It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Meet Panzer from Seattle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

Meet Panzer from Seattle Empty
PostSubject: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:11 am

Panzer is the newest addition to the kennel I call home. She is an Alaskan husky, washed out from a sled team at only 10 months old. Her birthday is November 17, 2011, and I adopted her in September of 2012.

Panzer was a true sled dog. She had never been in a house, or in a car, or on a leash when I picked her up. Getting her on lead and into a car was a fight beyond measure. The man told me that she wasnt training well and wasn't going to make the team. He also told me she had dog aggression, but that since I was experienced he would let her go to me, despite my 4 dogs at home.

For 2 months, Panzer was hell. She feared people, pulled and circled and zigged and zagged frantically on leash (only for a week or two), her tail was always tucked, she never listened, and was motivated by nothing but irrational fear based in something she learned before I met her. The only good things were that she never needed potty training and she was completely okay with the 4 dogs at home (so much for dog aggression)

Panzer is far from trained. She now walks perfectly on a leash, and is getting a passable off-leash recall in the home and yard at home. Her tail isn't always tucked, and today for the first time, she tried her socially awkward best to play with our other dogs (they aren't huskies)

Panzer needs to learn to pull, and I need to learn to mush. Each dog we have has its own specialty, and gets to hang with other specialty dogs outside of home. Panzer also needs some social butterflies to play with, and expand her social skills. We are hoping to find that in this community.[center]
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:13 am

Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see pix of her!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:17 am

Awh welcome to the forum, can't wait to see pictures of Panzer Smile
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:35 am

I would love to show pics, but computer is down and phone isn't uploading to forum.
I even tried to be smart and register with imgur, but they forgot to add an "accept terms of service" for mobile, and then tell you you can't sign up without accepting it..

But I'm open to other ideas to get a picture on here..
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:36 am

I use tinypic.. not sure if it would work on a phone though.. photobucket then? No idea x3
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:02 am

Well, this is as close as I can get to work at the moment lol.
https://2img.net/h/i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s677/ericpen123/2012-09-30092211_zpsba8a130c.jpg
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:05 am

Awhhhh! How cute <3
Meet Panzer from Seattle Ngyixc
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 am

She's adorable! I love you

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:12 am

Welcome from the Eastside Very Happy She seems like a handful, but it sounds likes she's making a lot of progress, and boy is she a cutie! Welcome again!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 am

One of the things I found for helping on the socialization was a dog park. If you have any in your area take Panzer there preferably when it isn't overly busy until he is more comfortable with the other dogs.

Panzer sounds like he went thru hell with the previous owner.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 pm

I don't know very much about Panzer's breeder, except that he was a musher and that his sled dogs were very much a typical pack, outside in a pen, with hay beds, free fed and not very monitored. Panzer doesn't have any training with pulling, either, so she was seperated from the team dogs early. It would seem, however, that she went through hell before me. Every now and then when she destroys a phonebook in the house and hears an upset "no" she pees herself.

As for dog parks, normally I would love to, but there have been an abnormally high number of parvo cases in healthy vaccinated dogs around my two surrounding counties. The major dog parks are temporarily closed, and Id like to not have to afford to treat 5 dogs for super parvo smack dab in the middle of the holidays lol. After winter the parks will reopen but for now I want to arrange some safe play.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:30 pm

Yeah, the Parvo outbreak has been really bad. I didn't hear that the parks up there had closed though. I know we have a few people here from Oak Harbor, but I'm not sure if you want to go that far...maybe you could find a good dog walker in the area and go on walks with them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Panzer from Seattle   Meet Panzer from Seattle Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet Panzer from Seattle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1