It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Wolf Husky Pups

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Male Join date : 2011-11-16

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:06 pm

I ran across this site looking for wolf rescues. I read the Q & A and it honestly seemed somewhat reputable to me. What say you?

wolfhuskypups.com
Back to top Go down
bott6654
Puppy
Puppy
bott6654

Male Join date : 2012-02-03

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:03 am

I was actually looking at this website when I first thought about getting a dog, and possibly a wolf. I think it's legit and pretty impressive in the way that they run their breeding. I stopped looking at it though when the girlfriend said we can't get a wolf hybrid Sad. It's hard to find an apartment that allows them haha
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:22 am

Why does that look like a good site to you guys? Looks like a puppy broker site to me. I honestly have no respect for any breeder who doesn't do health tests (hips and eyes). Plus any breeder who breeds wolfdogs.

Wolf Husky Pups Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
bott6654
Puppy
Puppy
bott6654

Male Join date : 2012-02-03

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 am

Like I said, I stopped looking at it when my gf said we couldn't get a wolf hybrid....that was pretty quick so I didn't down to the nitty gritty of what there site and business was all about, but it looked pretty good to me compared to other hybrid breeders.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:13 am

It looks like a broker to me too. Are you looking for a rescue wolfdog? At least round here, they get listed on petfinder, but you can't search under wolf. Looking closely at the malamute/husky crosses, or sometimes malamute/gsd cross, finds something that says wolfdog in the small print.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:47 am

A couple reasons i thought it seemed somewhat legit.

They require any adopted animal to be altered.
They offer health guarantees.
They agree to help any owner who is not able to continue to provide care for one of their animals find a home.
They do both temperment and health testing.

No I'm not really looking to obtain a wolf dog. I just was looking at different sites and ran across this one. When I saw it at first i was like "oh here we go..". But when i looked a lil closer it didnt seem all that bad. Of course I would not be the greatest judge. Just wanted to see what everyone else thought.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:44 am

Not too sure about them being a reputable breeder, but those puppies sure are cute Smile
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:18 pm

Its a puppy mill my friend tried to adopt from them. STAY FAR AWAY they wanted to charge her 4000 for a pup. You need a very good wolf hybrid breeder.
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:20 pm

norbreedslove wrote:
Its a puppy mill my friend tried to adopt from them. STAY FAR AWAY they wanted to charge her 4000 for a pup. You need a very good wolf hybrid breeder.
WOW $4000 i can buy like 4 horses with that
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:30 pm

ya and she was not going to have to sign a puppy application. not have an interview with the breeder. sketchy to me!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Anyone know of a reputable wolf hybrid breeder? I dont know that I am seriously interested but I would kinda like to check them out.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:26 pm

I recommend if there is a rescue in your area volunteer and make sure you want one. haha people make fun of me and my Wolfies. I used to work at a wolf dog rescue. Stubbornness is 20 times worse. I know one breeder someone told me about. I will find the site, however I highly recommend doing that.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:28 pm

A rescue in N.C.

http://fullmoonfarm.org/cms/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:06 pm

I seriously doubt there are in my area but I will def check. I think I would enjoy volunteering at one even if I wasn't interested in getting one.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:31 pm

I thought you wanted a malamute. Sad I have wayy more info on that! lol
Back to top Go down
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:38 pm

lol
I don't know what i want! I won't be gettin anything for a couple months. I go back and forth. More than likely I will get another husky. But who knows. I do love my Jas...but i might wanna work with something different. As long as whatever i get gets along with her fine. If I did get something with wolf it would have to be very low content. I will definately want something that can be inside and able to be crate trained.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:43 pm

As long as it is a male, Same genders sometimes not all with northern breeds can be problems. Well if you get a puppy obviously you can train it the way you want. Smile
Back to top Go down
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Yeah..I've heard that high content wolf dogs never do well inside? I do plan to get a male...whatever i get.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Thats what we were told, however I am not sure. Most of the dogs the rescue had were mid to low content. they still had a good amount of dog it them. I did meet a guy at the dog park this weekend his was 92% wolf. He said it was the best indoor dog but most dogs it didn't get along with. Low and mid are good dogs, it obviously depends on the dog and the circumstances same with mals and huskies. Blame the deed not the breed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:19 pm

I would not describe ANY wolf hybrid "breeder" as a reputable breeder. Why? Because there is NO reason to breed a wolf hybrid except to be able to say they are wolf crosses. Look at the "How To Find a Reputable Breeder" thread. You're missing one of the KEY reasons that a breeder is reputable: "Breeds to work or show his or her dogs with the intent to better the breed behind EVERY litter." How is a wolf hybrid breeder doing that?

