It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... Empty
PostSubject: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:32 pm

http://arcticdesignpomskies.webs.com/ This kinda caught me by surprise, Guarantee the Pom is the Sire and the Husky is the Dam.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Wow, that is just wrong in my opinion. That is all I am going to say. If I went on, I would just get more annoyed than I already and tonight and I wanted a laid back easy nite.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... 85993
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Jennet said it best with her emoticon^^^ Nothing else needs to be said Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... 1625187496
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Wow. Sounds like two friends made up a club to breed poms to huskies and now they are the so called experts on it and want everything to be done "responsibly." Funny how they already seem to know what size the adults are going to be and all these personality traits about them too and their first and only litter so far is only 6 months old. Notice how there are no pictures of adult "pomskies." These ladies need to have their heads checked. And sadly I'm sure they are going to make a good profit off of other people's stupidity too looking at how much they charge.

Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Quote :
Our puppies are priced between $1,800-$2,800. We do require a $500 deposit in order to reserve a puppy

for a X-breed!?

WTF!? Has the whole world gone insane or did I miss the memo?

~Chris~

Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:44 pm

You can thank Pinterest for this one. It all started with two pictures, a picture of Husky puppy and one of Alaskan Klee Kai puppy mislabeled as a "Pomskies." I knew it wouldn't be long before somebody actually tried it.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Those photos were all over FB too and the girl's website even says that's what made them think to do it!

Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:51 pm

This is just wrong! What a way to ruin a breed.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:59 pm

What I find to be funny is that most of the pictures they have posted on their website aren't even their dog's. They are just examples of what they could possily produce.
Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:00 am

This is soooo wrong.. I am not gonna go in to details as i'm already way too pissed. I'll understand a hybrid of wolf and huskies but a pomeranian?? What's next? A kangaroo X husky?????
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:02 am

I think a Pom is perhaps one of the best looking of all the small dogs and, of course, you know I love the Sibes....

...but these mixes are not really even very cute...
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:05 am

https://www.facebook.com/ApexPomskies

I'm sitting here reading all the post's people are writing to this "breeder" about wanting these dogs. Crazy how people can pay $1800-2800 for a mutt, but won't go to the shelter and pay $75-$150 to save one that's on death's row.
Back to top Go down
KareBear
Teenager
Teenager
KareBear

Female Join date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:35 am

Tika wrote:
Quote :
Our puppies are priced between $1,800-$2,800. We do require a $500 deposit in order to reserve a puppy

for a X-breed!?

WTF!? Has the whole world gone insane or did I miss the memo?

Kind of my thoughts exactly. Aevyn didn't even cost that much in his first year, and that included all his shots/neuter/training/food/toys. Yeeesh.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:40 am

Titus&Lycan wrote:
This is soooo wrong.. I am not gonna go in to details as i'm already way too pissed. I'll understand a hybrid of wolf and huskies but a pomeranian?? What's next? A kangaroo X husky?????

I don't get wolf x husky mixes. I think it's pretty dangerous and not regulated well enough, but that's just in my area.

Thank God they can't breed huskies and kangaroos - we would be in trouble.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:17 am

Red Merel is rare? How can they even know that if this is only a first generation? Red huskies are not all that rare and red poms are the norm so how can you say a red puppy is rare therefore priced higher?
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:23 am

Wow! These people just......wow.....I don't know I'm just speechless on this one.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:00 pm

"Every puppy we sell is backed up by our 2 year health guarantee. If there is anything genetically wrong with your puppy we will replace it."

"Replace it"? !?! On the first page of the site, you're all about spoiling and loving the animals as family members, but now you're talking about replacing and refering the "Pomski" to an "it" now. Ugh! Evil or Very Mad

"Your puppy will also be spayed or neutered at 8 weeks of age prior to going home and every puppy will be up to date on vaccinations."

A healthy spay or neuter is done at 6 months, if I'm not mistaken. At least they're recommended at that age by vets and etc.

These people should be taken down. >:l I'm disgusted.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm not against early spay/neuter. There's a lot of people on both sides of that issue. I worry about stuff they can't see. Like the puppies organs being too big or too little for their size. To me it is dangerous to breed dogs that vary so much in size. One lady I know has a chihuahua/rhodesian ridgeback mix (at least that's what they think it is). It is the size of a chihuahua and has a ridgeback. It is also riddled with a ton of genetic problems. I laughed when I read their part about adult size. Add the sire's and dam's weight and divide by two. "Makes sense right?!" OMG, that is NOT how genetics work!

Back to top Go down
Joe S
Newborn
Newborn
Joe S

Male Join date : 2012-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:22 pm

VintageJeans wrote:
"Every puppy we sell is backed up by our 2 year health guarantee. If there is anything genetically wrong with your puppy we will replace it."

"Replace it"? !?! On the first page of the site, you're all about spoiling and loving the animals as family members, but now you're talking about replacing and refering the "Pomski" to an "it" now. Ugh! Evil or Very Mad

"Your puppy will also be spayed or neutered at 8 weeks of age prior to going home and every puppy will be up to date on vaccinations."

A healthy spay or neuter is done at 6 months, if I'm not mistaken. At least they're recommended at that age by vets and etc.

These people should be taken down. >:l I'm disgusted.
This is what I was going to say.
silent Poor pups
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm just about ready to post a rant on their facebook page and give them a piece of my mind -___-
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 pm

They will most likely delete it and then ban you from their page. At least that's what happens to me when I go ranting on breeder's pages! lol. I try to contact all the people who seem interested in a puppy and educate them, though sometimes that's hopeless too.

Back to top Go down
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Oh boy! The rage on this thread is crazy Shocked If fools want to buy over priced mutts so be it.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Hayden_69 wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/ApexPomskies

I'm sitting here reading all the post's people are writing to this "breeder" about wanting these dogs. Crazy how people can pay $1800-2800 for a mutt, but won't go to the shelter and pay $75-$150 to save one that's on death's row.

I totally agree with you. I've already decided that if I get a third dog, maybe in a couple years once we're past Yuki's puppy stage XD, that I'm going to rescue. I hate seeing all these poor pups in horrible conditions, yet people can shell out all this money for these dogs that they refer to as 'accessories.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....   Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok so now they are breeding Poms and Siberean Huskies....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next