It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky owner to be

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 am

Hi, new to the forums and just recently signed up for the challenge of raising a husky. My little buddy is currently 4 weeks and I look forward to the final few weeks when I can finally bring him home! I have looked over this forum quite a bit ,and I can say in combination with husky for dummies its given me loads of insight into what its going to be like. Both the good and the bad and as scary as some of it seems I can't help but stand by the little guy. He won me over from that first grumpy puppy noise about getting a bath before we arrived to view him.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 pm

He looks so cute! Welcome to the forum and good luck, you'll need it ;-)

This site helped me out tremendously starting out with my pup! No matter what question don't be afraid to ask, I am sure you will have lots of them
Back to top Go down
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

Female Join date : 2012-11-10

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Yes i just got my new husky 3 days ago! He has turned out to be the exact opposite of usual huskies! First thing is he loves to cuddle! He is always wanting to cuddle up with me at night. The second thing is he is having no trouble with potty training! The only real husky thing about him is stubbornness and wanting to chew on EVERYTHING!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Welcome! Your little guy looks precious!
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:55 pm

The waiting is the hatd part , lol! His breeder says even tho he is playful he is the most laid back of all the puppies besides his brother who believes huskies should hibernate.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:56 pm

SierraCalloni wrote:
Yes i just got my new husky 3 days ago! He has turned out to be the exact opposite of usual huskies! First thing is he loves to cuddle! He is always wanting to cuddle up with me at night. The second thing is he is having no trouble with potty training! The only real husky thing about him is stubbornness and wanting to chew on EVERYTHING!

Awwe! He is so cute, all white? I have 2, and my all white one loves to cuddle too!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 pm

I just got my puppy a week ago. I totally understand how painful the wait is! lol
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Dot wrote:
I just got my puppy a week ago. I totally understand how painful the wait is! lol

I have to restrain myself from bugging the breeder for pictures every single day. Nothing really has changed look wise besides his little ears going up. Also thank you all for the warm welcome and I will surely be coming here with more than a few questions. He won't be my first dog, but I expect he will come with whole new surprises.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:06 pm

SkylerWest wrote:
Dot wrote:

I have to restrain myself from bugging the breeder for pictures every single day. Nothing really has changed look wise besides his little ears going up. Also thank you all for the warm welcome and I will surely be coming here with more than a few questions. He won't be my first dog, but I expect he will come with whole new surprises.

I know what you mean, when I was waiting for Yukon to come home I was bugging the breeder for pics every week like clockwork LOL. It was so exciting seeing him for the first time!
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:10 pm

It was hard to not go for a little polar bear instead of him. But I've always wanted a red and so after much play with all the little puppy tots I chose him. Hardest thing ever walking out that door without him. But he needs more time with the family.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 pm

That's awesome you got to play with him first! I did not get the chance with Yukon because they were 4 hours away and I could not get up there. But I would have picked him out anyway. I really want a red one next though!!
Back to top Go down
CarlSagan
Newborn
Newborn
CarlSagan

Male Join date : 2012-12-14

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Wow your puppy looks a lot like mine! We won't be getting her until Saturday.
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:21 pm

They do, especially the masks, lol. I wonder how his will change as he grows. One of the parts of him growing up that I'm most curious about is how much they can change from 9 weeks to 2 years.

Edit: I had to do a double take of Yukon he looks so cute.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:25 pm

SkylerWest wrote:
They do, especially the masks. I wonder how his will change as he grows. One of the parts of him growing up that I'm most curious about is how much they can change from 9 weeks to 2 years.

Nikko has sort of a mask when he was younger but now it's gone. THey change ALOT in the first year. Here is Nikko the first day I got him and him the other day:

Husky owner to be Photo210

Husky owner to be Photo310

Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 pm

He is a handsome fellow, I'm already having ideas of getting another before I've even brought the first one home after seeing all these guys. But back to the color change topic, I've seen some of the puppies on the forum change and look like totally different dogs. The one thing I want is his color to stay somewhat the same,but I could be asking a lot I know lol.
Back to top Go down
SierraCalloni
Puppy
Puppy
SierraCalloni

Female Join date : 2012-11-10

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:14 am

Mine puppy Oakley is wolf grey.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:22 am

Awh he is so adorable! My next pup is gonna be a red, but I'm probably gonna get a rescue and won't be able to share all these cute puppy pics Razz Can't wait to watch him grow!
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:07 am

I saw a post of yours earlier about reaching the teenage stage. Lol that sounds like its gonna be fun in about 6 months or so. But I can't wait to watch him grow either. I watched Eight Below today and they had a gorgeous wolf gray in that movie.
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:14 am

Still trying to work out a name for the little guy before he comes home.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:37 am

Awhh names are always fun. I'm a huge fan of the anime Bleach so I've known for a while when I get a red I'm gonna name him Ichigo. Yuki hasn't hit the teenage stage yet but shes close... very close... =.=
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:40 am

SkylerWest wrote:
Still trying to work out a name for the little guy before he comes home.

http://www.cat-dog-names.com/page/category/69/

That site has a lot of good names to pick from. I had to really think about a name, especially when I got Yukon. I wanted one that did not sound too close to Nikko yet was easy to say.
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Mobezilla wrote:
Awhh names are always fun. I'm a huge fan of the anime Bleach so I've known for a while when I get a red I'm gonna name him Ichigo. Yuki hasn't hit the teenage stage yet but shes close... very close... =.=

Oh his nickname will be "berry-tan" lol, but I'm not a big enough ichigo fan to name my dog after him.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Awhhh c'mon. Ichigo is awesome Razz I have a WHOLE list of names for when I get another husky. A couple are:
Black - Izaya or Hei
Red - Ichigo or Luffy
White - Zero or Toushirou

Really hoping I get a red but you never know what life will throw at you and I'm just waiting to find the perfect one Smile
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:46 pm

I had to search through a bunch of BYB and find a reputable breeder that actually had a red. (Took about two months)So far after looking at a bunch of sites I've found no names that stick. I'm hoping to have something to start calling him when he comes to live here. He is a quiet little puppy who likes to play like any other but he has a very watch and observe personality. I spent about and hour and a half playing with him and the others and almost got a white one lol. But I really want a red so thats what I'm going for even tho the whites are so adorable. Giving a name is in my opinion nearly thehardest part lol.
Back to top Go down
OvernHusky
Newborn
Newborn
OvernHusky

Female Join date : 2012-12-15

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:05 am

Welcome to the board. I just joined myself about a week ago. I brought Gracie Loo home last saturday. I wasn't actually looking for a husky, as my wife an I wanted to rescue a dog. We sort of rescued her. My wife's friend bought her from her good friend/breeder. Well, long story short, her 12 year old cat didn't approve and became depressed and defiant. So, we took Gracie Loo. We want to change her name. Keep her registered as Gracie Loo, just change what she goes by. My wife is from Canada, and has thought of a few towns in northwest Alberta, up towards the Yukon, that have indian names (I guess the Inuits, right?). I think Chuchki would be a cool name (its the name of the asian indian tribe that initially bred huskys in Siberia). Then again, it could end up being something totally random, like Barbara. Haha. We're like that, we have an Oliver already. I've always wanted a blue pit bull named Howard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Husky owner to be Empty
PostSubject: Re: Husky owner to be   Husky owner to be Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky owner to be

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-