It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

Female Join date : 2012-07-12

When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? Empty
PostSubject: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 pm

My husband and I grew up with cats and definitely want one or two to be a part of our family one day, but now that we have Ezio we can't just pick one up at the shelter like we originally planned. His exposure to cats has been minimal. Where we got him, they didn't have cats. He's seen a few cats outside and he goes into "Let me go I wanna chase/play" mode, very similar to when he sees a person nearby, his tail is wagging and he pulls (still working on that). We've taken him to Petco quite a few times and we look at the cats there. He's always good, no barking or whining. He just sniffs the cages.

I've done some research since we got Ezio about what breed of cat could be a good fit and the best I could find were bengals. They're energetic, playful, some people even say they're "dog-like". My hope would be a bengal would not only get along with/tolerate Ezio, but give him a good smack if he gets too irritating. Ezio needs a playmate like that -- he still tackles little dogs at the park as much as we correct him (and for whatever reason these small-dog owners go, "Oh, don't worry about it, my dog's just being a sissy!"). When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? 1625187496 But when is the best time for this step? Now while he's still young or later on (2 years old) when he would possibly calm down? And how do you introduce a husky to a kitten? I know every dog is different and it all depends, but I don't want to jump into this too soon without some input or stories about how you guys have dealt with this.

Ezio is OK with Gimli (our bunny), not GREAT, which is why I don't let them out together anymore. I think with Gimli the "chase" drive is too strong. Ezio's drive is to chase and poor Gimli's drive is to run. They're fine together as long as Gimli is on higher ground than Ezio (like the bed or couch), but once he jumps on the floor (which for some reason he STILL does unless I don't let him) all bets are off. I'm not sure if this is really necessary information because a cat is totally different from a bunny, but that's the update there. Not much progress -- and I'm pretty much halting whatever I was trying to do for now. I'd rather poor Gimli be stuck in his cage a bit more than get super stressed out outside of it.

How are your huskies with cats? How old was your husky when you got your cats? Any info would be helpful. We're really hurting for a kitten.
Back to top Go down
Gunnersmatejmac
Teenager
Teenager
Gunnersmatejmac

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:12 pm

We have a tabby and a tortie before we got Loki and they seem to get along good.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:16 pm

You're not going to like my answer, but personally, I think your window of opportunity with Ezio is gone. I would never introduce a cat to a husky unless the husky had grown up with cats or the husky were a puppy (like, 8 weeks old). Anything over 3-4 months old is really too late.

We'd love cats too, but I will never get a cat in this house... not until these two are gone and we have a cat-savvy husky or are getting a puppy.

Sorry I'm not more helpful, but that's my honest opinion. You're already describing signs that Ezio is past socialization age.

When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? Hailey10
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Koda wrote:
Sorry I'm not more helpful, but that's my honest opinion. You're already describing signs that Ezio is past socialization age.

Don't be sorry. What signs, exactly, though? What I said about him and the bunny? We wouldn't get a cat if we felt Ezio was at risk for hurting/killing it. He hasn't killed anything except flies in the house and hasn't even exhibited aggressive behavior with other people, dogs, birds, cats, even the bunny. He just plays rough, which I know could be disastrous with a tiny kitten, but that's why I'm here asking questions.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:29 pm

He's fixating on the bunny. He chases the bunny. His interest in cats when he's seen them. He's fixating is the key. He's not looking away or ignoring them. He's going into prey mode.

Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Tika grew up with them and even if they give her a good smack, one outside running will give her a second of I WANT TO GET IT.
Ripley was cat tested before we got her. We have 3 cats, and one stays downstairs since she hates the dog. Even with the other 2 upstairs all the time, if the little one comes upstairs and see Ripley, she runs, and Ripley will chase. If she ever caught her I honestly dont know what would happen.
I dont know that bringing a kitten in would be practical, while I understand you love them and want one. Ezio might not understand the need to be gentle, especially if you see how he is with other small dogs at the park. His energy levels will increase a lot when he hits a year old, this will translate into more playfullness which could be potential for harm (accidental or otherwise) to a small cat. If he's chasing Gimli now, it might be an indication of what he'll do to a cat.

I'm not saying it cant work, but I think you should really honestly evaluate him with small animals and make your decision.

