It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:49 am

It was super nice so we took the puppies swimming today!  
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8762EDT_zps1988247a
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8859EDT_zpsedfa784c
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8855EDT_zpsb9b26eb9
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8883EDT_zpsf671a856
It'd been three weeks or so since we saw Link last..and holy crap did he have a growth spurt.
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8930EDT_zpsd0b2dc6a
I swear Miss Arya got taller since last I saw her too, pretty girl Smile
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8768EDT_zps95d501dc
These two couldn't get enough of the water
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8774EDT_zpsd54335ce
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8789EDT_zps1f66ea58
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8863EDT_zps6d1aed23
Link buddy leading the pack
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8797EDT_zpse3e2586e
Water break!
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8813EDT_zps02fcaa89
Playing tug-o-war, Korra looks kind of mad haha..
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8822EDT_zps9c874292
But Arya got it!
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8830EDT_zps49091e1e
It was a most popular stick
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8848EDT_zpsb75fc2aa
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8890EDT_zpsdfe64de2
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8911EDT_zps3128de15
The amount of water that comes off these puppies....
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8839EDT_zps5901b0a0
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8893EDT_zps52c4a112
What fun.
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_8928EDT_zps3c57c491
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:22 am

Looks like a blast! Korra is so pretty!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:28 am

It was so perfect out today, thanks so much Rhia and Zack. The lake was awesome, so good to see them swimming for real today!

Seeya tomorrow Rhia!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:39 am

Great pictures guys I can not WAIT to take Bourbon swimming next weekend! Not a lake or anything as nice as that but definately better than his 3'wide kiddie pool.

moto1087
Teenager
Teenager
moto1087

Male Join date : 2013-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:45 am

how old should a pup be before you let them play in lakes and rivers? my pup 3 months old is curious about the river at my grandparents she is already through her first two sets of shots and will have her final in about two weeks...
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:50 pm

I am not sure of the answer but I know puppies even fully done w shots are more susptible to parasite/ worms in water compared to full grown. I guess a non fully developed immune system or at least a weaker one.

VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:04 pm

Nice pictures! Korra, Link & Arya are pretty. <3 Arya's mask kinda looks like Juneau's! What camera and lens are you using?! I love the water shaking off lol.

I wish there were more people around here!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:08 pm

Link has gotten so big! He is growing so handsomely.

Love your pictures! They look like they have so much fun together. Smile

Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Looks like so much fun! Debating if I should move up to Seattle now Wink But Colorado is awesome too.. Razz
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:28 pm

Megan, come here please??? Smile

Colorado and Washington both have mountains, but we have water!!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:29 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Megan, come here please??? Smile

Colorado and Washington both have mountains, but we have water!!
And lots of rain I hear, my poor Cloudy hates the rain Razz
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:04 pm

moto1087 wrote:
how old should a pup be before you let them play in lakes and rivers? my pup 3 months old is curious about the river at my grandparents she is already through her first two sets of shots and will have her final in about two weeks...

I can't really say? :/ Lol, not helpful.

VintageJeans wrote:
Nice pictures!  Korra, Link & Arya are pretty. <3 Arya's mask kinda looks like Juneau's! What camera and lens are you using?! I love the water shaking off lol.  

I wish there were more people around here!

The Nikon J1 and one of the lenses that came with it, nothing fancy to be sure Smile

Megan (too lazy to quote again heh)- it's not that rainy! Not like the Midwest, the sky here just fizzles. We just use the rain to scare people away haha.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:09 pm

Dot wrote:
The Nikon J1 and one of the lenses that came with it, nothing fancy to be sure Smile
What!! A J1?!? That's what I have! I have the regular 10-30mm lens. I'm not getting those shots. Damn. I guess I need to get out more LOL. This camera is AMAZING in sunlight. Sucks in low-light. Are there any settings that you put it on to get the water-splash to freeze in a shot like that? Or just the regular, auto-focus, aperture mode settings?

Sorry for the questions, lol, I just didn't have any faith in my J1. I guess it's user error. >.> I grew up on point & shoot cameras.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 5:37 pm

VintageJeans wrote:

Dot wrote:
What!! A J1?!? That's what I have!  I have the regular 10-30mm lens.  I'm not getting those shots.  Damn.  I guess I need to get out more LOL.  This camera is AMAZING in sunlight.  Sucks in low-light.  Are there any settings that you put it on to get the water-splash to freeze in a shot like that?  Or just the regular, auto-focus, aperture mode settings?

