It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

2 males living together

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

2 males living together - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:38 pm

They don't call them bitches for nothing.

silent
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
They don't call them bitches for nothing.

silent

lol!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:19 pm

lol!

We went to the dog park this morning and there were all females there this morning and Blaze didn;t seem to want to play with them he was more interest in chasing squirrels. He is the famous dog park squirrel catcher when he got one a couple weeks ago.. I really think there is more problems with multiple females than multiple males... Lordroll (brian) has 4 males and they seem to get along very well.
Back to top Go down
Kandice.Jenell
Newborn
Newborn
Kandice.Jenell

Female Join date : 2012-11-23

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:14 pm

I dont have 2 male huskies but I have a male husky and a male rat terrier and they get along fine. My rat terrier is nutless and has been since he was pretty young so I dont know if that has anything to do with it since my husky is still intact. They are buds though.
Back to top Go down
Texas Husky
Newborn
Newborn
Texas Husky

Male Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi!

I am new here. My six year old N♂ Sibe rescued me 3 years ago and now we are thinking of rescuing a ♂ Sibe that lives down the street. His owners do not take care of him and I can't understand while they have him. He's been on a chain permanently, outside, in all weather conditions and is completely ignored. I live in North East Texas but, laws state as long as the dog has a shelter, water and a dish with food it's legal. That's all fine and dandy with law but, the fact he probably has not been ever brushed/bathed, lives on dirt, left outside in Texas thunderin' storms and heat, he has bug bitten rounded off ears now, howls to his pack inside the house that ignores him, and the good Lord only knows what other ailments he may have, worms, health issues... Should I ask if the owners will relinquish him?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 7:06 pm

I wouldn't think it would hurt. I would be nice about it. Just feel them out. You don't want to piss them off because some people will do something stupid if they get mad. I would think though if you softly approached them and just explained that you notice they have a husky too but you never see them walking it, that if they didn't have time for it you would be willing to give it a good home so they don't have to worry about keeping up with food anymore. Make it sound like you are doing them a favor. They already sound lazy. If you make them think this is a way they can be even more lazy then they might just go for it.

Newborn
Newborn
Texas Husky

Male Join date : 2017-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 7:49 pm

Thank You TwisterII,

That sounds like the advice I was looking for. I just hope I can rescue him somehow, someway from his current dreary life. If all goes well, with that aspect, there is still the health check to worry about. Please God forbid if there is something then, at least I can give him a comfortable rest of his life. :/

Thank You
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 8:35 pm

You could also try "Well, we went out for a long walk and your lights were out when we got back so I kept him overnight. He and mine get along so well together (and I hope they do) would you mind if I kept him for a while ...." You don't have to say that "a while" is indefinitely.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Koka
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 11:51 am

Hello Everyone,

I have a male husky 3.3 y/o. after breeding I brought his male puppy who is already 2.5 months old. Everyone around is talking that I should expect frequent fights after the young one reaches hormonal maturity. I have read comments here which are relief for me. what I am currently trying to do is to form a hierarchy like to teach the son that his father is the boss. Wonder If I am doing it right? Or should I leave them on their own to form a hierarchy of their own? any help or sharing experience would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 12:05 pm

With a 3+ y/o and a puppy, there's no argument, they'll form up on their own. You, trying to enforce a "dominance" that will occur naturally is going to be more of a hindrance (in 90% of the cases I've seen) than any help.

As for the "when they get older," well, I have two spayed females and a male. There are "dominance" issues with the two females but after a couple of months it wasn't anything serious. They still, from time to time, decide to argue but it's always over quickly and no one's hurt. Be prepared for it and let it happen.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 10:11 am

As al said, don't try to force them into the pecking order you want. Let it come naturally. That said fixed males tend to get along better than unfixed as you just don't know what might go through their heads when an unfixed female in heat is in the area. I have two fixed males without issue. I've had one fixed and one unfixed male without issue. When I had two unfixed males for a time they had more spats than my others. None bad but just grumpier and the incessant marking was horrible.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Thank you for your response. I wonder if friendship is a phenomenon for males. As I have mentioned earlier father is unfixed and probably neither son will get the treatment. Only thing I am worried is not to get to the conflict which will inflict serious damage to one or other when little one is hit by hormones. Arguments happen among family members in people so for me it sounds a bit natural. Just no serious damage to each other.

These are my boys:
https://servimg.com/view/19962847/1
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 10:35 am

Very beautiful. I do have a soft spot for red heads.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 6:12 am

TwisterII wrote:
Very beautiful. I do have a soft spot for red heads.
Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 males living together   2 males living together - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2 males living together

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2