My 2 cents anyways,

Kelly
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Mishka by far has been the most difficult dog to socialize with the cats. She was about 5 months old when we got her but has a very nice drive to her. She is OK with our cats but anyone else's are not on the same level. I can control her, but never trust her. The others... Within 5-10 minutes the excitement is gone and they don't care. If he isn't good with the bunny, for the most part a cat (especially a small kitten) wouldn't be a good idea. An adult dog savvy cat maybe... But even then it's a risk. And if its something you want to do, you'll need to do that sooner rather than later.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Grr, I feared that much. Just needed to hear it from other people. My husband hasn't ever had a kitten (I've had more than a few litters through my childhood), so I've always wanted to get him one just because. I was thinking about maybe getting him one for his birthday (this month) or Christmas. I've noticed Ezio's fixation on Gimli (even when poor Gimli's in his cage jumping around being silly) and I try to break it whenever I catch it, but it's really only gotten worse as he's gotten bigger. I was hoping cats would be different somehow. Sad Just wishful thinking. The day we got Ezio we went out looking for a cat!

I guess if we ever get Ezio a playmate we'll most likely have to get another dog. Maybe we'll try cats if he ever gets old and lazy, or at least when we have a big house cats with a lot of hiding places, escape routes, and high shelves Ezio couldn't reach.
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Kellyb wrote:
Tika grew up with them and even if they give her a good smack, one outside running will give her a second of I WANT TO GET IT.

Ezio does that too WITH EVERYTHING. Stray cats, people jogging, leaves blowing too close to him. He used to try to chase birds if they flew over him, but now that he's bigger he realizes he can't fly. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Yeah the absolute best time to introduce a cat, in my experience, is for it to have already been in the house before you get the pup. In fact I don't believe It has ever been done the other way around in my family.

Even when a cat or kitten was introduced after the pup was in the house that pup had already been "Cat tolerant" by a previous cat being in the house.

Like Kelly said, We knew Ripley's story when we went to get her and it was a deal breaker if she chased my cats even once. She does chase my youngest one, but that one brings in onto herself in the manner in which she chooses to deal with the situation of the dogs.

If you really are dead set on getting a cat, then I definitely would NOT under any circumstances recommend a kitten. The chances for accidents are that much greater with something that small and it's inexperience in dealing with dogs would indeed help in SOME situations but would be a detriment in the most important ones.

Instead I would call a few shelters or rescues. I would explain that I wanted to share my life with a cat but that I had a high prey driven animal at home, and wanted to slowly (VERY SLOWLY) find the perfect cat for my household and my pup).

I would then take as much time as I could introducing Ezio to as many as the adolescent or adult cats I could in this shelter / rescue. I would be looking for one that had no fear of dogs what so ever and when my pup got too close to the cage or to the cat itself I would be looking for a cat that had claws and knew how to use them.

Once I had selected the proper candidate I would begin introducing them, for a period of a couple of weeks, at the shelter or rescue in a private room where I could control my pup. I would attempt to desensitize my pup from seeing me play and pet the cat, and having the cat just move around and approach me.

If that progressed I would then ask for a trial adoption and repeat the same process in a room in my house over a number of weeks. This room would be solely for the cat during this period of time and I would confine my pups from that room until I could be there for 100% supervision.

Slowly moving into the house from there and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS having an escape route for my cat to quickly get away and safe from my pup.

Megan and I had a decent back and forth in a post about getting your Husky house cat ready I'll try and find it, but right now it escapes me.

Again you've past the point of a easy / safe introduction. It had to be done as soon as possible. If you saw something as food and suddenly food had to be a friend, you wouldn't get it right away either.

What I describe is just what I would do / look for in your position. It may be easier for you, it may be harder, I however believe it is the safest way at going about it, with minimal risk for injury.

Best of luck
~Chris~

Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Tika wrote:
Yeah the absolute best time to introduce a cat, in my experience, is for it to have already been in the house before you get the pup. In fact I don't believe It has ever been done the other way around in my family.

Even when a cat or kitten was introduced after the pup was in the house that pup had already been "Cat tolerant" by a previous cat being in the house.

Like Kelly said, We knew Ripley's story when we went to get her and it was a deal breaker if she chased my cats even once. She does chase my youngest one, but that one brings in onto herself in the manner in which she chooses to deal with the situation of the dogs.

If you really are dead set on getting a cat, then I definitely would NOT under any circumstances recommend a kitten. The chances for accidents are that much greater with something that small and it's inexperience in dealing with dogs would indeed help in SOME situations but would be a detriment in the most important ones.

Instead I would call a few shelters or rescues. I would explain that I wanted to share my life with a cat but that I had a high prey driven animal at home, and wanted to slowly (VERY SLOWLY) find the perfect cat for my household and my pup).

I would then take as much time as I could introducing Ezio to as many as the adolescent or adult cats I could in this shelter / rescue. I would be looking for one that had no fear of dogs what so ever and when my pup got too close to the cage or to the cat itself I would be looking for a cat that had claws and knew how to use them.

