It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Female Join date : 2013-01-19

Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. Empty
PostSubject: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 pm

I hope you all understood my sarcasm at that title.
So, here I'm doing a little ranting.

When my fiance and I decided to FINALLY purchase a husky, we immediately started searching the SHCA and AKC sites.
Unfortunately, there's only 5 people that are (and that's collective) registered within 200 miles of us. We contacted them, no luck. So we expanded our search. We were looking at Craigslist (I know, I know), petfinder and hoobly for a Husky, no older than 6 months. After a few dead ends, we finally found a place. I emailed them and they got back to me fairly quickly. They were selling 1 litter of AKC registered pups and 1 litter of CKC registered pups. I've never had a purebred dog before, but I know CKC didn't mean much. However, we didn't care. We just wanted an adorable husky to love and spoil.
After several emails and A LOT of questions, we decided on the pup we wanted. An adorably black/white/grey male with blue eyes. We put the deposit down on him on January 14th, knowing we still had to wait until February 2nd to pick him up. Since then we've bought over $200 worth of stuff and attempted to puppy proof our apartment. We scheduled him a Vet appointment on the 4th. He's our background on every device we own (not even joking). He's quickly become ours, without even having met him.
I bragged about this breeder to everyone, even on here. When someone questioned them, I stuck up for them.
So imagine my shock when I wake up this morning and go check the breeders website (as I do every day) and see that our puppy is back up for sale! My fiance checked her email and had a refund for the deposit attached with a note that said: "Normally, I would keep the deposit. However, under the circumstances, we don't want your money and we will find him a more suitable placement".
We were completely flabbergasted. I emailed her right away, asking what was going on...no answer.
Caitlyn called her twice...no answer.
That's when Caitlyn suggested that maybe it was the post on here where I asked you guys if the pup could possibly be a mix breed.
I logged in and found her on here. She actually created an account this morning...right before she refunded us.
Thinking that that had to be it and that she probably thought I was questioning her, I emailed her right away.
I apologized and tried to explain that I wasn't questioning her as a breeder. I was simply not in the loop about purebred pedigrees and all that and was curious about the missing blocks on the dam's pedigree. I explained that I was just wondering if they were there because her great great great whatever had been a non-siberian breed and that wouldn't have been under the breeders control! I then almost begged her to let us have him. I explained that he had already burrowed a place in our hearts. We already have all of his stuff, including his name tag!
Well, it's been about 9 hours since I sent that email and while she's been on here, she hasn't responded and I don't expect her to. Seems like you just can't ask questions anymore.

Anyways, we've both been in tears all day. Even though we hadn't met him yet, we considered him family.
Back to top Go down
DanielleCortez
Teenager
Teenager
DanielleCortez

Female Join date : 2012-11-25

Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 pm

jesu christo, that's ridiculous.

when i found out the litter was born, i became obsessed and very quickly started purchasing puppy supplies. i gave our breeder a DETAILED summary of my lifestyle and my past experience with dogs, and i told her i've been actively researching puppies and huskies online. as soon as i was able to pick kingsley (she urged us to wait 5 weeks because she's had people back out of deals because of eye colors), he IMMEDIATELY became ours. we talked about him as if he were our baby, as if he was already with us.

i'm so sorry this happened. my only recommendation is to keep an eye out every day, something might come up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wesatonashoreline.wordpress.com
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 pm

That's what we did with this one! We informed her about everything and had to fill out a puppy application before we could even put down a deposit. Everything was fine! It's just insane that someone could be that heartless. If she really cared about the homes her puppies went to, he would still be going with us. It's obvious how much we care about him.

It's not your fault! We were just so upset about it. Thank you doll.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 pm

That is ridiculous! I hope your breeder reads this post, she is a class A bitch!

So sorry that someone would be that idiotic to you, and I hope you find a breeder that is worth spending your money to. A breeder should be HAPPY that you are asking questions and trying to making sure they are reputable, not offended. Best of luck to you <3
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm so sorry this happened. Sad
Back to top Go down
Kavik_the_Havoc
Teenager
Teenager
Kavik_the_Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:29 pm

That's damned heartless. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Hopefully they will respond and change their minds. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Wow i am so sorry!! You guys sounded exactly like me and my gf did with our pup.. We were in love with him 2 days after he was born and he was out background on everything aswell! I am so so sorry!!
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks guys. <3. It's just awful. We waited so long for the perfect pup. Then we finally find him, think he's ours for 9 days and then he's yanked out from under us. I just don't understand how someone could do that.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 pm

That seems really weird. I don't really remember the thread that you posted and can't seem to find it now, but was anything said on it that was offensive? It seems odd that they'd pull out just because you were wondering about the lineage.

