It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How do introduce them...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VanaBerry1002
Newborn
Newborn
VanaBerry1002

Female Join date : 2012-04-10

How do introduce them... Empty
PostSubject: How do introduce them...   How do introduce them... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I've posted in here, and oh how I've missed you guys! It seems a have a new husky dilemma that I could use some help with.
Tomorrow my husband, 11 week old son, 1.5 yo husky Rex and myself are moving into a new home. (yaay) has much more room, huge yard with a 6' privacy fence. It's all very exciting. Also tomorrow an addition to our family will be joining us, our new 10 month old husky Gizmo. Rex is fixed, Gizmo is not. We have an apt to get it done on the October 5th. Now my question is, how do I go about introducing them, considering its new territory to both of them, and with Gizmo being intact for now. I don't want Rex to feel threatened by the new environment and new dog, I know it will be alot for him to handle. How do I make this go as smoothly as possible? Part of me feels like since it's a new place it's like a clean slate for both and the can determine boundaries amongst themselves, but I'm not sure how it works. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: How do introduce them...   How do introduce them... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm no expert at all but how about letting them meet at a dog park or something? They might get a long there and Rex might not see him as a threat, so when you let them meet in the new place, he won't feel threatened by Gizmo. Once again, I'm no expert lol, just maybe a possibility to try.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: How do introduce them...   How do introduce them... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:26 pm

I have had several new dogs come into my home and what I ALWAYS do for their FIRST meeting is go for a walk with them all THEN bring the new one into the home Smile
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: How do introduce them...   How do introduce them... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:58 pm

The above 2 comments pretty much nailed all you need to know.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: How do introduce them...   How do introduce them... EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:01 pm

It may actually work out better since the territory is not yet claimed. I would keep an eye on Gizmo though because he is still intact he may be territorial. Having them meet at a park is a good Idea and then taking them both home together.
Back to top Go down
VanaBerry1002
Newborn
Newborn
VanaBerry1002

Female Join date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: How do introduce them...   How do introduce them... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Thanks guys for your responses, we kept it simple and let them meet on a walk. They were hesitant of eachother at first but have since become very good friends. They play together and are inseparable which is great now that Rex has a playmate. There was a little humping going on but Rex put a stop to that really quick. And it's true about the neutral territory thing, I felt the same way and they seem to be working it out fine. Thanks again Smile
[img]How do introduce them... 67F7A546-7BF4-49F3-9707-FF63035F0317-91217-0000305AF6F77575_zps0dd98699[/img]
Back to top Go down
xxchristine
Puppy
Puppy
xxchristine

Female Join date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: How do introduce them...   How do introduce them... EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Glad to see they're getting along so well! And congrats on the new addition Smile hope you stick around this time! haha
Back to top Go down
http://xxchristine.tumblr.com
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: How do introduce them...   How do introduce them... EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:42 am

Awe how cute! :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do introduce them...   How do introduce them... Empty

Back to top Go down

How do introduce them...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1