It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

how the heck to apply frontline, etc??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gladahmae
Teenager
Teenager
gladahmae

Female Join date : 2012-02-13

how the heck to apply frontline, etc?? Empty
PostSubject: how the heck to apply frontline, etc??   how the heck to apply frontline, etc?? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 am

Yes, I know essential oils, etc are available as well, but we usually have a pretty healthy flea population outside, and Niko is being kenneled outdoors when we have to leave the house (unless it's raining) so he NEEDS to be on something. 2 person job? protective gloves? combs to seperate the ridiculous amount of hair???
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: how the heck to apply frontline, etc??   how the heck to apply frontline, etc?? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:22 am

I do not use front line but I am assuming it goes on like the rest.
Separate the hair at the neck so you see the skin then dab some on.
Do the same thing in the middle of the back and where the tail meets the back.
Do that till you have used it all up.
You do not need gloves just wash your hands with warm soapy water.
As long as your dog stands still you can do it your self.

Do not bathe the dog for 48 hours. After that if you do need to use a non soap shampoo. It will say it on the bottle.
Back to top Go down
Domingo
Teenager
Teenager
Domingo

PostSubject: Re: how the heck to apply frontline, etc??   how the heck to apply frontline, etc?? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:15 am

We normally make it a two person job. One controls the flea meds and the other uses a comb to find skin on the dog.

Off topic slightly, but be aware that the oils can make their fur stand up for the first couple hours, so, don't plan to take them out for a little while, or it'll look like you have a very aggressive/reactive dog.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: how the heck to apply frontline, etc??   how the heck to apply frontline, etc?? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7A1zt8Tuz8
Back to top Go down
gladahmae
Teenager
Teenager
gladahmae

Female Join date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: how the heck to apply frontline, etc??   how the heck to apply frontline, etc?? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:37 am

Domingo wrote:

Off topic slightly, but be aware that the oils can make their fur stand up for the first couple hours, so, don't plan to take them out for a little while, or it'll look like you have a very aggressive/reactive dog.

Yeah. Our lab always has a mohawk down his back after we apply his, and now he has a black stripe where he rolled in dirt and it stuck to the oils. Joy. His is difficult enough to apply, I can only imagine what it's going to be like to apply it to NIko.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: how the heck to apply frontline, etc??   how the heck to apply frontline, etc?? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Interesting to read this, I have never been told to apply frontline plus in more then one place. I just use the applicator tip to separate the hair, (on both lab and husky) and empty the vial in that spot, usually right between the shoulder blades. I have always done it myself, and have never had a problem. I just wash my hands with soap and water when I'm done.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: how the heck to apply frontline, etc??   how the heck to apply frontline, etc?? EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:58 pm

gladahmae wrote:
Domingo wrote:

Yeah. Our lab always has a mohawk down his back after we apply his, and now he has a black stripe where he rolled in dirt and it stuck to the oils. Joy. His is difficult enough to apply, I can only imagine what it's going to be like to apply it to NIko.

If you don't mind me asking, are you applying the oils directly onto the dog? They really should only be placed on the color and you only need a drop of each. It shouldn't get so oily that dirt can get caked.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
shirl51
Puppy
Puppy
shirl51

Female Join date : 2011-09-08

PostSubject: Re: how the heck to apply frontline, etc??   how the heck to apply frontline, etc?? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:44 am

I am glad I saw this posting and video. I have been doing it like June in one spot on the shoulders. Question, I put this on Bob as I saw a flea Saturday he went to therapy on Sunday swimming should I redo this now to give it time to work?? I did not realize 48 hours is needed and I do not want to overdose him. Has anyone heard of capstar is it good??

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how the heck to apply frontline, etc??   how the heck to apply frontline, etc?? Empty

Back to top Go down

how the heck to apply frontline, etc??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1