It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:33 am

We're in! I just about forgot to sign up lol

Do - Ava loves interactive/puzzle toys (especially her hide-a-squirrel type toys) and toys that grunt or make weird sounds. She really likes toys with lots of stuffing too! She loves tracheas, bullysticks, lung puffs, hoofs (hooves..?), etc. Snickers, on the other hand, doesn't like any toys at all - except for toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls. He'll eat absolutely anything though (including the toilet paper roll, after he's played with it...).

Don't - Neither dog will touch nylabones and we only do natural treats (no rawhides/cooked bones or things from China/Walmart lol). Ava will refuse anything with lamb in it. Both dogs get sick if they eat rolled treats (like the Natural Balance type) and they have no interest in balls whatsoever.

I didn't quite realize how picky Ava can be until making a list just now Rolling Eyes Fluffy little drama queen...
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 am

Just a suggestion, be sure to send Jenn your confirmation in a PM instead of just assuming your in by posting on the board to prevent any disappointment.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Siku & Elara: Any toys. Elara loves to kill squeakers! Natural treats and I try to avoid any foods/treats from China. Smile

2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm not there either..lol. PMing you my address as well Smile
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:48 am

So I hope Jenn got my PM Very Happy.

Anubis loves natural treats, rawhides etc.
The only toys he is really interested in are ones where you can put treats in and he can get them out.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:31 pm

ok i got 33 people now, today is the last day to join!!!
adding to the list i posted fri.

Tori Romeo
Koda & Hailey

Myndi Brunty
Ava and Snickers

Melissa & Ivan Iturruralde
Mya, Kody & Asia

Yaquelin Perez
Nanuq and Laika

Kota Bear and Skyler

Ok if you dont see your name on either list send me a PM with your address and info. Also if you forgot you signed up for this and dont think you can do it please let me know, i dont want anyone waiting around for a gift and they never get one, its not fair to get a gift and not do your part and send on. I dont want anyone left out! if you need help with ideas for your SS just send me a PM and i can help you out. Thanks!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:59 pm

One more bump bounce

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:05 am

Jenn, what is your opinion pairing people up with someone with multiple dogs vs someone with only one?
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:08 am

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Jenn, what is your opinion pairing people up with someone with multiple dogs vs someone with only one?

I think if anyone does not feel comfortable buying for multiples, they should just let her know. I definitely think some people could feel a little irky if they have one dog and have to buy for 2 or 3, but I know when I had Amy two years ago and bought for her 3 I went just a crazy, haha. If you paired people by the # of dogs they have, it'd be easier to figure out who you have.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 am

Jennet,
This needs to be easy, all names in a hat and that's that, $15 min for gifts. Buying treats vs. Toys is an easy thing to do for many dogs. To many rules takes the fun out of who gets who. All I care about is that everyone gets a gift in the mail and no one gets left out Smile

Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:49 am

Did you get my PM Jenn?
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:11 am

I guess I should have sent you our names, rather than just the pups names. Lol

Sarah & Matthew Conley
Kota Bear & Skyler

Is there like a maximum? I have a bad bad habit of going a little over board with these type of things. Lol Also, is there anyway that when you send out who gets who you can also send out what they like/dislike? Just afriad of getting someone that hasn't posted on here what they're babies like, since I know how crazy picky my two are...?
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:15 am

Everyone who is participating should have made a post with what their dogs do like and what they don't want them to have in this thread.

I spent over $60 the year I did it and that was at a wholesale warehouse, but I also had 3 dogs. No one is going to yell at you for doing too much, others will just be jealous they weren't your receiver Wink
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:50 am

Ah okay. Well disregard that last post then. Smile

I guess I know what you mean. I have a terrible habit of going over board. My hubby gets so annoyed at the fact that everytime I go to get the girls someone small, I come home with bags, and a rather large bill. I don't care though, we don't have kids so I spoil the dogs.

Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Or you could write people's names down in a random (<very important) order and then just say "okay, you're buying for the (3rd or 5th) person under you. When you get to the end, just loop back up to the top.

Just a thought Smile

Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:15 pm

She just writes the names down on paper and pulls out pairs randomly.
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:24 pm

KotaBear wrote:
Ah okay. Well disregard that last post then. Smile

I guess I know what you mean. I have a terrible habit of going over board. My hubby gets so annoyed at the fact that everytime I go to get the girls someone small, I come home with bags, and a rather large bill. I don't care though, we don't have kids so I spoil the dogs.

Jenn's first post has a $15 suggestion not including shipping, so keep in mind the size of what you buy too, I know for us we most likely will end up shipping to the states so I am not going to go overboard given it will cost me more to ship it.
Something to keep in mind anyways.
Back to top Go down
amcooke
Newborn
Newborn
amcooke

Female Join date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm

I know it's the 13th now, but by any chance may I still join? We were busy moving into the new house and I just unpacked my computer today.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Ok the names have been picked, im gonna try to get them all emailed to you today or tomorrow, it took longer then i thought it would this morning!

can i ask everyone to please go into your profile and up date it with your name and your pups name, it will make it so much easier for everyone searching for their person. going over these pages i missed a few just cause you have NO info in your profile. not everyone knows everyone's screen names and i will not be giving them out, i will only send you the persons mailing info. its up to you to see what their pup likes. So if you want to be found please up date your profile info
Thanks!

Edit: ok everyone should have an email with the name of who they are shopping for Smile remember no telling till reveal day! Dec. 26th we will start a new thread for that Smile

Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

Female Join date : 2012-10-26

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Nanuq is a puppy and not yet with me, so I have no idea what he likes! I know this makes it super hard!! But I'm sure he would love toys and treats! I can update this on Friday when Nanuq comes home!

Whomever is getting a gift, it's only one puppy now! I would be rescuing another puppy but it didn't work out.. Sad

So just one puppy, his name is Nanuq and he's coming home today!!

Last edited by Yaqui and the Sibe on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:16 pm

My SS is going to be very, very happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:25 pm

Heather! wrote:
its a good thing im honest cause i wanted to make me your SS!

Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Woo hoo thus will be fun!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:31 pm

jbealer wrote:
Heather! wrote:
its a good thing im honest cause i wanted to make me your SS!

LOL I can't blame you! I would have cheated! But hey you still get some gifts from me and got a nice bday present from Mere and I!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Very happy with my person/pups Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!    2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 Secret Santa- let the fun begin!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next