It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine Empty
PostSubject: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:37 pm

http://www.bissell.com/proheat-deep-cleaner/

so we have had this cleaner for about 3yrs. the dang thing stopped working Sad i don't think i have used it more than 20 times. Me being me i took the thing apart last night to see if i could figure it out, i like messing with things Smile i got all the casing off the bottom section to see what was up, it wants to draw the water from the tank and head towards the heating element in the upper part of the case but the water will not come back down and spray out the 2 little heads in the front, there is just water in the lines from the last time it worked. i can get water to come out of the attachment handle ok but not at the base. anyone ever take one of these apart and fix it? the online manual is crap, tells me to find a pro to fix it. the next thing i can do is wrestle the tube lines off the 3 connection thing or off the spray heads and that's a PIA. i don't know how it could be clogged as its only in-taking clean water, no way husky hair could be in there, we also don't have hard water so that cant be it. i would want to say the spray head is broke but i cant believe both broke at the same time. any input would be great before i really get in there and take the whole thing apart and hope i remember what screw went where!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:50 pm

My mom has one too that is a number of years old and hers stopped working recently too. She's currently shopping for a new one to replace the Bissell ProHeat 2X that no longer works.

I have one too, mine's 3 years old and hasn't been used all that much so it's still going strong.

Hope you figure out what's wrong with it and get it back in working order.

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:56 pm

I have had 2 of these in ALL of my years. I, too, have taken them apart on occasion, but never as far apart as the water pump. Keep in mind that the water will not pump if the cleaning solution tank is empty...or if the machine THINKS that the solution is empty. I have had the solution lines "gunk up" before and have forced a little air through the tiny hole where the cleaning solution reservoir snaps onto the unit.

I've also had husky hair clogs all over those machines!! I have actually never had one actually "die". The plastic flap that moved to switch the unit from floor cleaning to cleaning with the wand broke and rendered the machine useless. My newest one has been going strong for a few years now!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Did you look at You Tube to see if anyone had posted videos? My washing machine broke and I found a great video on how to fix it. Just a thought. My Bissell Spot cleaner isn't working either - I should take my own advice and try to figure it out! (My big old Hoover carpet cleaner still runs - thank goodness).
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Can you back flush the water lines? They can and do gunk up over time.

Plus you should know better then to say there CAN'T be Husky hair in there.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Plus you should know better then to say there CAN'T be Husky hair in there.

lol!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:42 am

I have not checked youtube yet, thanks for the reminder.
Lisa, it is pulling the water from the tank, its not pushing it out the spray heads. Trying to figure out how to force air In there unless I take the hose off right at that spot and blow from there.
Len, silly me for thinking that.....

Looks like I have a project this weekend.

Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:45 am

I have it too! the furs are killing it Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:55 am

We have a Hoover but it's my moms. I am only borrowing it, it hasn't broken yet and she has a Golden who sheds like crazy. She has had it for a few years and I love the thing, cleans so well. My family also has the tendency to break everything we own so if my mom hasn't broken it yet I doubt it will break. lol!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:07 pm

I just wish I would have bought it at costco or khols so I could just return it and got a new one. I will know after the weekend if I will be shopping for a new one.

Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:46 pm

anastasiya'smom wrote:
We have a Hoover but it's my moms. I am only borrowing it, it hasn't broken yet and she has a Golden who sheds like crazy. She has had it for a few years and I love the thing, cleans so well. My family also has the tendency to break everything we own so if my mom hasn't broken it yet I doubt it will break. lol!

I have a Hoover as well and use it every 4-6 weeks and it works awesome. Love it! Reminds me, gotta wash the carpets Friday...
Back to top Go down
Kandice.Jenell
Newborn
Newborn
Kandice.Jenell

Female Join date : 2012-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Mine like that recently died...I had it for about 5 years though and used the hell out of it haha. I got the new bissel lift off carpet cleaner thing for pets. It cost more than my old one did but I havent had any problems with it. I hope you can get yours fixed! I would be lost without my carpet cleaner...I use it to clean my couches that Bandit gets his muddy paws on haha. Pic below of the one I have now.

heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine 94Y22
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine   heat - Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine Empty

Back to top Go down

Bissell Pro Heat deep cleaning machine

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1