Once I had selected the proper candidate I would begin introducing them, for a period of a couple of weeks, at the shelter or rescue in a private room where I could control my pup. I would attempt to desensitize my pup from seeing me play and pet the cat, and having the cat just move around and approach me.

If that progressed I would then ask for a trial adoption and repeat the same process in a room in my house over a number of weeks. This room would be solely for the cat during this period of time and I would confine my pups from that room until I could be there for 100% supervision.

Slowly moving into the house from there and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS having an escape route for my cat to quickly get away and safe from my pup.

Megan and I had a decent back and forth in a post about getting your Husky house cat ready I'll try and find it, but right now it escapes me.

Again you've past the point of a easy / safe introduction. It had to be done as soon as possible. If you saw something as food and suddenly food had to be a friend, you wouldn't get it right away either.

What I describe is just what I would do / look for in your position. It may be easier for you, it may be harder, I however believe it is the safest way at going about it, with minimal risk for injury.

Best of luck
~Chris~

I'm sure that's more "difficult" than just adopting a cat and hoping for the best, but I would want to do it as safely as possible so I appreciate the advice. We still live in an apartment, so I think I'll postpone any plans for now. I know the earlier the better, but unfortunately we don't have very many escape routes here other than under the couch (Ezio still tries to get under there himself anyway), under the bed, the kitchen counter (ew!). Everything is open too since we have a loft bedroom, so with Ezio's chase drive it probably wouldn't be a good idea to even attempt it here. I'm bummed, but I'd rather just wait until the circumstances are better or otherwise than live in a warzone. Looks like Ezio's keeping himself king of the house for awhile!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Just be careful and don't get your hopes up. He may just get more prey driven with age. Prepare yourself that a kitten, or even a cat, may NEVER be possible in your house.

Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Koda wrote:
Just be careful and don't get your hopes up. He may just get more prey driven with age. Prepare yourself that a kitten, or even a cat, may NEVER be possible in your house.

It's a sad reality. Sad We'll just play it by ear as our situation changes and he gets older. I'll definitely keep an even closer eye on how he acts around Gimli and cats outside.
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:42 pm

On the bright side we're not opposed to getting another husky puppy one day, which we all know are freaking adorable. Very Happy Also a process and something to be careful about, but he knows other dogs aren't food at least.
Back to top Go down
Robinhuskylover2231
Teenager
Teenager
Robinhuskylover2231

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:05 pm

When Cally was at her breeders- she was around cats and then when she moved with us, (my boyfriend and I lived separately) she only was around my two cats occasionally when she was over at my house and she did/does chase them once in a while... the worst she has done is lick their ears when she catches them but still... I just moved into my boyfriend's yesterday and my cat Roxy has moved with us... for the most part they are okay but once again, Cally still chases once in a while. They will not be left alone unattended for sure. Considering that Cally was mostly raised around cats and still shows this behaviour... I would say that it would probably not be the best bet to get a cat for Ezio- another husky puppy, sure why not Wink
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:05 pm

Oh I gave up on the hope of getting a kitty. Especially after I took Anna to a friend's house who has a kitty. Anna would chase it so I ended up just holding her all night. She would play with it like it would smack her in the face and she would try pawing at it back but she would try and bite his ears, she was too rough. She would go lay under the dresser with him and watch him while he is in his little hidey hole thing. Hahah. Can't think of what it is called. She was way too focused. Guess this is something we all have to accept as husky owners that there is a high, very high, chance they will not be able to live with cats.

Edit: Anna also was raised with cats at the breeder. Or was around them.
Back to top Go down
itsjosieb
Teenager
Teenager
itsjosieb

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:59 pm

anastasiya'smom wrote:
Oh I gave up on the hope of getting a kitty. Especially after I took Anna to a friend's house who has a kitty. Anna would chase it so I ended up just holding her all night. She would play with it like it would smack her in the face and she would try pawing at it back but she would try and bite his ears, she was too rough. She would go lay under the dresser with him and watch him while he is in his little hidey hole thing. Hahah. Can't think of what it is called. She was way too focused. Guess this is something we all have to accept as husky owners that there is a high, very high, chance they will not be able to live with cats.

Edit: Anna also was raised with cats at the breeder. Or was around them.

Ezio has tried to do that with Gimli too, which is why I don't let them on the floor together anymore. Ezio's getting so big that he'll almost step on Gimli or he'll try pawing at him. Now his paw is as big as Gimli's head! It just doesn't work. When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? 1625187496
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:29 pm

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but I don't think it's a good idea. I have 2 Maine Coons (15 lbs & 20 lbs each) that are extremely dog-like! The cats were raised with dogs and were about 3 years old when we introduced Hayden into our home. I'm now having to rehome my cats for their safety, because Hayden and Nicky's prey drive is far too high. I knew before we got Huskies that the cats could be a problem, but in my mind I thought I could make it work and boy was I ever wrong!

