It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

SHAMPOO (before or after question)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

SHAMPOO (before or after question) Empty
PostSubject: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:41 pm

What shampoos do you guys use. I have been using the furminator shampoo and I like the smell. However to really get the effects of the furminator shampoo it calls for a bath at least every 2 weeks which to me is a bit much and I'll admit im way to lazy to keep that up. Also I went running w kiara and let her swim in the flowing creek by my house, big mistake. She smelled like death for like a week even after a bath... So I want something that's a good deodorizer.

Last edited by brady.law on Wed May 23, 2012 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:27 pm

We use Fresh'N'Clean oatmeal and baking soda shampoo just because I love the smell Razz
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:30 pm

It's got great reviews on amazon. I'll need to try it.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Brady, if you can keep Kiara from swimming and rolling in stuff you should only have to give her a bath every few months Wink Huskies are good about keeping themselves clean!

i have some oatmeal brand stuff. or i use the stuff at the self wash place.

Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Ya I don't bathe her much at all. The creek was a one time thing, she smelled so bad.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-24

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Earthbath Mango. Smells devine lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:58 pm

We use Mane'n Tail shampoo and conditioner http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mane-n-Tail-Shampoo-Body-32-fl-oz/10293243
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:29 pm

I ordered some of the Fresh N' Clean of Amazon earlier... blast you "Buy now w one click" button... ITS JUST SO EASY
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:50 pm

We use Tropiclean shampoos and they're amazing. I've even used it myself a few times Razz

Another good one is Therapet, sold only by dog.com - I get the melonball medori one and its the best shampoo I've ever smelled - for dogs or humans. And a little bit goes a long way.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Tomorrow kiara is getting taken to a self dog wash, do you guys try to brush and de shed your dogs before or after the bath?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:55 am

The groomer at work gave me some good tips... He said do a big brush, rake, and brush again before a bath. Give a nice bath and try to work out more hair with your fingers... And then rotate brushing and raking (on a dry dog, never a wet dog) until you're satisfied. This works the best for us.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:10 am

Hmm I'll try that. All I have is a furminator right now. They need a husky kit.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:52 am

Go pick up a rake and shed n blad, those are thee only 3 you need since you have the furminator.

Our self wash has some rubber nubby tool to use when your are shampooing that also haelp workout the hair, be ready to get soaked, don't wear anything u care about Smile they should have a high vol vac there use it as long as they let you, even when you think they are dry they are still wet!

Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:58 am

Lol I know. I'm going to take her to the dog park before so she can't put up a fight lol
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Luna was scared of the bath at first but we put her Kong in there with her and she loves it. We make our own shampoo with ground oatmeal, baking soda and water and it works great!!

SHAMPOO (before or after question) IMG_0501
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHAMPOO (before or after question)   SHAMPOO (before or after question) Empty

Back to top Go down

SHAMPOO (before or after question)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1