It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

Female Join date : 2012-02-01

color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! Empty
PostSubject: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:53 pm

So first I'd like to say I LOVE snow nose huskies! Something about that crazy pink and black... especially ones with the huge streak right up the middle. Now Diesel has always had a pure shiny black nose but I looked at him tonight when I was feeding him and most of his nose is pink! Do they normally just get snow noses over time if they are going to have one? I noticed the inside of his nostrils were pink tinged for a bit over the last few weeks but nothing like this....

color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! Photo0158
This was him when he was around 7 months old.

color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! IMG_4716
Took this picture tonight. It's crazy pink!

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:55 pm

I think your embarrassing him telling us about his pink nose
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:57 pm

He was mad because I took his food bowl away for that picture, I gave it promptly back Laughing
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:04 pm

He does not look happy with you.

Maybe because he has been playing in the snow more he now has a snow nose.. lol!

Just kidding I know nothing about this.. Blaze always had the snow nose well every since we good him at 9 months.
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:05 pm

Snow here would be awesome! But I live in East Texas and closer to the south than north.... It's been about 70 here for most of winter with cool nights... hardly been cold and definitely not a speck of snow!
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:12 pm

So I've been looking and it could be just a winter thing...(even in warm climates) or it could be permanent - they say it usually will be permanent if it is a change before two years old that lingers. Who knows, guess I'll just have to see!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Like I said I didn't know was just guessing ..

Blaze has the snow nose..

sounds like that could be it.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:30 pm

A snow nose with a mustache and freckles!
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:28 am

Shania had a snow nose from day one. Shadow's would change from black to a snow nose and back to black. Hers didn't start changing though until she was about 5 or 6.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:13 am

Kale has a snow nose too, we'll see if it turns black again this summer... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:09 pm

ours has snow noses all year long, they get more pink in the winter.

Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:12 pm

In all the books, magazines, and articles I've read about huskies...they all talk about them having "snow noses" in winter...genetically there must be a reason. So, yes, they can change color.

I was surprised a HUSKY rescue didn't know the answer to that question on Facebook...??
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Oh did you see my post on Free Spirit's wall? Yeah I was rather surprised too.
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Luka had a snow for a good three years until last August when we moved. Then it went away! Even though Wisconsin and Illinios are not that far apart, it was enough to trigger a change in her nose. Her snow nose came back last month though! Wouldn't be suprised if it went away again this summer.

I'd guess his snow nose will go away this summer, but you never know! He has such a cute snow nose! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Kiyonai wrote:
Oh did you see my post on Free Spirit's wall? Yeah I was rather surprised too.
lol!

YAH! Took me a sec to connect the two! Haha! But yeah, that's odd they didn't know that.???
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!   color - Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Diesel's Nose Has Changed Color!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1