It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Here are some other terminology lists-

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Siberian%20Husky%20Breed%20Standard
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Gaitsibe1
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:53 pm

For shoulders, this is often the hardest one to understand-

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 182461_10151454955696590_442922832_n
Well-angulated shoulder with equal length upper arm.

The shoulder blade and upper arm should be about the same length and set at the same angle to form a wide vee set on its side. The prosturnum (protruding bone in the front of the chest) should be prominent enough for the muscles to attach and anchor strongly. Without enough layback to the shoulders, the neck will be short and lack the required arch. The dog's gait will not cover much ground. It will “pitty-pat instead of striding out. The distance a dog can extend its forelegs leg out in front is determined by the angle of the shoulders. A steep angle will result in restricted front extension, and the withers will be up in the neck instead of slightly behind it.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 394727_10151454955796590_938426323_n
Short upper arm with withers in neck.

A dog with a short upper arm will pound, and the front foot will drop slightly at the point where it meets the ground instead of landing smoothly.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 421948_10151454955871590_622233043_n
Long upper arm with sloping topline

An upperarm which is longer than the shoulder blade does give the dog a long, extending stride, but it also creates a sloping topline. This is the structure popular in many sporting breeds, but it is not appropriate for a dog expected to pull a sled.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Thank you guys soooooo much!!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:19 am

This just seems interesting to me. No worries if you guys don't have time. Smile

And these are terrible because I could not get him to stay still.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Img_1310

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 IMG_1325-sm_zpsff37c8fb

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 IMG_1327-sm_zpsd02651c0

simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:21 am

Oh I had this page open all day and never posted and just saw you guys' posts! I'll have to see if I can compare the guides to him. XD

Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:40 am

If you could get a better picture of him standing (It's MUCH easier with help!) I'd be happy to (attempt) an evaluation. That's just not a good picture.

I will say he's a tad short in body for my liking (I like longer dogs) but boy does he has a super handsome head! I like his coat, too.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 11:09 am

Niraya wrote:
If you could get a better picture of him standing (It's MUCH easier with help!) I'd be happy to (attempt) an evaluation.  That's just not a good picture.

I will say he's a tad short in body for my liking (I like longer dogs) but boy does he has a super handsome head!  I like his coat, too.

I will definitely try to get a better picture this evening. I'll try to get the fiance to help me again. He's terrible with getting Mishka to stand and he's even worse with a camera. Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 1625187496 

Thank you. Smile

Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:05 pm

When I get the urge to do pictures and I'm alone - I set up one of the dining room chairs in the kitchen and I set the camera on continuous timed. The T3i has a rotating screen so I turn the screen so it faces me and I set her up to make sure she's in the viewfinder and it's at a good height. When all is said and done I focus it, hit the button and use the time that the flash is loading to get her stacked.

It's a pain in the butt.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:11 pm

I used to have an IR remote for my camera, but the battery died and I cannot find one to fit it anywhere. That I find is the easiest and it was well worth the like $30 for the remote.

Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Yeah! I've been meaning to look for a remote for mine and just haven't gotten around to it. Probably still won't get around to it any time soon lol.

Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:17 pm

Not sure if these are any better! He's standing more in line than the other pictures. He just won't stand still!  The best two out of like 30 pictures.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Img_1311

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Img_1312

CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:28 pm

I take almost all of my pictures myself. Tripod + 9 series shot timer. It came in especially nice when I traveled the country for 74 days by myself, or getting pics of Shaqua and myself. She knows thedrill when I set up the camera now Smile Perfect!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:51 am

simplify wrote:
Not sure if these are any better! He's standing more in line than the other pictures. He just won't stand still!  The best two out of like 30 pictures.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Img_1311

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Img_1312

These are much better Smile

I love his length of leg. He's still too short in body for my liking - but he's still a puppy. I think he has a very steep croup and a short neck. Tail seems short to me too - but I like a longerish tail. If you pulled his rear legs back a smidge his topline wouldn't be roached so that would be good Smile

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:30 am

I agree on most thing except the tail..the tip is hardto see but extends past the hock.

He's a cutie
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:20 am

mbarnard0429 wrote:
I agree on most thing except the tail..the tip is hardto see but extends past the hock.

He's a cutie

Lul. Didn't even think about the color/floor thing.

I shouldn't do evaluations late at night. ROFL

I retract my statement on the tail.

Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:44 am

Niraya wrote:
These are much better Smile

I love his length of leg.  He's still too short in body for my liking - but he's still a puppy.  I think he has a very steep croup and a short neck.  Tail seems short to me too - but I like a longerish tail. If you pulled his rear legs back a smidge his topline wouldn't be roached so that would be good Smile

I think I'm going to work on the "stand" command with him and try to work on stacking just to be able to get pictures to see how his growth and development comes along from this point on.

mbarnard0429 wrote:

He's a cutie

Thank you! Yeah, the lighting and floor color kind of blow the tip of his tail out but it does go past the hock.

I always find that his neck looks short with a collar on but when it's off it looks longer. That could just be me since I don't really know anything about their points. Lol.

mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 5:15 pm

at first I was thinking the same thing - had to super turn up the brightness and I could see it lol
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 5:17 pm

mbarnard0429 wrote:
at first I was thinking the same thing - had to super turn up the brightness and I could see it lol

Yeah...3am isn't the best time to evaluate stuff, I guess. lol

Back to top Go down
Emily.Laiche
Puppy
Puppy
Emily.Laiche

Female Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Luciferstack

Lucifer =D just for fun
Back to top Go down
erikaeasy
Newborn
Newborn
erikaeasy

Male Join date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Hello, I'ts been a while since I promised to deliver a more decent photos, so here we are: almost 10 month now.
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 9470410431_4eed4faf5e_z
with his dad:
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 9473331730_77cd3a4db8_z

Some absolutely horrible pictures of movements (i don't know how that happened, we took almost a hundred of those 8\)
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 C2btAdi

the most decent fronts I have:
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 KsyMnAk
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 MdUHuIr
Back to top Go down
kass.rafford
Newborn
Newborn
kass.rafford

Female Join date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Just came upon this article. I know Zoey isnt show type but I'd really like to know what you think.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 10169910

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 10048410

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 55971910

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 11489510

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 11466910

All the good pictures I have so far. lol Sorry
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 8:19 pm

I don't do a lot of puppy evaluations once they are over 8 weeks. Since they go through so many awkward phases of growth it's not a good time to evaluate
Back to top Go down
ladyserenity18
Puppy
Puppy
ladyserenity18

Female Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Luna212

This is my Luna. She is 8 weeks old. I am wondering should I train her for shows because she is registered and both parents come from championship bloodlines.
Back to top Go down
ladyserenity18
Puppy
Puppy
ladyserenity18

Female Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Luna310

side view of luna
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:27 pm

I'd need a stacking picture of her and if you wouldn't mind providing a pedigree that would be nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next