It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:34 pm

jalepeno wrote:
Who's talking about chickens?
I like this.

First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
JungerHund
Newborn
Newborn
JungerHund

Male Join date : 2012-01-27

First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:55 pm

So far Loki's count is:

Squirrels: 2
Birds: 3
Cats: 0 (he thinks my cats are pillows to be laid on for some reason)

Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Weldon, along with his partners in crime : May the Mastiff, and Mika the beloved husky, caught a bird the other day. Not sure who actually knocked it out the air, but when things settled- weldon had it.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Puppy
Puppy
Fenrir

Male Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:29 pm

My dog has almost no noticeable prey drive, but his brother has apparently become very good at the art of snatching avian creatures out of mid-air. Three in the last week, by the last update I got. Is it wrong that I want to watch just once?

Edit:
Spoke too soon. Since this post, Fenrir has taken out three moths, a cricket, and just about took a rabbit out of this world. We were walking in the dark and, out of nowhere, he lunged to the side and came back waving a rabbit by the leg. He dropped it when I told him to and it gimped away. To be fair, he caught it so easily that it was probably already gimped.

Last edited by Fenrir on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Neo got his first kills last week. Two lizards, I got one on video and thought about posting it but didn't want to offend anyone.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Two days ago Bodhi got a mouse.
He was on the leash, and he just suddenly dove under my truck.
I pulled him out, saw the tail sticking out of his mouth and yanked hard.
He dropped it, but it wasn't moving.

Now he looks for it every time we walk by that spot.
Back to top Go down
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm convinced if we go to the creek with a 20-25' leash, Brewer will be doing his part in managing the local duck population. A few hours ago he found himself fully submressed in freezing cold water trying to drag me towards one of the many Mallards...
Back to top Go down
Ksibe
Newborn
Newborn
Ksibe

Female Join date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Chloe has killed a spider and a few other bugs. WhenI take out for walks to the pond she wants the ducks, fish and turtles.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:54 am

Although Anubis catched a deer once, his prey drive did not increase as much as I thought, but he has a high one already so I gues that is already enough Very Happy.

kclee I really don´t get the point of what your problem is. As a European I would say fuck is part of the normal American language Very Happy.
Even the old Greeks used words like this and for fuck sake they were very educated. Oh I used the bad word I´m sorry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Kiara has a prey drive but she's too slow to catch things that are too fast.
My aunt had a lot of bird houses and she was always sending me pics of the unfortunate ones that fell out of the house. She will let her bat them around until they died. She would chew on them and burry them (she stopped letting her chew on them when the vet told her that's how they get heart worm.) she would eat bugs constantly. She does try to catch everything though, her ears perk up and she picks up speed running toward the birds on the bike trail. She is always pouncing on the plants trying to catch snakes and lizards, I am sure she has caught some, I have also had to take a few mice from her, she like chewing on them, gross. She really wants a bird, if an eagle or hawk flys pretty low she will follow it around the backyard while it flys around, it's so funny. I was playing w her once and she darted to a flower in seconds and snatched it off a flower... She's like a cat, she like to torture things slowly till they die, she puts it in her mouth then bats it around w her paws until whatever it is stops moving.
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Female Join date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Chase likes to catch flies, stalks birds but to my knowledge hasn't caught one, and kills moths, crickets, and other bugs.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Kiara did another ninja kill on a butterfly. Snatched it out of the air and batted it around.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Blaze got a mole the other day while we were walking.
Back to top Go down
vtomlinson
Newborn
Newborn
vtomlinson

Female Join date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:44 pm

My two young ones dug a six foot trench up a hill following a mole. They caught it yesterday. They obviously hurt it catching it but didn't try to eat it and left it alone when I told them to leave it.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Poor little stray kitten lost its life in our back yard this morning Sad just like kids when its quite something is up, so when sierra and jack did not come running back to the door after being let out i had to wonder what was up, what was up is they found a kitten. i hate being the one to "clean" it up, at least they never tear them apart but i always feel sad.

Puppy
Puppy
SolitaryHowl

Female Join date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Suka's kills in the past 3 years- he likes to go after the 'big' stuff and he doesn't bother with birds and mice.

3 Raccoons
5 opossums (vicious animals!!)
1 rabbit
1 squirrel
1 bird (it had a broken wing and couldn't fly away)
and almost 1 cat.

Oh, and he likes eating ants that crawl into my house...for some reason. LOL
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:52 pm

My vicious man-eating Chihuahua attacks bugs for a living. He's so fierce and tough and makes his victim suffer until he eats them.

