It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

Breeder - Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Breeder - Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:49 pm

I really don't feel people should have to be justifying their actions or defending themselves getting a puppy on here. You may not agree with it, but that does not give you the right to condemn anyone. I spent 4.5 years investing all my free time in rescue, still would if I lived more north probable. A rescue still was not for me when I got my first dog as an adult. It is not anyone's business on here what I do when I have two dogs with a wonderful forever home. Regardless of if one of us gets a puppy, that dog is still in the world and needs a home, and at least they are in homes that will never make them part of the dogs who are abandoned. I didn't support a BYB. This person didn't plan on it either. A lot of forum members got quality dogs and did their research, and the ones that didn't just were not educated at the time to know any better, but they are 100% committed to their pups rather than have surrendered them, so awesome.
This site is about exposing truths and educating, not shaming everyone who chooses not to rescue. Rescue is NOT for everyone. Respect that.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Breeder - Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:46 pm

What I truly don't understand is why we are jumping down the OP's throat. They stated clearly they are looking for a breeder who health screens. Willing to wait for a litter and is willing to travel.

I understand the needs and frustrations of the rescue world as much as anyone. I have 6 in my home right now. As well as continue to independently pull, foster, rehab, and adopt out these dogs.

But you don't see me slagging off the OP and condemning him to hell for wanting a black and white dog.

Does Jenn not have 2 reds? Have the majority of forum posters not expressed how they want a red? Does Brian not have 2 woollies? We all have preferences. Why does the OP having a preference cause such a stir? Because its not a rescue? That's the OPs choice. We can offer the option of rescue as a way to have a dog who is done with the majority of coat changes and ready to run, but to condemn and shame? How does that educate the OP? Other than making them not want to return or listen to anything posted here.

Being negative, rude, disrespectful, and shameful gets you no where. I'm sure you all may feel better about "venting your frustrations" but the odds of the OP taking the majority of what you had to say to heart... I have to say those odds are quite slim to none.

To the OP:
Rescues are not all broken dogs, nor are they all riddled with disease and plagued with dealthy health issues. My dogs have been in 2 professional (talking Vogue here) photoshoots. Full spreads. They are very well behaved and well mannered. I could not picture my life without them, the bond I have and the trust I have formed with each of them... Leaves my heart full everyday. Rescue is a good option for most, especially if you have a specific coat pattern in mind. That being said, if you prefer to go the breeder route... Your specifications in regard to health screenings are a good start but I would encourage you to not let eye color and other aesthetics effect your decision too much. They are fine to seek out but perhaps shouldn't be your major deal breakers.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
tr3mor
Newborn
Newborn
tr3mor

Male Join date : 2012-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Breeder - Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:22 pm

not trying to stir this up once more.. but all i can say is...
Stig was a puppy, but also a rescue... did we get him on just those merits. No.

Ever since we got Zero, my better half has wanted a second dog and had been showing me images of dogs at our local SPCA daily in hopes I would finally say lets do it.. She showed me this photo, around the 24th of July, and it was a little husky pup that was brought to our region by our local SPCA from a town called Sheshatshiu where he had been found on the streets at less than a week old. And instantly I wanted this puppy, without knowing any history, health concerns, nothing. Sure he was cute, sure he was husky... but it was just the attitude that was in his face in that photo. I'm gonna have to remember to post that photo later as well.

At the time all I knew of the bread was that they grew to be "large' dogs but not huge. I liked his markings but did know they would change, colors change, etc. Everything changes, but it was all a part of the personality of the puppy and just like humans as we grow, features change but it is the same person.

It was just a moment where you knew what you wanted, and but not what you were getting into. But we are all much happier now.

Am I meaning this as an attack on anyone? no, just stating how we gained our family additions. And thanks to this forum, and the information I have obtained here, I will be able to continue to help out where I can with a bread that we all love Smile

Last edited by tr3mor on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a couple links)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tr3mor.org
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Breeder - Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
Guess it depends on the part of the country you live in. Here in the south central US there are way too many dogs and few if any reputable breeders. Dogs, yes purebred huskies are dying every day in shelters. Rescues are constantly full and those of us that volunteer and foster have to listen to 10's if not hundreds of pleas a day of dogs in need. I don't think a lot of people here grasp the pet overpopulation problem in certain parts of this country.

Also you don't find any reputable breeders in this part of the country. They don't screen potential owners, they certainly don't spay and neuter and most don't even vet their dogs. All these things are done by rescues. So if me or others are little over zealous about trying to point people to rescue, take a second to walk in our shoes through the shelter and decide who lives and who dies.

When you make statements about YOUR wants and desires and not the animals needs it becomes a microcosm of today's self centered me first society and not about the welfare of a living thing. Just my apparently unpopular Breeder - Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. - Page 3 2144500265

PS: I'm done with this thread and all those like them since Breeder - Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. - Page 3 85993

Brian, I'm in both shoes. I have a show dog and a rescue. I love them both, very much. Neither one is more important than the other, even fi I did acquire them in different ways.

There are a few decent breeders by you - but would take a few hours to get to most. It doesn't mean there are none.

I love rescuing, and I love that there are people who better the breed by saving them...but there are also many who better the breed by trying to create a stable, nicely conformed husky...There has to be some credit given to those who are working hard to prevent genetic diseases.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Breeder - Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:08 pm

I think it's best we all agree to disagree and have our own views, but not bring them up in a demeaning or disrespectful way to other owners. We all love our dogs are treat them as our kids, no matter how we got them, and I think it's safe to say we all understand the importance of rescue and wish everyone could be saved. I think most people on here have contributed to rescue in one way or another, and shown support, even if it isn't exactly by owning a rescue dog.
Koda was my pick of the litter from a breeder, Rogue was a puppy rehome I snagged before the military families here added her to the list of huskies outside all day or being bred(note: I am a military family but this is a solid fact of what happens with most huskies in the Springs). I love them both equally and am just as happy with one as I am the other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.   Breeder - Connected Champion Bloodline breeder. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Connected Champion Bloodline breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3