It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jasmineramsden
Puppy
Puppy
jasmineramsden

Female Join date : 2012-08-04

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm

hi can I ask what the harness / backpack combos you have here are? Are they attached to a belt of some sort?

Beautiful pics!x
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:15 pm

We've mentioned twice on there everything is from Ruffwear/Alpine/Nordkyn....
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Great day out on the trails, now i have a stupid head cold Sad so worth it thought! As heather said we never lost the trial we just ended up on many different trails then the one we wanted! thank god i was running my tracks on my phone so we all made it back to the cars! my tracks also failed and stopped working so i lost total info but our hike was about 6miles and 3.5hrs long. i tried looking up info on the salt lick trail and all we found was some info saying it connects to Lilly pond lake trail and take that to the lake. well we never found a trail sign saying anything! there were many connecting trails leading in many directions, the trails are marked on the trees with either bark being removed or with red or green spray paint, so keeping on trail is easy, but you just have no idea what trail you are on. ok on to my pictures!

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10113534
staring out

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10113539
Birthday Girl!!!

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10120618
in the report we found it did say to cross a bridge 15min in, well its a few logs over the stream.

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10122930

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10122939
we took a detour to look for a moose, never saw it

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10123359
there were plenty of barkless trees from what we figured was the moose rubbing their antlers on it.

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10123440
Claudia and her hubby JD

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10124214
i love seeing how trees fall, this one was woven between the 3 standing trees

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10132824
Buffalo Mt. (hiked that a few yrs ago)

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10133518
clear skys

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10135933
Claudia crossing the other "bridge" we found, this trail ended up taking us to condos and a road.

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10140621
Heather and her pups

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10140730
Me and my 2

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10143617
we then found this other trail behind the condos and took it, my tracks said it would take us in the right way.

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10145851
and it did, we made it back to the main trail and this stream

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10150502
ginger and storm

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 2012-11-10150509
Heather and Claudia, almost back!

we then finished the day off with a late lunch in Frisco to celebrate. great day, long but good!

Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

Female Join date : 2012-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Wow it looks like you all had a great time! Your pictures are great, you said your camera is a Cybershot G? I'm looking for a camera, but when searching for this one I couldn't find it, is that the full name Very Happy ? Sorry to bother..
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:40 pm

It's probably named something else, I just glanced at what it said on my cam. I'm not home and couldn't find it on BB but it's the $400 Cybershot.
Back to top Go down
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:22 pm

These pictures are great! What a beautiful area Shocked

Thanks to Jennifer and Heather for sharing the experience.

Oh, and happy b-day Claudia.
Back to top Go down
Yaqui and the Sibe
Puppy
Puppy
Yaqui and the Sibe

Female Join date : 2012-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Thanks I found it! It looks like a great camera!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:52 pm

These are pictures from the next day. We stayed at the Ritz for the weekend, and hiked up the ski hill since it was still closed. It didn't stop snowing since Saturday night so on Sunday, we got to snowshoe in about 8-10 inches of fresh, untracked powder. We hiked up about 90 minutes, then went looped around some homes to come back down. Wished Jenn and Heather were there as the pups loved playing in the snow after we got to the base.

Hopefully everyone can get to this link:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151252689961552.504165.823006551&type=1

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:39 pm

MicroBrewer wrote:
Oh, and happy b-day Claudia.
Thanks!

Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Wow that looks so awesome! Can't wait for the snow here now!

And Happy Bday Claudia!! Looks like you enjoyed it!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:55 pm

cinnamonbits wrote:
...And Happy Bday Claudia!! Looks like you enjoyed it!!! bounce
Thanks! It's always fun when there's friends, huskies and snow!

Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:01 pm

Looks like you guys had such a blast. I loved the pics of Ginger and Storm playing together. Very Happy

Happy Birthday Smile
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Demon&Dakota wrote:
Looks like you guys had such a blast. I loved the pics of Ginger and Storm playing together. Very Happy

Happy Birthday Smile
Thanks, Kim! We missed you on Saturday's hike!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:00 pm

I'm late on this thread. Happy Birthday Claudia!

Looks like so much fun! All of the pics are awesome. I'm so jealous! lol
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:05 pm

MelissaI wrote:
I'm late on this thread. Happy Birthday Claudia!
Thanks, Melissa!

Puppy
Puppy
Jess15

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:17 am

Whoa! Im late to this party, but these pictures are absoloutly gorgous! O: Are you a professional photographer or something, and photoshop the pictures or did the scenary (cant spell) really look that breath taking? <33

PS. You should do a thread showing pics of both your huskies. They are both so damn cute. Im also saying this because I want to see more of Koda as a puppy and adult LoL But I also want to see them both because they are cute, and you take sweet pictures ^.^
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:20 am

I have a more expensive point and shoot, not even a DSLR, but I'm very handy with photoshop since I've been dabbling with it since I was 9. However my camera, though only $400, is pretty nice.
I'll eventually do a new scrapbook of both dogs with photos from the past year.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:37 am

Heather, I'd just like to say that I'm seriously jealous of your Photoshop skills.

So many people over-process their photos and kind of ruin them, but yours are always gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Jess15
Puppy
Puppy
Jess15

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:03 am

^^ yeah, like everythings perfect :0

And yay! Thanks Heather!! Cant wait to see the scrap book of both dogs ^.^
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:28 am

Awesome, awesome pics! Love them! And snow - so much fun! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*   Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Claudia's husky birthday hike - Salt Lick Trail, Summit County *photo heavy*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2