I hope she at least responds to you with an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 pm

That's terrible. Our girl too, picked out at just 2 days old, was already in out hearts before she came home. I had NIGHTMARES about anything taking her away from me. I cannot imagine how you must feel.
I hope you get a response.
You said you put down a deposit already, so have you got a signed contract for the pup?
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 pm

I'm not sure how I would react, I hope you can find a new puppy. I know it won't replace the feelings for the first one Sad heartless shebeast of a breeder.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Dot wrote:
That's terrible. Our girl too, picked out at just 2 days old, was already in out hearts before she came home. I had NIGHTMARES about anything taking her away from me. I cannot imagine how you must feel.
You said you put down a deposit already, so have you got a signed contract for the pup?

You sound like me! I had nightmares and thoughts while at work that I would show up to pick her up and that the breeder had accidentally given her to someone else!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:59 pm

I'm waiting for her to retort - was this the breeder in murrayville?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 am

Mobezilla wrote:
Dot wrote:

You sound like me! I had nightmares and thoughts while at work that I would show up to pick her up and that the breeder had accidentally given her to someone else!

I would freak out about someone adopting Kay before i could. I was even scared they would adopt her out to someone else after we paid the spay deposit.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:06 am

I would be a combination of livid and heartbroken. I don't see how anyone can do that, especially after you went through all the steps. I really hope she has a change of mind.

I would be devastated if my breeder did that to me for any reason. Sad

mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:09 am

Trillium Blue has a litter born 12/20/12 - perhaps you should contact them.

http://trilliumblue.us/trillium/category/litters/

I know its not your puppy...but I just I might beable to help
sorry:(

Last edited by mheath0429 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 am

They aren't listed - a lot of great breeders aren't listed Smile Cato's breeder wasn't listed.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 am

That's horrible. I was a bit paranoid that something would happen before we could pick up Lucian. I tried like hell not to get my hopes up, just in case something to happen. But to no avail, I was in love him from the start, lol. I hope everything turns out for the better.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:15 am

MayaAndSophie wrote:
Mobezilla wrote:
Dot wrote:

I would freak out about someone adopting Kay before i could. I was even scared they would adopt her out to someone else after we paid the spay deposit.
This sort of happened to me (not the spay deposit part). I was completely invested in this rescue, ready to welcome her off the transport bus. They kept updating me and I was super excited to meet her. And I keep sending emails because all of a sudden they fell off the face of the earth. And eventually they reply 'oh sorry, we adopted her on the way to WA lol, here's some other lab mixes'- I was livid. I didn't even want a lab mix but the girl seemed perfect, I'd fallen in love with her regardless of her breed...
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am

mheath0429 wrote:
I'm waiting for her to retort - was this the breeder in murrayville?

Nope, Blue Ridge, GA.
"Mccaysville"
Haha.

To the other comments: I never said anything bad about them, if anything I was bragging about them. The only thing that I was asking was if it was possible for the pup to not be 100% purebred, since there were empty blocks in the dam's pedigree.

We were completely heartbroken.

And the pup is already sold.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:38 am

I'm so sorry Sad That's terrible.
-edit- I just checked! They really did change who the puppy is going home to. That lady is a complete jerk. Sorry. But she is. I'm so upset Mad

Last edited by Dot on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:40 am

Here's the original thread: https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7971-is-it-possible-my-husky-is-a-mixbreed

Don't know about you all-- but I feel like this is cause for blacklisting said "breeder." I know I would never recommend or condone someone who could do this to a family for asking questions.

That's all I'm going to say about this topic and issue... I'm honestly so angry that I just don't think I can say anything appropriate.

Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:50 am

This makes me furious, but if it makes you feel better. They are probably not purebred. I was browsing their site, and they have Merle Siberians in their breeding program. Merle Siberians are not purebred, and can not be registered as there has to be Australian Shepherd somewhere in their lineage.

Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. 100_3819

Last edited by Jennet&Embry on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 am

Well, if the "breeder" reads this, AKA Hell's Hallow Huskies, great job giving yourself bad exposure to a forum that often comes up when googling info on huskies. Dumbass.

Your post was not disrespectful to them at all. Not your fault people pointed out they didn't seem very reputable. Point proven.

I'm so sorry you don't get to have the baby you've been so excited about.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:02 am

Hopefully this bad experience will be exposure for the breeder, and that people won't buy puppies from them. We will do everything we can to help you find a good breeder, Megan already suggested one and you can find a better breeder <3 You had every right to question them. If they breed merle's, they're obviously not purebred puppies! I know it's not the same puppy, I know how you feel. Yuki was my cell phone background at 2 weeks old, I was showing my co-workers her picture every day like she was my own child. Its heartbreaking to hear that there are people out there this evil, but I'm glad you have the ability to go with another breeder now instead of funding someone who obviously doesnt even care about the genetics of their dog and breeds just for the money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   Breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. Empty

Back to top Go down

Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next