It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed Empty
PostSubject: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 pm

RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed Dsc0925e
RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed Dsc0926r
RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed Dsc0935tr
RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed Dsc0938tb
It is with a heavy, pained, saddened heart that I come here this morning, Last night Isis wanted to clean the puppies, I thought GREAT she is coming around, but when she got to Shade, the firstborn that my sister was keeping, she attacked her, she grabbed her by the head, shook her and threw her. Shade was bleeding from the nose, ears, and mouth and throwing up and convulsing, we rushed her to the ER but there was nothing we could, or they could, do for her, half of her face and skull was crushed in and her spine was broken, she was paralyzed completely, and despite everything my poor lil girl was still breathing, trying her best to hold on, she was the stubborn, fighter always of the bunch and she went out fighting too. We had to put her down last night at 3am. She was so small but she made such a big impact on us all here, she had such a bright, unique personality that would shine through. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:18 pm

So sorry =-( I take it Isis is now being separated from her puppies..
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:21 pm

the thing is they were already being seperated, but she was so intent last night on seeing them, i wanted to give her a chance and she was doing so well with the others Sad
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Wow I am so sorry to hear this.. I was thinking of you guys today and wondering how things were going with Isis and puppies.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:48 pm

As much as i'm sure this is very hard for you guys to have to deal with... Sometimes mothers will purposely do this (or stop feeding) if they feel there is something "wrong" with the puppy(s.) If anything can make you feel a bit better- Perhaps her "sensing" that something was not right can make it easier to accept that the puppy is no longer with you.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:49 pm

:'( this saddens me so.
RIP Shade.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:53 pm

arooroomom wrote:
As much as i'm sure this is very hard for you guys to have to deal with... Sometimes mothers will purposely do this (or stop feeding) if they feel there is something "wrong" with the puppy(s.) If anything can make you feel a bit better- Perhaps her "sensing" that something was not right can make it easier to accept that the puppy is no longer with you.
yea, I know, regardless is, painful, I bottle fed them since pretty much they were born, and Shade was just so full of her own personality, she was a bit clumsy, loved to pick on the others n play, would go to you and growl n cry till you picked her up, her favorite spot was on our pillows Sad
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:16 pm

wow ... I'm so sorry to hear about this!
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Sad So sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with you guys.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Shocked Sad I'm so sorry Christina Sad
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm sorry to hear what happened Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:57 pm

so so sorry.....
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:09 am

Oh, I'm so sorry Christina! Sad I can feel how heartbroken you are - Shade was so adorable.
Back to top Go down
ToccoasMom
Puppy
Puppy
ToccoasMom

Female Join date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:29 am

I'm so sorry.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:42 am

Thank you all, I really appreciate it, its been so hard all day, I keep finding her little toys and then its like a sharp little stab in my heart when I remember shes gone Sad I know she hasnt been here very long but I love all animals and these pups I have gone through alot with even before they were born I was fighting for them. My sister is heartbroken too, but I had a special place for all the puppies and not just because of Isis's history, they all have their own personalities and Shade used to follow me around everywhere like I was mama :/ I brought her home with me from the vet and I buried her in the little spot where I always took her out to play, I want to buy a little rose bush tomorrow and plant it there for her Sad
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:44 am

I'm so sorry!!! Very sad, hang in there for Isis and the remaining pups.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:29 am

Christina hang there.. I love you

How old are the pups now??
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Oh my. I´m sorry. As mentioned above maybe it happened for a reason.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Linda, on the 6th they will be one month old.

Dennis, I do understand that reasoning, its just for me, even if there was something wrong with her to make Isis do that, I would have gladly done whatever was needed to help Shade, Ive never dealt with a disabled pet, but I wouldnt ever say no because of it either ya kniow? :/
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:09 pm

I know I would do the same and I would blame myself forever, but we cannot prevent everything.
But even if Shade was not healthy the whole thing is strange because I never heard of animals killing their kids in such a way.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:44 pm

I know, I dont understand it, it was just so weird, she was fine then just, snapped out of the blue and afterwards went on about things like nothing happened. I'm going to call her vet in the AM tomorrow and see if she is ok in the head if that makes sense, Ive seen dogs snap like that before and it was always due to something neurological Sad
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:59 pm

Christina, I am so sorry to hear that..
I've heard about dams accidentally crush their pup but I've never heard about any doing it intentionally.
Maybe Isis is just not used to being a mum yet.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about this Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed   RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Shade, you will always be loved and missed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1