Truth is they aren't. Plain and simple. A wolf hybrid breeder is making money by appealing to the mass-hype of people wanting to "tame a wolf." The White Fang syndrome if you will. That is a romanticized piece of fiction, it is NOT reality.

If you truly want a wolf hybrid, look into a rescue. There are plenty (Brian posted one I believe). These are people trying to rehome hybrids that idiots purchased and realized they didn't have the skill to take care of.

My further $.02... I would NEVER get a hybrid with a family. SO MANY stories are out there about the dog being perfectly tame and docile until one day they snapped and severely injured someone. I just couldn't take that chance. There is ALWAYS that chance when you have a dog but your chances are increased DRASTICALLY with a hybrid because of instinct.

If you are serious about this, do your research please.

Wolf Husky Pups Hailey10
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Koda wrote:
I would not describe ANY wolf hybrid "breeder" as a reputable breeder. Why? Because there is NO reason to breed a wolf hybrid except to be able to say they are wolf crosses. Look at the "How To Find a Reputable Breeder" thread. You're missing one of the KEY reasons that a breeder is reputable: "Breeds to work or show his or her dogs with the intent to better the breed behind EVERY litter." How is a wolf hybrid breeder doing that?

Truth is they aren't. Plain and simple. A wolf hybrid breeder is making money by appealing to the mass-hype of people wanting to "tame a wolf." The White Fang syndrome if you will. That is a romanticized piece of fiction, it is NOT reality.

If you truly want a wolf hybrid, look into a rescue. There are plenty (Brian posted one I believe). These are people trying to rehome hybrids that idiots purchased and realized they didn't have the skill to take care of.

My further $.02... I would NEVER get a hybrid with a family. SO MANY stories are out there about the dog being perfectly tame and docile until one day they snapped and severely injured someone. I just couldn't take that chance. There is ALWAYS that chance when you have a dog but your chances are increased DRASTICALLY with a hybrid because of instinct.

If you are serious about this, do your research please.

Well said and stated.. A rescue would be that way to go if you really want a hybrid.
Back to top Go down
kclee
Teenager
Teenager
kclee

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Honestly the aspect of one being with a family is my biggest reason for being hesitant for getting anything wolf. My girlfriend loves Jas but sometimes she can even be intimidated by her...and she's a very mild husky! I don't have a family now but I would hope that in a few years I would. I will probably just get another husky when the time is right.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:30 pm

kclee wrote:
Honestly the aspect of one being with a family is my biggest reason for being hesitant for getting anything wolf. My girlfriend loves Jas but sometimes she can even be intimidated by her...and she's a very mild husky! I don't have a family now but I would hope that in a few years I would. I will probably just get another husky when the time is right.
I think that's wise. I would just never take the chance... and what are you taking a chance for? To say you have a dog that's "part wolf"? Why is that even necessary?

Think about your reasons for wanting a wolf hybrid... and then weigh that against the chances of that hybrid turning. It just seems silly when you look at it that way.

Wolf Husky Pups Hailey10
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:32 pm

There is breeders out there that are good, but the slim chances of actually finding a good pup. I love huskies but I like how laid back the malamutes are, they can be very active or enjoy staying with you. I have told in the past there are mixed dogs that look very wolf like that wolf rescues will have. I think it depends on what you want!

Last edited by norbreedslove on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Koda wrote:
kclee wrote:
I think that's wise. I would just never take the chance... and what are you taking a chance for? To say you have a dog that's "part wolf"? Why is that even necessary?

Think about your reasons for wanting a wolf hybrid... and then weigh that against the chances of that hybrid turning. It just seems silly when you look at it that way.

Actually most high content wolves would run from a human before attacking it. They are very timid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wolf Husky Pups Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf Husky Pups   Wolf Husky Pups Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolf Husky Pups

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next