It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
greymacute
Newborn
Newborn
greymacute

greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( Empty
PostSubject: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:44 am

My husky has been sick for almost a week now.
He has this greenish-yellow eye discharge
He has dry flaky nose
He isnt eating well
He isnt as active as his usual self

We brought him to the vet yesterday and was prescribed antibiotics
Also, we found out that his poop has eggs of trichomonas
(He sleeps outside our house, in our backyard. He has his territory)

He is not vomiting
He is not having diarrhea (his poops are black and of really small amount, about half-thumb size)
He is not having runny nose
He is not coughing

Has anybody had almost same experience??
I am really afraid if this are symptoms of "canine distemper"

We have 3 dogs and of the 3, he is the only one who is sick.
He was vaccinated by the way (he is now 2 years old).

I love my husky..Sad
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( Empty
PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:33 am

I had a similar situation with my pup once too. Although he was vomitting as well. When I took him to the vet they food an intestinal infection and prescribed antibiotics and something else for the vomitting. By the next morning he was doing much better. Hopefully the mess help your pup. Do you think he ate anything he should have?
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:33 am

Shouldn't*
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Did the vet say what he prescribed the antibiotics for?
Back to top Go down
Kavik_the_Havoc
Teenager
Teenager
Kavik_the_Havoc

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Have you tried an abdominal x-ray? It might reveal something you didn't see earlier, such as a mass or blockage in the intestinal area. My previous husky had a mass growing from her liver that was crushing her small intestine into her rib cage with caused loss of appetite and energy, and made it difficult to defecate as nothing was able to move through her bowels. I’m no vet, but I strongly suspect there is something wrong with an internal organ either directly or by a foreign object. I have no basis for this, but something tells me to check out his gallbladder.

Last edited by Kavik_the_Havoc on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 pm

I would bring your dog inside in order to monitor him correctly. He may not like it, but its what I would do. He could have ingested something bad,
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
greymacute
Newborn
Newborn
greymacute

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Rocio_Caballero wrote:
I had a similar situation with my pup once too. Although he was vomitting as well. When I took him to the vet they food an intestinal infection and prescribed antibiotics and something else for the vomitting. By the next morning he was doing much better. Hopefully the mess help your pup. Do you think he ate anything he should have?

Thank you for your answer. He was doing better yesterday evening, thank God. Though his eyes are still a little bit smaller than the usual open size of it. No more discharge. Before he became like this, the last meal he ate was his dog food. -,-
Again, thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
greymacute
Newborn
Newborn
greymacute

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:46 pm

UndarthAngipoo wrote:
Did the vet say what he prescribed the antibiotics for?

Thank you for your answer. The vet prescribed him these:
Cephavet 1 cap twice a day for 7 days
Doggymin 5ml daily
Dextrose powder 2 tsbp in every 250ml water

the worm treatment would be for next week according to the vet..
Again, thank you!
Back to top Go down
greymacute
Newborn
Newborn
greymacute

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Kavik_the_Havoc wrote:
Have you tried an abdominal x-ray? It might reveal something you didn't see earlier, such as a mass or blockage in the intestinal area. My previous husky had a mass growing from her liver that was crushing her small intestine into her rib cage with caused loss of appetite and energy, and made it difficult to defecate as nothing was able to move through her bowels. I’m no vet, but I strongly suspect there is something wrong with an internal organ either directly or by a foreign object. I have no basis for this, but something tells me to check out his gallbladder.

Thank you for your answer. We haven't tried an abdominal xray, but on her follow up next week, we might do so if the problem still persist. As of yesterday, he seems better, he runs and jumps again, his tail is up again, NO MORE EYE DISCHARGE though his eye seems a little less opened than it used to be..
he was eating but only few..and he drinks the dextrose solution. I hope rest could do him well.
Again, thank you.
Back to top Go down
greymacute
Newborn
Newborn
greymacute

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
I would bring your dog inside in order to monitor him correctly. He may not like it, but its what I would do. He could have ingested something bad,

Thank you for your answer. He stays in the terrace last night, i might do your suggestion tonight. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Black stool worries me, usually that indicates digested blood; intestinal blockages, or internal bleeding. Did you mention the black stool to your vet? Is it tar like?
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Does the dog eat raw? Cato and Delilah get a black stool after a very dense organ meal or organ/muscle meal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
greymacute
Newborn
Newborn
greymacute

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:27 am

hypers987 wrote:
Black stool worries me, usually that indicates digested blood; intestinal blockages, or internal bleeding. Did you mention the black stool to your vet? Is it tar like?

Thank you for your answer.
The stool worries me too.
Yes i have mentioned the stool to the vet.
The color is really black..Sad
Regarding the quantity, it is really few. I roamed our backyard to search for poops but I only seen few that are dried.

Grey hasn't pooped yet because he eats really small amount of food. The last that he ate was his dog food though..
Back to top Go down
greymacute
Newborn
Newborn
greymacute

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 am

mheath0429 wrote:
Does the dog eat raw? Cato and Delilah get a black stool after a very dense organ meal or organ/muscle meal.

The last meal that he ate was dog food mixed with an amount of cooked meat (we had a celebration and the meat that are much for us to eat was given to our dogs, it is clean)
I cant think that it is due to the food because the other two's poops are brown and big enough..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(   greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :( Empty

Back to top Go down

greenish eye discharge, loss of appetite, loss of energy, little black stool with worms, NO VOMITING, NO DIARRHEA. Help please! :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1