It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 2:37 am

At 8 weeks, structurally, this is the closest to what the adult form will take.  This is where everything comes together for that brief moment between growth spurts.  You want to assess everything, and I mean literally everything.  Muzzle length to occiput length it is important the head be proportional to the dog, proper scissor bite, arch of neck, shoulder lay back, length of shoulder compared to forearm (should be equal), lower arm (elbow to wrist) should also be equal if not slightly longer than that of the shoulder measurement, depth of chest ( should be slightly less than the length of leg from elbow to the ground), length of pelvis (should also be equal to your shoulder measurement) back of the pelvis to the knee should again be equal to the shoulder length, knee to lower hock should be equal if not slightly longer.  Length of the back should be slightly longer than that of the overall height.

From the front, the chest should be proportional to the dog but never wide; a narrower chest gives more efficient movement in harness, but too narrow and you end up with harness fit issues and diminishing strength.  The dog should single-track without significant rolling motion in the trot.  Shape of the torso should have a flatness to the sides of the ribcage; this allows the front legs to glide along the sides without distorting the gait.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 28403410

Last edited by HuskyMom09 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:04 am

Thank you so much Huskymom. it's all very interesting and informative. Especially, for me anyways, that the structure of the dog is closest to its adult form at 8 weeks!
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 12:19 pm

So I was waiting till Simon was a little older to take updated pictures he is now 17 months old. I don't know how to get a dog to stack properly and I know the bandanna makes his neck look weird. Thanks for your input.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 03310

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 08710

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 04110

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 04510
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 2:04 pm

n/t n/t

Last edited by Hollyfrost on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 6:31 pm

I didn't realize that Simon and Ronin were so close in age.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 8:28 pm

Simon-

He'll still grow into that head/ears. Yes the bandana is distracting from how much neck he likely has hiding under there. Major things I see is his back is roached and appears to have a short upper arm. Could be how he's standing but he appears to be a bit on the straight side in the rear. Tail set is very high. Nice leg under him and his coat looks very well cared for.

Ronin-

There's a lot of really good things going on with him. Very nice chest presentation. Solid top line. Appears balanced in angulation. Very nice coat. One thing I see is that major crossover in his sidelight may be due to short loin- he's somewhat cobby compared to the length of leg he has.
Back to top Go down
akechisama
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 5:01 am

here is the newest photo of my girl.. i think she is growing and changed than the last time i ask about her conformation.. now she is 8 months old,near the maximum age she will grow into. hope you are not bored to take a look on her.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 IMG_20150427_221637
gif hosting

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 IMG_20150427_221641
image hosting over 10mb
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:41 pm

With her standing behind that frame it's hard to evaluate her....
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: updated with movement shots   Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 2:19 pm

update, Miya at one year Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 Stacki10 (Sorry about her leg she always moves it when I am trying to take a picture, fiance didn't tell me grr lol) Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 Stacki11 Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 Stacki12 Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 Mmiya411Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 Mmiya312 Movement-Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 Savedi10 Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 Savedi11 I think she still needs to fill out and grow into her ears more? how do you think she's coming along??

Thanks Very Happy

Last edited by GravityM on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Also what leads do you prefer, one with beads or? length? I think mine in a 32
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptySun May 31, 2015 5:53 pm

n/t n/t

Last edited by Hollyfrost on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wiretap
Puppy
Puppy
Wiretap

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:16 pm

Guess I'll join in on this for fun. Doom at 13 months. He's no show dog quality Sibe (he's got some big ol ears). I dunno if this is the right kinda picture but..

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 BCDEBBCE-C4D9-4950-B9D1-5AA33ADD439A_zpsbapclzuv
Back to top Go down
akechisama
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:35 am

hello again.. What do you think about about him? thanks before

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 IMG_20150522_153736
image hoster

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 IMG_20150602_181905
upload imagem  free stacking of him
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 12:06 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
akechisama
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 3:29 am

hi everyone.. now he's almost 10 months.. what do you think bout him ?i want to learn about huskies much more.. thankyou

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 OD9DTJ

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 RYiVkR

Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 9:55 am

Here is Mishka again, now 2 years and 7 months old. He never stands straight.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 Img_9210

Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 10:44 am

Omg husky mom is amazing! I have nothing to contribute, Loki is so far out of breed standard it's crazy. But I have to say thank you because I really feel like this thread has greatly furthered my understanding of the standards.i also think it's amazing to be able to look at pictures of dogs and tell where their faults are. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 2:55 pm

very cool info, Leo to is out of standards as well, but he seams proportional  Laughing. but I'm no expert Smile .
Back to top Go down
Hollyfrost
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 12:29 pm

Ronin at 20 months:

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 11987060_1663148307263506_5674413517820054160_n

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 12027728_1663148303930173_8671078125490523193_n
Back to top Go down
mooixi
Newborn
Newborn
mooixi

Female Join date : 2015-12-28

PostSubject: Opportunistic Photo of Zeus   Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi everyone! After months of taking "not standing the right way" photos, I managed to finally take one that looks okay-ish. Obviously he's not a show dog but I would love to hear about his faults & such.  Thanks much and sorry about the ball in his mouth. haha. =D

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 20160110
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 6:21 pm

So Mishka is now 4 years old. I don't know how to stack a dog but was looking for some honest opinions. We perform in barn hunt and coursing and would love to get into weight pull. He's no conformation dog and I know that. Coat, height, and length aren't right. Not sure what else to really point out.

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 15994703_10100603324744864_2360682500183729273_o

I'm sure this isn't the best photo since the background is pretty busy. I'll have to try this again facing the other way into my backyard. lol.

Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm no expert but he looks shorter lengthwise (front to back) proportionally to the rest of his body than most I see. Don't know if it's just how he's standing though. Handsome dude though. Smile

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Wow Ashleigh, I'm not sure if it's just background and/or lighting but Mishka looks like he changed a lot from the pic just a few posts up! He really is a handsome dude.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 12:46 am

Huskyluv wrote:
I'm no expert but he looks shorter lengthwise (front to back) proportionally to the rest of his body than most I see. Don't know if it's just how he's standing though. Handsome dude though. Smile

You know it's funny because he's actually 24.5" high at the shoulder but he does look short in body. But when he lays down he feels like a monster dog. lol.

Artic_Wind wrote:
Wow Ashleigh, I'm not sure if it's just background and/or lighting but Mishka looks like he changed a lot from the pic just a few posts up! He really is a handsome dude.

His coat changes so much. Some days I feel like he's super dark and other days he looks super light.

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 2:02 pm

simplify wrote:

You know it's funny because he's actually 24.5" high at the shoulder but he does look short in body. But when he lays down he feels like a monster dog. lol.

lol! lol! lol! Ashleigh, you have NO idea what monster dog can look like until you see Ami sprawled!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next