It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Welcome! She is one beautiful girl and I am thrilled you took her.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:55 pm

She has the most awesome eyes ever !!!They're like, white! Too cool!!! She is beautiful, congratulations and welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 11:50 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
She has the most awesome eyes ever !!!They're like, white! Too cool!!! She is beautiful, congratulations and welcome! Smile

Maybe that's why I think she looks so much like Ami even though she's silver and has a mask lol!
Back to top Go down
charley913
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:49 am

Hi There I have just joined thank you for this lovely group
i have 4 month old sibe husky he is a male named juke
today i have tried him with a chicken drum stick he ate it all and loved it but my problem now is he may be contsipated he couldn't poop
is he ok eating this as i have at least 5 - 10 who feed raw diet for there dog??

i hope i haven't hurt my pup ..

no nasty comments.
thankyou x
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Welcome to the forum Charley. I am not sure where you live, but if you can find can pure pumpkin(Not Pumpkin Pie Filling), giving a couple of tablespoons will help soften things up a bit. Conversely, canned pure pumpkin will also firm things up if poop is too loose. I too feed a partial raw diet, so no nasty comments here. I always have a can laying around for those times. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Welcome Charley!
You might want to search under the  Raw Feeding Forum within here...hat is the link if you have not looked yet. I have never tried a chicken leg but I do chicken breast and chicken wing myself. Ditto Renee's pumpkin comment.

Dimka Petlin
Puppy
Puppy
Dimka Petlin

Male Join date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Hey...I m New to the forum....I have also got a 2 husky dogs I love tem soooo much!!!
Back to top Go down
Dimka Petlin
Puppy
Puppy
Dimka Petlin

Male Join date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 3:51 pm

kelsbels wrote:
Hi everyone!  I have been a member for a while but not an active member.  Trying to get back on track.  I am friends with Jennifer Bealer who I met in another husky group here in Colorado.  I have a husky named Shylo who just turned 7 and is the love of my life.  Everyone calls him "the prince" because he acts all regal but secretly he is a big goofball.  Looking forward to becoming a more active member.  

IS THIS ONE FROM youtube channel..GONE TO TE SNOWDOGS???
Back to top Go down
Aaron63
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 7:16 am

Hello to all
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 9:46 am

@Teamhusky I do not believe the Hatchs (gone to the snow dogs) are part of this forum.
But welcome, oh Estonia that is up there north isn't it? Is it nice and cold for the pups?
@Aaron welcome, where are you from?

MetalDude86
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2015-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Morning / Evening to All,

New member here, human to Siberian Husky x German Shepherd "Drogo". I really could do with some help and advice and hope to find it from this forum.

1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 20150710

The above photo was when I first got him, i do have one present day but it keeps uploading upside down. If anyone can fix that..

Kind Regards
Back to top Go down
counter
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 5:56 pm

MetalDude86 wrote:
Morning / Evening to All,

New member here, human to Siberian Husky x German Shepherd "Drogo". I really could do with some help and advice and hope to find it from this forum.

The above photo was when I first got him, i do have one present day but it keeps uploading upside down. If anyone can fix that..

Kind Regards

Metal as in, you listen to heavy metal? Or you named yourself "metal" for some other reason? Just curious.

And where are your pics located? Flickr? Photobucket? Somewhere else. Send a link and I can help you.
Back to top Go down
Ace&Dusk
Newborn
Newborn
Ace&Dusk

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 12:48 am

Thanks for the welcome.  We are proud to include Ace and Dusk into our family.

1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 Acedus13
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 1:10 am

Wow, welcome to the forum, and Ace and Dusk are 2 very beautiful huskies. I love black and whites with the brown eyes, not as often seen, and the bi eyes on your other is just brilliant to look at....
Back to top Go down
Drewpuck
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2016-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 2:52 am

Hi... Im new... I have a husky, black and white, named Hutch... Thanks for the admin for accepting me and I'm surely learn a lot on how to take care a husky. Im from Philippines and huskies here are not that common but yet beautiful creatures... Im loving every minute just by seeing the pictures of your fur kids...
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 5:44 pm

Welcome all our new members! Make sure you get a page started for your dogs in our scrapbook section!

Newborn
Newborn
Lokigirl

Female Join date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 11:09 pm

I am also new here! Trying to figure out the way this website works and also soaking up any information I can seeing as how this is my first husky.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/lizzyjane87/?hl=en
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 11:43 pm

Welcome to the forum! Any questions, just ask Smile congrats on your first husky!
Back to top Go down
Lokigirl
Newborn
Newborn
Lokigirl

Female Join date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 am

Thank you! She's proving to be a handful, but nothing I can't handle. Lol I have plenty of questions, but I'm trying to find them in previous posts before I ask. =)
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/lizzyjane87/?hl=en
CLJ
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptySun May 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi all,

Although I'm not a husky owner I wondered if anyone here would be happy to help me.

I'm a singer/songwriter and I'm producing a new album that I will be calling "Husky Dog" after one of the songs on there. I'd really love a photo of a husky for the album cover but I've not been able to find what I'm looking for yet. I was hoping maybe someone here may have an picture they'd be happy for me to use please? I've got some of my music on Amazon, iTunes, Spotify etc so would be planning to do the same with this new album. As such I would be giving full credit to anyone who allows me to use a picture they provide for me. (Always believe in credit where it's due).

My song 'Husky Dog' is about being like a husky dog, strong, dependable and always there for you. It's in a bluesy style but is a positive song. The kind of picture I'm looking for is of a husky in the snow that would reflect that. Perhaps running through the snow.

