when i saw it, then it clicked "oh sh*t chocolate is poisonous!" *freaked out* then i'm like "damn, i want my cadbury egg!"
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-07-24
Location : Los Angeles

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Chocolate   Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Ha! Yum - cadbury egg.

For future reference, if it's something that won't hurt on the way back up (bones, sharp objects, chemicals), make him vomit.

Frosti ate a piece of gum hubby didn't see (sugar free anything is toxic to dogs) - so we gave her 1 tsp per 10 lbs of weight to make her vomit. It happens fairly quickly - in between 5 and 10 min after ingestion. I mix it with pumpkin or some mashed fruit to mask the taste.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2011-12-26
Location : Alexandria, VA

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Chocolate   Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:48 pm

great tip! Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Puppy Ate Chocolate   

Back to top Go down
 

Puppy Ate Chocolate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Puppy Ate Chocolate
» Chocolate labrador WANTED
» My new puppy has diarrhoea & I need some advice!
» Suzie B's Old Puppy :-)
» Tips for new baby with puppy

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Medical Issues-