Callie sniffs bugs and then gets really mad when it tickles her nose. If she manages to sneeze them out, she quickly kills them. Yet she hasn't learned yet not to sniff small crawling things.

Oh, yesterday she was trying desperately to catch a fly and it was the funniest thing I've ever witnessed. She was perched on the edge of the bed and kept snapping at it and jerking her head to see where it went.

Other than bugs, the only casualty of my dogs has been a squirrel. So far. But they're still young.
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:06 pm

So far Neeka is at -
1 mouse
numerous shrews
1 bird
Back to top Go down
Sackman1886
Newborn
Newborn
Sackman1886

Female Join date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:16 pm

We've been in our new house for 3 weeks now...
Kaya's count:
Lizards: 2

Our wall is about 6 ft. tall, so she is biding her time for one of the rats to fall off, because they are just taunting her.
Haven't experienced any opossums or racoons yet, but it's just a matter of time.
Birds are just fun - she tries and tries. This is new for her, she will perfect her techniques.

I'm just waiting for the day when some unfortunate cat or bunny finds its way into our yard.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Jen, I don't envy you having to clean that up. I love kittens so it would depress me. I'm pretty sure Willow would kill a kitten if given the chance. I could be wrong but the one she was exposed to when I picked Aspen up held her focus very intently. I made the woman put the little thing up cause I had never seen her that focused before. Thankfully she does not look at my cat that way. So far, my two have only killed insects. They have a hay day getting the crickets during the summer time. Willow is also very good at attacking leaves! lol!
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:05 pm

We were around a kitten for the first time this weekend and Anna would chase it but we would always pull them apart. She would follow the kitten under the dresser and it would smack her in the face and she would paw at it back. It was too cute. She tried to bite the kitten's ears. The kitten of course would pretty much just slap her and bite her nose. We have been thinking about getting a cat one day just not sure how she will do yet. Of course she didn't hurt the cat and she had plenty of time to while we were dragging her out from under the bed. She just seemed to want to play. Maybe a little rough but play like it was a puppy.

Anna hasn't killed anything so far. Besides bugs of course which she tortures them. It is pretty funny to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sammie-Leigh
Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:07 am

Our Kill count so far is:

Bats: 1
Possums: 4 - at least.
Neighbors Chickens: 5 (on different Occasions)
Lizards: 7
Moths: Lost count
Rats: 2
Ducks: 0 (almost became 1 a couple nights ago with Compton trying to eat one of our Ducklings, the Duckling however, not phased by Compton one bit, pecked him on the nose a couple times, once this happened Compton was no longer certain he knew what he was meant to do with the Duckling or whether he liked it as much as he first thought, so he just watched it from a safe distance -the other side of the lounge room under a table)

Halli is the hunter in our pack, she sits at the fence line where possums run across and chases them from the ground as they run back and forth on the fence to try and escape, eventually they get so tired that they have no option but to drop to the ground as they can't run on the fence anymore, and this is when she strikes.

Back to top Go down
Titus&Lycan
Teenager
Teenager
Titus&Lycan

Female Join date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:27 am

Titus kill count;

1 bird that got into the house, he actually catch it when it's flying in the house
2 big spiders
couple of moths
couple of flys
1 four month old toy poodle about 4lbs that cause him 3 weeks in the pound & about $10 000 bills for me
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 1:24 am

I guess I've been lucky thus far with Evie's only fatalities being bugs, frogs/toads, a snake, and a mouse.

Til tonight!!!! We had a nest of baby bunnies in our yard and all have gone on their way except for one. Evie scratched at the door to come in tonight and I always look to be sure she doesn't have anything- HER MOUTH WAS CLOSED and I saw nothing. She runs in, bolts under my kitchen table and starts crunching and of course I couldn't get it from her. She ate the whole thing. I about puked and I'm burning my rug and no kisses for her! affraid
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:20 am

Shortly after she arrived Maya took out twenty laying hens. Not sure how to class it, as best as I can tell, she played with one until it didn't play anymore then got another one and so on until we figured out she was missing. Nothing was eaten and she didn't rip them up, just messed with them until they died. Cats are not a problem, they will come to see her and if she gets to annoying they bat her in the nose and she will leave them be. We are still learning about the goats. We are much calmer around them than we were at first, we did discover that they can slam us with there head and it doesn't fell very good. We also have learned that a little warm, fresh, just milked goat milk on our kibble is just a slice of Heaven! As we all know, mouth, throat, stomach, heart. Love to read about others problems, makes mine seem so much less lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.    First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Kill... hope its the last, well its has not been the last.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next