It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from south Louisiana!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KairiLA
Puppy
Puppy
KairiLA

Female Join date : 2012-05-09

Hello from south Louisiana! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:45 pm

We just got our first husky puppy in March and she is now a little over four months old and 23 pounds. My how time flies! My husband and I fell in love with the breed years ago but decided to wait until we bought a house to finally make the decision and get one. I have been searching through this website since December picking up on a lot of helpful information and training tips in an effort to prepare us for parenthood. Every day is a learning process and each day Kairi's personality comes out more and more. Sometimes it seems like I have a calm, sweet puppy when the sun is up and a crazy, hyper puppy when the sun goes down. We love her to death though and wouldn't trade her for anything especially now that the sleepless nights are mostly over and potty accidents are few and far between Smile . I finally decided to stop being a stalker and join the forum community. Thanks for all of the tips and advice so far! Hello from south Louisiana! 562588_423787484307795_119396294746917_95500486_1235668844_n
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Welcome! Kairi is very striking. We're in New Orleans every once in a while to visit my in laws, and we usually have the dogs with us. We should find a park between Luling and Baton Rouge and have a little meet up the next time we're out that way.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Hello from south Louisiana! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Aw! I just want to grab her furry cheeks and give her a kiss on the nose!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Welcome! Such a beautiful pup you've got!

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Welcome! Pretty girl! Smile
Back to top Go down
LusciousSuicide
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2012-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:19 am

Awe welcome sooo cute beautiful Smile
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:04 am

Welcome to the forum. She is very pretty!
Back to top Go down
KairiLA
Puppy
Puppy
KairiLA

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:20 am

Thanks! She is such a diva sometimes. She is very fluffy...she looks kind of "husky" with all that fur until she gets a bath and then we can see that she is really just average sized. It's so funny. Her dad is what I would call wooly and her mom had a medium length coat. We think she will be quite fluffy haha. Super cute now but probably won't be too happy about it when she starts blowing her coat.
Back to top Go down
djannitto
Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:03 am

What a beautiful girl you have! My husband and I have a puppy too. And he is 4.5 months old and weighs about the same. I can completely relate to all you've said. Everyday brings a new surprise.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:52 am

Welcome! She's very pretty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:04 am

Welcome! im gonna come steal her now that she is potty trained! love them reds!!!
glad you stopped stalking us and joined Smile

Puppy
Puppy
KairiLA

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Hello from south Louisiana! 431285_371946249491919_119396294746917_1387355_88607136_n

Hello from south Louisiana! 425121_371944359492108_119396294746917_1387330_841420709_n

Hello from south Louisiana! 430402_381963341823543_119396294746917_1418680_32813178_n

We love the reds too! Here are a few pics of her as a younger puppy that the breeders took. Originally we thought we wanted a black and white girl. Then we saw her and fell in love instantly. She was the only red and white with all black and white siblings. She is potty trained but we do tend to have a few issues with feet biting at times. That is still a work in progress but nothing really seems to work Sad
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:58 pm

She is so fluffy! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:16 pm

she is gorgeous!

Last edited by Balonsmom on Fri May 11, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Haha I love how fluffy.. Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:08 pm

I KNOW this is late, but... Kingdom Hearts fan??? Very Happy 9 weeks til DDD!! I tried to call Ro Kairi but my husband shot it down, along with all other Square-related names I listed.. I guess X-men is OK though Wink.

She's beautiful! Welcome! She looks like a bear! I love you
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:52 pm

she is beautiful..

welcome..

sorry I am late..

Got to love those reds..
Back to top Go down
KairiLA
Puppy
Puppy
KairiLA

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:01 pm

It is from kingdom hearts! Haha. We really liked the name too though it means ocean or something like that. We do love the kingdom hearts games and square games in general. I never even thought about x-men games. Maybe if/when we get another one. She is so fluffy and soft like a teddy bear. I hope she keeps her soft fur after she blows her coat for the first time...
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:20 pm

I'd say after about 10 months their fur usually becomes less soft and a little more rough, but still soft! Rogue was ridiculously soft and had fluffy fur (though she was not a wooly) and about 2 months ago she got less soft and fluffy. Sad
Koda was a little less fluffy than your puppy and now has shorter, more coarse fur too.

It means sea. We had a girl on here with a husky named Sora. I really wanted Rogue to be Rinoa, Aerith, or Rikku. My husband likes Final Fantasy, but doesn't like the idea of naming "odd names."

Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Awww she is gorgeous and so fluffy, I love the reds too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from south Louisiana!   Hello from south Louisiana! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from south Louisiana!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1