Sorry for the questions, lol, I just didn't have any faith in my J1.  I guess it's user error. >.>  I grew up on point & shoot cameras.
Ha! Neat Smile I grew up on point and shoot too..and that's how I use my camera, I point and I shoot. The trick is taking a million and picking 30 haha
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Dot wrote:
Ha! Neat :)I grew up on point and shoot too..and that's how I use my camera, I point and I shoot. The trick is taking a million and picking 30 haha
That's how i am, lol. I only change a couple setting and the white-balance. the Nikon i used was amazing in sunlight and not great in low light, didn't have time to figure it out unfortunately. :(the minolta i use works fine in low light.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:07 am

MayaAndSophie wrote:

That's how i am, lol. I only change a couple setting and the white-balance. the Nikon i used was amazing in sunlight and not great in low light, didn't have time to figure it out unfortunately. :(the minolta i use works fine in low light.
Huh..maybe it's a Nikon thing..? I feel like I should tamper with the camera a bit...though the only setting I know how to change is the mode...and I still get 2 second videos of the ground and "ooh..shit" in the background once in a while, so...

VintageJeans wrote:

What!! A J1?!? That's what I have! I have the regular 10-30mm lens. I'm not getting those shots. Damn. I guess I need to get out more LOL. This camera is AMAZING in sunlight. Sucks in low-light. Are there any settings that you put it on to get the water-splash to freeze in a shot like that? Or just the regular, auto-focus, aperture mode settings?

Sorry for the questions, lol, I just didn't have any faith in my J1. I guess it's user error. >.> I grew up on point & shoot cameras.
Oh! And I usually use the 30-110mm (came with a deal when I got the camera), which probably helps. I only bring the 10-30mm on hikes or on-leash adventures...otherwise they're always too far away to get any nice shots.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Dot wrote:
Huh..maybe it's a Nikon thing..? I feel like I should tamper with the camera a bit...though the only setting I know how to change is the mode...and I still get 2 second videos of the ground and "ooh..shit" in the background once in a while, so...
Lol! Mine doesn't do video. There aren't many settings on the Konica, so i just change the mode to action (i just keep it on action) and sometimes i'll put it on shutter mode and do my own shutter speed but i usually mess it up. A cloud will go over the sun and i won't change the speed so the pictures come out dark...But when i first got the Nikon i looked up on what setting i should change and changed things. I also put the quality on extra fine. But that's about all i do.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Get a load of this gem of a pic. This is Link's crate after being awakened by me, Rhia, and Korra after my work shift to go on our play date.

Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 Img95813
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Awww.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Those smiles are the best.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:56 pm

These two I love you

What most of those pics looked like..

Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 HZpcS4P
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Ha, yes. Korra is giving birth to Link!!!!
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 2:48 pm

Hahahah Korra's face in that picture. So good.

Love those two!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 2:52 pm

That pic makes me permagiggle.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:02 am

Met up with Jeff this afternoon, he had Korra's goody bag from Karli's big first birthday hike (that we had to miss Sad) Thanks again Roxy!
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 IMG_9816_zps6b5db373
Super excited to get the homemade cupcake!
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 IMG_9819_zpsb7c8ff9d

Then it was swimming time! Or, time to watch Link swim, because Korra's not a swimmer..
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9454EDT_zps71f00384
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9516EDT_zps1824b790
She got in pretty deep with Jeff's help though!
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9501EDT_zps4580e821
Link is a great swimmer Smile
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9530EDT_zps73de59ce
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9532EDT_zps9370059c
Stalking each other..
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9462EDT_zpsdb4a971a
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9464EDT_zpsf36f68f7
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9611EDT_zps2da9bed0
Best buddies
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9467EDT_zps7b59174e
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9484EDT_zps339afcef
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9507EDT_zps618da73a
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9512EDT_zps26d7f5e2
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9592EDT_zpsfaa2ca0d
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9626EDT_zpsdcaf2d11
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9643EDT_zps3b8222f1
Sooo fierce I love you
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9544EDT_zpsdcd1d6e6
Miss Korra found a pear that had fallen off the pear tree there, it was pretty cute
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9553EDT_zps1bfdf1f3
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9558EDT_zpsf0bbaeba
When did they get so big..
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9619EDT_zps7915975e
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9620EDT_zps454ca4dc
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9630EDT_zpsb615956d
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9638EDT_zps779d2b0e
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9640EDT_zps542cc9a5
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9474EDT_zpse8304655
Link Laughing
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 DSC_9647EDT_zps7692d071
Snack time at a different branch of the pet store I work for, some yummy elk tendons
Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 IMG_9826_zpsc2064196

Last edited by Dot on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!   Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Korra's Best Buddies..Happy Birthday Korra!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next