It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Why do you love huskies so much?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

Why do you love huskies so much? Empty
PostSubject: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 2:25 am

Yesterday I asked a question about how huskies annoy you. Well even though most huskies annoy us with their weird antics we still love them to death and consider them part of the pack and do anything for them, so why do you think is that not just huskies but dogs in general are so lovable
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:04 am

The wag of the Tail.

The look in their eyes.

That little hint that lets you know they KNOW exactly what they are doing at all times....

The way they know they've been BAD, yet still seem to smile at you while you try and be angry at them.

PERSONALITY!!!!

My dogs are good dogs, but they are so mischievous, rumbustious, and playful that they just tend to do something new or different all the time..... and the look of supreme joy I get when they are in their own element (Exploring, killing a chew toy, playing, cuddling, swimming ) well that just does it for me.

The outright goofy stuff they do is good enough for me..... there is nothing like watching them play together and smiling when they do something beyond stupid.

If I could I would wish this level of fun, excitement, and love on everyone.... Cause if you don't have a Husky..... You my friend are missing out Razz.....

But that is just my point of view.
~Chris~

Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:49 am

Freya is more than a dog to me. She's my daughter. People cant get over how much I treat her like one of my kids.

She's hallarious, she's goofy, she's mischevious.

She just recently learned how to jump onto the beds. I caught her laying on my bed with her head on the pillows. She raised her head, wagged her tail nad looked at me as if to say 'I'm in trouble arent I?' How can I not love that.

I bought her a new squeeker toy. (I spent $20 on it which my sister who wa with me couldnt get over spending that much on a dogh toy that's going to be chewed on). When I gave it to her, she rolled around on the floor with it, she ran through the house carting it around. She squeeked it for ages. It makes my heart melt to think she can be so happy with a toy. I jusy absolutelly adore her.

She's my everything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:43 am

TThey love unconditional.

They make me smile everyday..

Mine are so much fun and to watch at play with each other..

Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:12 pm

-I love that they are always up and on the move, you're never bored.
-The fact that they miss you (my boyfriend just went back to California and she misses him so much, it's so sweet).
-They always seem happy and have their mischievous smile.

There's really so many things I love, but mostly it's the fact that there's never a dull moment. They need to be mentally stimulated and socialized with the world and it has taken us to places we've never been or experienced. We never stop exploring and learning, it's great!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:40 pm

I have loved dogs since I was very small. I always wanted one growing up but our Mother would not let us have one. I used to read all the dog training books in the library, and all the books about different dog breeds. We had a liver colored dalmation that lived next door and was always outside. Everyone was afraid of him his name was Pepe and I would jump the fence and play ball with all day long. I gave him water, and sometimes food. I was small then and didn't realize,but I know now that he was abused. I would even put my stuffed dogs on leashes and walk them around much to my older sisters dismay lol.

As soon as I got married I got my first dog, a husky mix named Magic, we only had her about 3 years she came down with cancer and we had to put her down at a very young age. But it didn't stop me lol. I got a couple more rescues, then a purebred shih tzu named Ranger, then 2 retired racing greyhounds who I had for over 10 years, losing one to kidney failure and a year later my heart girl Nellie to cancer. Waited a bit then got our lab Ruby and finally Balon.

They just make me feel whole, I can't describe it. If its been a bad day, they don't care they just come make me happy! I am not happy without dogs in my life! I just love them!!!
Back to top Go down
Juno's Dad
Puppy
Puppy
Juno's Dad

Female Join date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:44 pm

The way they love life. They don't see anything good by just laying around relaxing. They want to play, go for walks, head for the dog park, or just go for a ride in the car. The look in their eyes when they have done something wrong, or the running to the couch to lay down when she is picking on our yellow lab like "I'm just laying here". And their confidence in themselves when they think they are smarter than you. Well, I guess she really is.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Because they WANT your companionship and your love, they may not be able to speak, but in their own way they speak volumes, once you form a bond with one, that bond will never break and will only get stronger with time, they can do some of the funniest things without even realizing it, theres just so much you can say here but for each person its different, mine are my kids, I have 6 kids and one on the way and Axel and Roxy and Isis are loved just as much as my human kids are and I would go to the same extents for them as I would my kids.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 2:59 pm

No matter what they go through in the end they just keep loving. My dogs are my children, they're my rock my center and what keeps me motivated and happy to wake up to the next morning. I love them unconditionally and they love me too. They never betray us or even try to. They talk back and give me attitude (which I cant help but laugh then) but what puppy/child doesn't?
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Lol i must admit i hate waking up early i looked forward to this vacation because i was going to catch up on sleep now i have saya and i wake up in the morning an do not complain at all i do it with pleasure quite honestly.this smart girl knows when she is in trouble and throws herself to the floor and looks at me with hers "what did i do wrong...but im sorry." who doesnt love that
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Because I'm a masochist.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:16 am

Here4thePics wrote:
Because I'm a masochist.

Aren't we all?

I love coming home to destroyed rugs that I just purchased last week. The joys of owning huskies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:54 am

mheath0429 wrote:
Here4thePics wrote:
Because I'm a masochist.

Aren't we all?

I love coming home to destroyed rugs that I just purchased last week. The joys of owning huskies.

