It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Weird weight loss?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

loss - Weird weight loss? Empty
PostSubject: Weird weight loss?   loss - Weird weight loss? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:04 pm

I took Pippa to the vet yesterday to get her nails trimmed, and weighed her to make sure it hadn't changed too much because I needed to get her Trifexis.

When I adopted her in August, she was about 6 months old, was roughly 35lbs, and pretty thin. Her ribs were showing and her hips stuck out a little more than I'd assume is normal.

When I boarded her for a few days over Christmas she had gained some weight, filled out nicely and weighed in at 45lbs.

Yesterday when we weighed her I assumed she'd be close to 50lbs. I thought she'd filled out a little more, but she weighed in at 36lbs? She as weighed at the vet all three times, so I don't know what could have caused this. Could the scale be off, or need to be calibrated?

I don't think anything's wrong, it just seems really weird.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Weird weight loss?   loss - Weird weight loss? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 pm

That does seem really weird. I would say that as long as her ribs and hips aren't showing she should be fine, but perhaps weigh her again with a different scale (like at your local petsmart) just to be sure and put your mind at ease?
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Weird weight loss?   loss - Weird weight loss? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:21 am

I really need to, this week has just been crazy. I've even thought about the whole weighing myself without her and then weighing with her, but I don't have a scale at my apartment because I tend to get obsessive about my weight. haha

I'll take her to Petsmart this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Weird weight loss?   loss - Weird weight loss? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:01 am

Good luck! And maybe shes going going through another growth spurt, I know Yuki would get real lanky and then all of a sudden look normal again after a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird weight loss?   loss - Weird weight loss? Empty

Back to top Go down

Weird weight loss?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1