It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

July HOTM: Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

July HOTM: Chat Empty
PostSubject: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:47 am

Holy crap that picture of Faolan! That's some seriously great camera work there, Danielle!
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks but that one was taken by my fiance Razz
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Sorry, guess I wasn't allowed to post in the picture thread. I can admit I made a mistake.

Heather, Poor Koda!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 pm

You have clearance to post there no doubt. We're just trying to keep the picture part separate from the discussion since there is a 100 post minimum to participate in the picture part.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:03 pm

No problem! I wanted to make sure you knew I got the message lol
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:25 pm

I threw him in to get a picture of him swimming. First and last time.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Heather! wrote:
I threw him in to get a picture of him swimming. First and last time.

Delilah hates it too. Damn dog loves laying in puddles, hates swimming. lol
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:03 am

That's some tongue action on embry, I sense husky tongues are like a magic trick. They are sooooo long
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:57 am

lol i stressed him out from throwing him in Razz
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:41 am

I love finnicks (sp?) freckles between his eyes?
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:24 pm

That is one SNAZZY pic of RIpley! She looks like she is having a blast!
bounce Cool
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Thanks Tiff Smile.... shes doing SOOOO well...

She has her issues but she is just a big suck... She is tired / passed out alot... But she REALLY does seem to be enjoying herself. At least we hope anyways Smile

She is just a big suck, and just wants someone to love her.... How anyone couldn't do everything in their power to make this pup happy is beyond me.... She is truly that special.

~Chris~

ETA - as Kelly just pointed out to me.... She also knows we have food..... and will follow us anywhere because of it Razz
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:39 pm

Quote :
ETA - as Kelly just pointed out to me.... She also knows we have food..... and will follow us anywhere because of it

This sounds like Kerian.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Chris..have you decided if she will be staying with you guys yet?
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:59 pm

No not as of yet.

Kelly and I have agreed we will do what is best for Ripley in the end. That could be with us and that could not be.

She is a GREAT pup. there is nothing at all wrong with her someone with enough time can't fix. She is extremely responsive and respectful. She could find her home here with us.... But she could be better suited with a slower family and/or lifestyle.

We haven't figured it out yet to be perfectly honest. She is very caring, and very good with everyone and everything in this house, but we want to make sure this is HER place.

Kelly and I have decided we are giving Ripley AT LEAST 2 months of living here before we even talk to the rescue here. We want her to get fit, find her personality, and get trained before SHE lets us knows where she needs to be. That way we can be fair to the people adopting her if it comes to that.

Kelly and I have nothing but time, and we will work through all her quirks or issues with little to no complaint. We will give her the best possible life we can while she is under our roof. That could be furever, and that could be until we find that perfect house for her.

All we know is that we both agree that we will go out of our way to make sure this pup is loved and spoiled (in the good way) for the rest of her life.

~Chris~
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Good to hear. How is she hanging with the cats?
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:15 pm

No issues at all..

She chased Loki once thus far. Loki is my Sheriff..... He decides what is acceptable in the animal kingdom which is my house.

During one of their wrestling romps Loki decided it was ENOUGH and charged Tika and Ripley batting and swatting their hinds.....

Loki also understand Dog > Cat in terms of nature so as soon as they turned around to look at him he ran off as fast as he could.... Ripley chased.

No issues, I have their escape, Loki is fine. Ripley got redirected (too early for time outs with a rescue) and they went back to playing. The video I put in my thread was RIGHT after this incident. As you can see near the end Loki comes back up and isn't phased at all, and actually breaks the play up.

The other two cats prefer avoidance and have caused no issues at all....

My diabetic, who is knocking on deaths door, just walks by her like no one is there. Gizmo could care less what another animal is doing and just wants to be fed and pet. Gwen has been hiding downstairs but that's normal.

All in all good. Smile

July HOTM: Chat Loki10

Loki "sunning" beside our lily of the valley?

~Chris~
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:39 pm

I changed my entry for Kerian she loves the water playing in the garden hose.
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Thanks Brady lol I love his little freckles! Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:03 am

Heeey Ive got a question, are husky mixes allowed to enter?
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:09 am

There has been non huskies submitted Smile
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:12 am

MetalMama wrote:
Heeey Ive got a question, are husky mixes allowed to enter?

If Eddy has entered Limbaugh, you can enter any dog in your pack Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

July HOTM: Chat 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:14 am

brady.law wrote:
There has been non huskies submitted Smile
ahh awsome then, Ive got some hilarious pics of roxy to upload off my camera Smile
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 1:08 am

I'm going to be putting up a picture of Rogue by the end of the month hopefully.. I have an awesome idea once I get back home to my mom's for vacation!
Back to top Go down
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Melissa where do you guys go boating at?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July HOTM: Chat   July HOTM: Chat Empty

Back to top Go down

July HOTM: Chat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next