It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gladahmae
Teenager
Teenager
gladahmae

Female Join date : 2012-02-13

Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates? Empty
PostSubject: Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates?   Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:51 am

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about a replacement for the slideout trays in the wire crates because ours is.....ummmm.......in about 50 pieces. I can't say I'm surprised he destroyed it because it was REALLY flimsy plastic. Ideally a replacement would be chew-proof and dig-proof, and not cost elventy-billion dollars.

I'm thinking of stapling the crate to a piece of OSB (so he can't dig up our pine plank floors) and upholstering a piece of cement board and zip-tying it into the bottom so he can't slide it out. We've got everything here to do that, but I'm not sure about the chew-proofness of cement board.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates?   Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:56 am

We had a metal floor in ours. I think it came from a feed supply store. Then a couple of carabiner clips at the opening kept it from sliding out.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates?   Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:59 pm

I would say a metal pan as well, or can u get some cheap tile and tile the cement board?

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates?   Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:13 pm

I've had one with a steel pan in the bottom for 1,000 years now. There is a little rust spot forming and I fear having to replace it with something else. Those plastic ones are junk. There are commercial quality crates but I haven't seen trays sold separately. I've casually browsed the internet for a replacement for mine. It wasn't looking good...

I'll be interested to hear what you do.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates?   Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Wow. I didn't really look around much, but I didn't expect they'd be this expensive...
http://www.mightypets.com/General-Cage-CrateAccessories-PAN-GC-Silver.aspx

Heh, I bet mine is all rusted out on the side of the shed where all of the junk is crammed.
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates?   Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:21 pm

wow! $71 dolars for a 42" pan! :/ thats loads, my crate came with a metal pan as well, seems to hold up pretty well but then again, my guy is only a pup! But regardless, for that price, i could just buy a new crate lol.
Back to top Go down
gladahmae
Teenager
Teenager
gladahmae

Female Join date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates?   Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates? EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:40 pm

yeah.....and we have a 48in crate. No lesson learned. should have paid the extra $15 and bought one with a metal pan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates?   Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates? Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternative to the slide-out pans in wire crates?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1