It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Freeze-Dried Orijen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Working Huskies
Newborn
Newborn
Working Huskies

Freeze-Dried Orijen Empty
PostSubject: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Orijen has came out with Freeze-Dried line of food.It is expensive though,and I yet to find the Orijen line of Freeze-Dried food.

Anyone feed freeze-dried Orijen, or plan too?
I am please with the Ingredients, and would feed it if I had the money(& if I had dog).
http://freezedry.orijen.ca/

Quote :

Quoted From Orijen
"Venison (ground with bone)*, duck (ground with bone) *, Steelhead trout*, bison (ground with bone) *, elk (ground with bone) *, quail (ground with bone) *, duck liver*, duck heart*, spinach, pea fiber, bison tripe*, elk liver*, elk heart*, elk kidney*, ground sunflower seeds, Red Delicious apples*, Bartlett pears*, Red Heart plums*, Tilton apricots*, whole pumpkin*, Butternut squash*, Imperator carrots*, kelp*, mixed tocopherols, cranberries*, blueberries*, blackberries*, chicory root*, dandelion root*, summer savory, peppermint leaf*, ginger root*, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, manganese proteinate."
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 pm

I have not heard, but I am going to see if any of the pet store/boutiques around me carries this line of Orijen. Thanks for the tip!

Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:20 pm

I've seen it - but at the price they are charging, I'd feed Ziwipeak.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm with Megan. Great concept, but you can pay for the best food on the market aside from raw for at price (Ziwipeak).
Back to top Go down
coltincl
Newborn
Newborn
coltincl

PostSubject: Re: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:46 am

Champion Pet Foods is the company making the Orijen line. We use their Acana line of Regional Dog Food. The biggest reason that we switched to it is that is is all sourced here in Canada. Most of the big box brand names are sourcing their protein from China and then get caught in shortages when the FDA gets involved, leaving you stuck when there is no more on the shelf. These guys tell you exactly which farm the food comes from, fresh everyday not frozen or dehydrated and not shipped from a third world country. Also their fish source is wild, not farmed.
We chose the Regional line of their food as the protein count was about right for us, the Orijen is higher which is great if you are working that much more energy out of your Husky. With Aurora we are able to switch the flavours with each bag we order and she loves the change with no ill side effects in the output department.
They are also very easy to talk with should you ever have questions, there is a human at the other end of the phone call.
http://acana.com/products/regionals
Back to top Go down
Working Huskies
Newborn
Newborn
Working Huskies

PostSubject: Re: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Heather! wrote:
I'm with Megan. Great concept, but you can pay for the best food on the market aside from raw for at price (Ziwipeak).

I agree,nothing beats Ziwipeak in quality wise(Dry Food).
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Has anyone tried this yet?

I finally found a website that I can order it from because no one around here is selling it yet, but I'm curious if any of your huskies have liked it? I would still be feeding regular Orijen but it might be nice to mix especially because they make a new protein for them in the Freeze Dried.

We have tried the treats, and my dogs don't go crazy for them but I'm curious if the food is any different!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 9:16 pm

For the markup, it's not worth feeding to our size dogs. I would also advocate ziwipeak over this for the price.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Yeah, we sell it at my work..it has a loyal following of about 2 people with very small dogs. Everyone else buys it to break up for treats, which is a fun way to use them. For the price I'd go with something else too. If money isn't an issue though it is a nice topper.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 8:08 am

Definately very good ingredients, but I think it won´t come to Germany. If maybe I would try it.
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks. Yeah it wouldn't be an everything night thing or anything like that. Just something to maybe add every once in awhile to get another protein in there. I did look at Ziwipeaks last night, when I read this blog the first time so I will look into.

I know that Ziwipeaks is a 100% natural and everything, but I've got some sensitive boys, has anyone ever had problems with it as a topper when they feed it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freeze-Dried Orijen   Freeze-Dried Orijen Empty

Back to top Go down

Freeze-Dried Orijen

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1