If this is inappropriate please forgive me I'm just not sure where else I could find a perfect picture and I didn't want to just resort to using a stock image. I wanted it to be something unique and more personal so I could give the owner of the dog and the photographer a proper credit and thanks.

If any can help I'd be very grateful. I'm unable to offer anything in the way of payment I'm afraid but I will give the photographer full credit.

Thanks for your time.

All the best
Christopher Smile
Back to top Go down
Archana Chauhan
Newborn
Newborn
Archana Chauhan

PostSubject: Hello eveyone. This is Laika the 3 month old husky growing up in the north of India and her mother Arshie.   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:02 am

I am 3 months 24 days old today and i live in the north of India. I am very naughty and active. I like pooping in the house and peeing in my mom's room.
I dont like sleeping in my parents bed. My parents are very clingy ,
they keep kissing and cuddling me all day.

Arshie here ! , the mother of this loony husky. So grateful to find this group and excited to connect with eveything husky out here. The site looks a little confusing to me, however with time i will be able to find my way. I have a few questions about feeding and exercise , not very sure where eaxctly do i ask them.
Koda wrote:
Hi There Smile

My name is Tori.  I am the co-creator and owner of this forum.  I thought I would share with you a little about our history, who we are, and why we are here, because I think that this forum is something special and we have a unique atmosphere here.

We are not the first husky forum.  There were many others before us.  There were three of us at the start.  Myself, Chad and another forum member.  We had been happily on a board called The Husky Forum.  When that board's administrator left for personal reasons without warning, the board began to die.  Not wanting to lose the husky family that we had created, the three of us decided to try and create a forum of our own.  However, we wanted to do things differently.

We had found that most boards took a stance on some major issues.  People were not allowed to disagree with training methods or ethical dilemmas.  If they were, they were cut down, belittled, and chastised.  It was a poor display of human decency.  The three of us firmly agreed that open discussion was vital and pivotal to an educational space.  We believed we could agree to disagree on any issue, and we could openly debate any issue, if we were polite and respectful.  Thus, we gave birth to Rule #1 (always on the right side of your screen).  This rule is first and foremost for a reason.  It was the founding cornerstone of our forum.

In order to keep a clean environment free of clutter on the page and on the boards, we developed Rules #2 & #4.

Rule #3 might seem obvious, but we've found on many boards those titles aren't respected.  We worked hard to form this forum and the staff continues to work hard to maintain it.  Just like volunteers in shelters, forum staff members often get little respect for the amount of work, time and energy that we put in.  We felt that people deserved a friendly reminder at all times how hard this staff works.  We also attempt to maintain a very small staff so that the roles ARE a means of respect and not just a glorified title.

So on May 19, 2009, we opened our proverbial doors.  We grew slowly, but many of us liked it that way.  We developed a family.  Jenn Bealer and Eddie Harris were among our very first members.  Valerie found her way here soon after and many other friends from other forums found their way too.  We did not want to "steal people" so we did not send out invitations, but rather allowed people to find their way here on their own or through other members.

Growing slowly allowed us to build relationships.  We became a family and I think many of you will find that we ARE a family.  But we're better than all that implies because we have a common goal: the health and happiness of our dogs.  Sure we disagree, like all families do, but we do so with respect and maturity.  We help people who come here looking for information, and sometimes those who didn't know they needed help.  We support each other when times are tough and our friendship transcends our animals in many cases.  And like a family, when someone steps out of line or injures a member of our pack, we deal with that infraction fairly and justly.  But no grudges are kept.  Families don't hold grudges.

We are a fun and friendly group because that's the love and respect we have for each other and our dogs.  That is the emotion and ideals that we are founded on.  We are rare, and we are proud of that.

So allow me be the first to truly and officially welcome you to It's A Husky Thing.  I hope you are proud of the legacy that you are joining and help us to continue to make this a fun and friendly place.  I know I am proud to call it mine.

Respectfully Yours,
~Tori
Owned by Koda & Hailey
IAHT Co-Founder, Owner & Administrator
Back to top Go down
slyazzie
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: new person here   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 3:25 am

Hi, am a husky mom to 3. Shadow is 2/5, Pandora is 1/2 and Tundra is 5 mo old.
The first 2 are black/white and Tundra is solid white. Never a dull moment around here. I weighed them today, My oldest is 60 lbs while the pup Tundra is 50 lbs, I think that he will be a big boy. I do plan on breeding him with my little female. So we'll see how that goes and I'm really hoping to get some good advice here when this all happens. So thanks folks glad to be here. I love you
Back to top Go down
slyazzie
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 3:41 am

1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 23758311

thanks for the welcome, here are 2 of my babies,
Shadow and Tundra
Back to top Go down
Tracyking87
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 01, 2017 7:13 am

Hi my name is tracy i have recently got a new member to my family max who is a gorgeous 12 month husky. Now i did read up before i got max and did see they needed alot of bonding and could be very stubbon at times and wow can they lol. I have three young children who are very active and i think that excites him cos he humps alot and he can grab my children to hump he doesnt hurt them and he will get off when he is told. I also thought he would be ok in my garden but nope he escapes all the time so have to walk him round on his lead i love him to bits and he has real potential i see it just dont know if its something im not doing. Cos if he doesnt want to do something he wont and if he runs off i can call till im blue in the face he wont come back to me lol wondered if anyone has some advice please thank you
Back to top Go down
Nicole Navarro
Newborn
Newborn
Nicole Navarro

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 6:10 pm

hello my name is Nicole and I'm a new husky owner. ive only had him for a few days and its been pretty rough I'm open to any advice. my family isn't very helpful or patient so they make this process even more stressful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing   1 - Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next