It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? Empty
PostSubject: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:56 am

My lab puppy Ruby took 3 days!! Balon took 3 1/2 weeks lol, stubborn much? How about yours?
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:12 am

The ones I crated it took about three hours to shut them up. Except Coco, she came crate trained already, and Limbaugh was too easy. Today Tambi is the only one crated. She will pee in the cat room overnight if she's loose.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:17 am

mine still cries lol
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:31 am

Snow talks in her crate when she hears me. Other than that I didn't really have too much noise out of her...
However Goober, my three year old beagle, took what seemed like months and If he isn't out of his crate by 6am he does NOT shut up, and it's been like that since he was 12 weeks old.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:45 am

Took about 5 days for mine, although he was already 2 years old when we adopted him and was first introduced to a crate.

Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:17 am

We adopted Brewer at ~2yrs of age and he only cried for a couple of days.

This past weekend we took care of a couple 9 week old rescues, and they insisted on crying for about a minute each time they went into the kennel.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Siku cried for 3 days at night when we first got her as a puppy. Elara was great and slept through the night as a puppy! For the most part they are good in the crate, but if I take them to agility and leave one in the crate to go train the other, Elara will whine and Siku will scream bloody murder. I have since stopped bringing them both to class! lol

Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:48 am

Balon cried for about 2 hours every single night for over 3 weeks, and even then I would get up take him out, and sometimes he would then cry for another hour, he is right next to my labs crate, I think she was probably wondering what the heck we got him for lol. She was easy by comparison, only 3 nghts for her lol.
Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

Female Join date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:30 am

3 nights for Sura. She's amazing in her crate now.
Back to top Go down
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:36 pm

We got Qannik at 8 weeks old, and our first week was HELL! He cried for about two hours the first night which we thought wasn't too bad so we assumed the next night would be better. Boy were we wrong. On night 2, he cried for 4 hours straight. On night three, he went 5 hours straight. Everyone kept telling us to not give in to the puppy and to try to stick it out. This was not an easy thing to do. Night four the crying was intermittent between potty breaks and lasted about 3 hours. Then each night after got a little better until finally we thought we were all happy and comfortable with our new sleeping arrangments. A few weeks later, all hell broke loose again and he started crying in his crate again. As he loves his crate and has no problems being in it during the day, we realized this wasn't really a crate issue. He just really wanted to be near us at bedtime. He's 18 weeks old now, and for the last three weeks has been sleeping on our bedroom floor without any issues. We are still a little sleep deprived, but only because our little guy insists on getting up every morning at 5:00am.
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Screaming bloody murder!    Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:11 am

He's still at it as we speak did not mean to post here btw meant to start a whole different thread.
Back to top Go down
akmyny
Newborn
Newborn
akmyny

Female Join date : 2012-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:52 am

We lucked out with both our lab and Scarlett... Charlie took about 4-5 nights - but man did he whine and whine .... for 30mins -1 hr every night. Scarlett was even easier.... 2 nights. She still whines if she hears me and my husband talking.
Back to top Go down
Melissa911
Puppy
Puppy
Melissa911

Female Join date : 2012-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 1:03 pm

We got really lucky! We got Kyra just shy of 8 weeks and from day one she has been amazing in her crate. Sometimes if we put her in it too early she will whimper for 1-2min but then is quiet until she sees us approach her to take her out. She also never cried to get out at night, she would stay quiet from day one for 10 hours in her crate during the night.....I feel like being this lucky with her crate and night sleeping something is going to backfire huge on us with her...lol
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 1:27 pm

Maya never cried in her crate, it took Sophie about 6 months to stop crying all night in it. Sophie will still cry sometimes when she wants attention and i want to sleep in. Kay has separation anxiety so she'll cry in it if i'm not there but if i am she's perfectly content in it.
Back to top Go down
Garebear
Teenager
Teenager
Garebear

Male Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Nikko was bad the first night, but has been great since. He still whines when I put him in during the day when I leave for work or school, but stops after 10 minutes or so and is great until he has to go to the bathroom, then he'll whine again.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Nikko would cry and whine when I put him in his crate for about the first month when I would leave the house. At night he only cried in the crate for the first night. That first night was awful! I had to sleep on the floor right next to the crate to keep him quiet. After that he would only whine when he had to go potty. After the first 2 weeks he would only whine when we left the house, which lasted for about a month of two.

Yukon was a little worse and took longer before he would stop whining, I’d guess it took about 2 months for him.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Karli cried for one night...the next night we moved the kennel to the kitchen and covered it with a blanket and she settled right down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?   Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate? Empty

Back to top Go down

Curious how long did it take your puppy to stop crying in the crate?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1