I would hate for you to bring a little cat into your home and something happen to it. For me it's not a chance I'd be willing to take.

I would think about this very hard, it's not fair for a cat to live in fear. That thought alone is what is making me rehome my cats, I love them too much to let their lives end early and knowing it was my fault.

We just lost our teacup Yorkie because of Hayden's prey drive and I can tell you first hand, it's the worst feeling ever! I wish you luck in whatever direction you decide to take.
Back to top Go down
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:30 pm

Starting when they are young is by far the best way. You may have just missed the boat. The first 3 dogs we've had as a family would chase the cats for days and if the cats got caught they would have probably been killed. With Thane we started on day one and he is gentle with the cat. He still has the prey drive but if he catches the cat it ends in belly message and junk licking which creeps the cat out I think XD.
Back to top Go down
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:53 pm

I would also reccomend against it! Our cat was first, and the pups have gotten used to her being in the house and knows she out-ranks them. Both of them have been told off by the cat for getting to close and rarely pay much attention to her. The cat will go in for a closer look when they're asleep and we've had a few nose rubs but other than that she only tolerates the pups. I wouldn't get a bengal then, everything you described is exactly what sets them off - jumpy and lots of movement aren't good for a dog with a high prey drive.
Back to top Go down
alpine
Newborn
Newborn
alpine

Male Join date : 2012-10-21

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 am

We have two cats that are always indoor. They where in the house when we got Alpine he was six months old. He is ok with the cats he does chase them but he wants to play, the cats they dont want nothing to do with them they kick the crap out of him. When he is sleepy the cats walk right by him with no problems. Alpine is with me all day at work so he is only with the cats a few hours a day. I would also NEVER leave Alpine alone with the cats though. good luck do some research it can be done. good luck p.s. bengle cats are awesome my next cat will be a bengel or a savannah.
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:44 am

We already had cats when we got Koopa at 10 weeks. He was about the same size as them then so he and the male cat would play chase. I watched them very closely and Koopa just likes the chase. He would chase Samson an if he cornered him, he would move away to let Samson get away so he could chase him again. Now 2 of the 3 cats are fine and Koopa doesn't care about them, but the stupid little girl is still scared & runs, so he chases her. But he never goes after them. I think the fact that the cats were here when he came home and were as big as him has a lot to do with it, if he got too close they'd give him a clawless pat on the head! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:44 am

We got Ares when he was 5.5 months. He had never been around a cat in his life. He was absolutely fine with our cat, ignored him and everything. Now at 10 months he plays gently with the cat, but on the other hand, we have a huge 25lb cat which might be part of the reason why they don't really see him as prey..

I really want to get another cat, a Savannah cat, but I know we can't because of Embry. He adores our cat Ash, they have been best friends since day 1, they were puppy and kitten together and played together all the time, but another cat is dinner for him, and I can't control him with that. It's just him.

My friend got her Husky Sakari at a little over 1 year old. She had never been around cats at all, but was fine with her two cats, and recently one of her cats passed, and her boyfriend came home with an 8 week old kitten, which she is also fine with. She does fixate on the cats, but not as prey, she honestly wants to play with them. I was really nervous about bringing her around my cat, but it was inevitable as we're dog sitting her for a month in January. She was very interested, but again, just to play with him. She even laid with him and cleaned him. Sakari is a really weird situation though also. When my friend first got her, for the first few weeks she stayed her aunt, and while she was there, she killed 3 of their outdoor cats, but now she's fine....I think it really depends on the dog.

If you do try and get a cat, do not get a kitten. I'd shoot for a bigger cat, that has been raised with dogs. Do it in a controlled environment, put the cat in a kennel and see how he does sniffing the cat with that barrier. Or what we did with Sakari was put a muzzle on her when I brought her in with my cat just in case she did go after him, she wouldn't be able to do anything with her jaw.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 am

When I got Anubis we already had foru cats, so he grew up with them. Besides of the cats don´t want anything to do with him there has never been a problem.
When we see a cat outside he sometimes wants to chase them. I don´t know if he wants to play or if he sees other cats as prey and I don´t want to find out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Jennet that's what I think Anna was doing, is just playing. She was fixating on the kitten and had plenty of time to have grabbed him but she didn't. She would chase him under the bed and then I'd drag her out because I'd get nervous but she never actually hurt him. And they laid next to each other for awhile. Anna also didnt know what was happening when the cat would hit her tail.

When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? Bbb47bf690f25a6fd959213ddfb80e56_zps47358c62
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?   When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten? Empty

Back to top Go down

When is the right time to introduce a cat or kitten?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next