LOL Isis chewed through the harness I had bought her the SAME day I had bought it.
Back to top Go down
Diego&Roscoe
Newborn
Newborn
Diego&Roscoe

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:10 am

If I had to pinpoint it to just ONE thing, it's the fact that both my boys, whether I'm gone for two hours or two minutes... when I walk through the door they both come running at me like I've been gone for ten years and they haven't seen me since. that, to me, is PRICELESS <3 they don't care what i look like, if i'm wearing makeup or not, or what clothes I've got on. they just want to be around ME all the time. they're my babies. this sounds awful and i LOVE kids but I don't think I ever want children because I can't divide my attention! lol
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:18 am

@ Luca I know what you mean Saya can't stand being in the room by herself yesterday we had to go out and it was the first time we left her alone in over 1 month. My sister and I tired her out that way she can be asleep while we were gone well our plan worked and we left her sleeping she did not notice when we left. So my sister and I left the apartment first my mother left after us and she walked saya up and saya was barking and crying because she wanted to leave with us. My mother came to the car and told us how saya was upstairs crying I seriously wanted to forget about going out with my family and to go back home and stay with her
Back to top Go down
Diego&Roscoe
Newborn
Newborn
Diego&Roscoe

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:22 am

LOL i know what you mean. Diego cries nonstop he chases me to the door and the last thing i see EVERY TIME I LEAVE is his sad eyes staring at me while he tries to paw at me/the door as i close it. SO SAD! our rott roscoe sleeps on our bed from depression when we're gone. they crush my heart everytime i leave. luckily i can work from home most days, it is AWESOME Smile
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:23 am

I envy you thankfully though there is always somebody at my house most of the time. And when I go to college it will only be 2 days. So unless I get a job I will spend alot of time with the love of my life
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:53 am

Well I have to say that unlike most on here I am not a typical "dog person." Growing up we always had at least one dog, but I was never into them. I am very much a "cat person." I love my two cats dearly.

But my husky. . . Well that is a different story. But she isn't like any other dog I have ever met. She is so much smarter and wants to be part of the family so much more than any other dog I have ever been around. I tell people all the time that she thinks she is human and we don't tell her any different. I think that is why she has made me a "husky person."
Back to top Go down
Juturna67
Puppy
Puppy
Juturna67

Female Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:33 am

Her eyes.
The way she immediately wakes up and starts wagging her tail when I get home.
Despite having her for only a month she is extremely loyal to me. She follows me around the yard and house. If I sit, she lays down next to me and sleeps. If I get up to get a water bottle she wakes up and follows me.
Even at the dog park it takes her around 15 minutes to stop following me and go play.
Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

Female Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:24 pm

I love Luna's independence. She has a mind of her own and she is not afraid to show it! I have learned to be more firm and consistant in order to be able to show her I mean what I say, and it has made me a stronger person. I love that she cares about me. Once I was upset and crying in my room, and Luna freaked out and brought me all her toys one by one, and made a huge pile of them right next to me. She had never done anything like that to me before, but I was so grateful and appreciative that she cared so much. I also love her company; I never feel alone or bored when I'm just sitting around at home with nothing to do, because there's ALWAYS something to do with a husky! Smile
Back to top Go down
Robinhuskylover2231
Teenager
Teenager
Robinhuskylover2231

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:21 pm

I've always loved the look of huskies and then I started dating my boyfriend and his brother had a husky, Alpine. She was energetic, kept me going, loved cuddling, I helped train her, she would always run to me at the door and slobber me in kisses. She had an amazing personality, even when she was being bad. You couldn't help loving her. Then at one and a half years old, we had to put her down. It was one of the saddest days I have ever experienced. My boyfriend and I couldn't live without a dog in the house and we started looking into buying another. We looked into so many different breeds but in the end we got our second siberian, Cally. I love everything about her. The way she greets me at the door and howls and kisses me. The way she makes me smile, how she loves the water. I seriously could go on for days about why I love this breed.
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:12 pm

So sad to hear about the fact that you put her down? How old was she? And yeah I get what you mean trust me I get annoyed with Saya but I jut love her to much yesterday I went out at around 11 and my mother told me That Saya stayed standing in front of the door until 2 am waiting for me to return
Back to top Go down
Robinhuskylover2231
Teenager
Teenager
Robinhuskylover2231

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:29 pm

She was almost two years old (1 yr and 10 months to be exact) and she started having signs of epilepsy and we began giving her the medication but it progressed very quickly and she had 4 seizures within 24 hours. The vet gave her a 50/50 chance to live through the night and if she did, the medication would have slowly killed her so we decided it was for the best if she would be suffering. And awh, Cally is always there to greet me with lots of love even if I've only been gone 5 minutes!
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Sorry to hear that Sad She was super young. Yeah so is Saya it breaks my heart when I have to leave to work or anywhere and leave her behind as I close the door she starts scratching it. She hopes that I hear her pleas and return to take her with me
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:09 am

What's not to love? Their constantly smiling faces, wagging tails, mischievous glint in their eyes when they know they're doing something they shouldn't. I've had dogs almost my whole life, only a couple years here and there that I've gone without. Now that I have these two lovable monsters, I can't imagine our life without them. They constantly challenge us and keep us guessing what's next. I've definitely been turned into a husky person. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you love huskies so much?   Why do you love huskies so much? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do you love huskies so much?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next