It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

Female Join date : 2013-04-23

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 4:48 am

so I want to know who the breeder is so i can get on the waiting list ..
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:56 am

Hi Kaitlin. The breeder is called Boreayl Siberians and their site is http://www.freewebs.com/sibemusher/
I was thinking of getting on their list for my next puppy too, but it's a ways down the line for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:20 am

So. I happenchanced upon a picture this morning on a random color site...I think Mechta will look like this when she gets older (minus the obvious different markings)
Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 2234643_f260

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 Oil_pa11

Last edited by Niraya on Thu May 16, 2013 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:28 am

Nice looking dog Smile I love his/her coat
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

I got a dumb question.. Was there ever a dog in the lines of your pup thag looked like her? Or did she just pop up lol.. I dont really understand much of the genetic stuff or whatever.. I remember the bucket of puppy picture. And i remember all the dogs looked so different from eachother.. Usually you see most of the dogs look similar..
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:05 am

Her litter was a dual sired litter that happened to actually get pups from both sires. One sire was a seppala (working) and the other was a working/show cross. The working lines aren't known to carry the red gene and all of Rockets puppies came out typical colors (gray/white, black/white and the agouti/white).

Mechtas sire is a mostly black (since I never posted a picture of him I'll do that when I get back to my computer). I know there are other mostly black dogs in the line but not (mostly) red. The "mostly black" or genetically "KB" (dominant black) is more common in working lines. Her sire, being a working/show cross, carries the red gene down from the show side of his pedigree. Mechtas dam is a red/white show dog. Red is recessive in siberians and so since one dog (in the breeding) only carries red genes (the mom) and her sire, even though he isn't a red, carries the red gene which means that one quarter of the litter would turn out red (1 pup out of the 5). It just also happens that her sire passed down his "KB" gene to her.

Last edited by Niraya on Thu May 16, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:38 am

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 383310_10200989848495543_1172572702_n
Boreayl's After Dark - "Onyx" Mechta's Sire

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 299279_2358655532936_25560486_n
Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 320546_2480295173851_1323946211_n
Boreayl's Wild Sage - "Sage" Mechta's Dam

Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:21 pm

Niraya wrote:
Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 383310_10200989848495543_1172572702_n
Boreayl's After Dark - "Onyx" Mechta's Sire

Ah so that's the breeder, when I was looking at the sire I thought to myself I want a puppy from him xD He's gorgeous and Mechta is gorgeous as well!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Omg!! I love onyx!! Seriously i think in a few years when im rdy for another i will try to go with the same breeder.. I know you said she is slowly having less and less litters i hope she holds off a few more years lol
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:37 am

Ugh! I've been -really- busy! I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you guys! I'm promise I'm not being an a-hole on purpose!

Megan - Awhile back when I was getting to know the breeder I had said I wanted a puppy from Onyx down the road! It happened a bit sooner then expected lol.

Eric - Good luck! I really love her dogs and I plan on getting one more from her before she is done breeding for good.

In other news! I got a new camera today! I haven't been able to play with it much and I don't know how much I'll be able to play with it tomorrow (taking Mechta to a show for socializing and meeting a few friends there) but I took a couple tonight just messing around with it!

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 Img_0010
She's really not innocent.
Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 Img_0011
Because color. One of my favorite things about her and you can see it in the picture - is she has white on the underside of her tail but the white hairs are tipped with red. It's so weird.
Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 Mechta10
Getting on beds is hard.

This is from a few weeks ago at another show - she has white tipped red hairs on her face that give her a silvering look.
Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 94219310

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:43 am

So stinkin cute
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:49 am

OH! I forgot her pity ribbon from last weekend! There was only two dogs in her class. She was awful - didn't deserve it.

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 97138510

Megan - you can have her for awhile, your opinion will change of her being cute! LOL

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:50 am

Even as little tyrants they are cute! I'd love to take her in ring though, we would have fun!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:51 am

I'll send her up your way for awhile after she's better...and through all her phases! See what all those big kennels think of the awkward colored dog lol.

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:53 am

Ah, some of the big kennels won't mind. The best people definitely wouldn't mind and would probably like her. If you can't make the national, maybe you could come up for the specialty in march. At the rate we are going my puppy will be more than ready by then. Lol
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Spent some time playing with the camera today.

Ceiling fans are apparently the most interesting things in the world.
Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 Edit10

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 Img_1110

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 Img_1111

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 Img_1112

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 Img_1210

Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:09 am

I want to steeeaaalll her!!! She looks so grown up in these pictures!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:19 am

Just be sure if you do steal her to give her back after she's all trained Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:25 am

Haha!! I don't plan on stealing her until after the puppy stage Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:47 am

You might have a bit harder time then!

Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:52 am

But the puppy stage is soooooo......UGH. Lol no other words for it. I think my next one will be either a teenage or adult rescue.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:58 am

Yeah...I'm done with puppies for awhile. For at least 4 or 5 years minimum. Not because puppies are awful but I don't want all of my dogs passing away at the same time.

Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 2:07 am

Totally agree. I am going to be getting a Standard Poodle puppy next year from a breeder in Canada, and I feel like that will be the perfect age mesh for my three. Hopefully Sheba will stop being such a little B after she grows up a little bit...hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:47 am

OH yay! Congrats Very Happy!

Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:10 pm

I cannot believe how grown up she looks already! She is just beautiful.

And yes, puppies are totally awful. Lol.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding   Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next