It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

skinners field & trail ??????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kr1s85
Newborn
Newborn
kr1s85

Male Join date : 2013-03-03

skinners field & trail ?????? Empty
PostSubject: skinners field & trail ??????   skinners field & trail ?????? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:56 am

does anyone have any opinion's on skinners field and trail??

I am currently feeding my 8 week old pup on field and trail puppy she seems to be doing really well on it he stool has got alot better in the last few days since i switched her from her breeders food and she is enjoying it.

i am thinking of putting her on the duck and rice and salmon and rice when she gets older
which is the reason i put her on the puppy stuff first.

i read some pretty good comments on it before i got her which is why i went for it.
i would really appreciate anyones opinion thanks.

http://www.skinnerspetfoods.co.uk/our-range/working-dogs/?class=working
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: skinners field & trail ??????   skinners field & trail ?????? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:38 pm

I had a reply all typed up then lost everything when my browser crashed. Rather than type it all out again (on my phone no less), forgive me for the short and sweet version now.

I know you have far less options than we have in the States, but I wouldn't recommend or use the food, bear in mind though that is a personal decision each of us has to make for ourselves. The food isn't terrible but most of us prefer to avoid grain, especially corn (listed as maize on your foods) due to it being an unnecessary filler particularly known for causing allergies. But if you are happy with the results and your dog does well on it then I see no reason for you to switch based on others' preferences. I believe TOTW and James Wellbeloved are fairly popular foods across the pond, correct me if I am wrong, between the two I would favor TOTW if you are seeking alternative suggestions. I know some people over there feed Acana which I high recommend if you have access to it.

Newborn
Newborn
kr1s85

PostSubject: Re: skinners field & trail ??????   skinners field & trail ?????? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:50 pm

she seems to be doing well on it at the minute but she has only been with us a week so we will see abit better in a few weeks. but i think that wellbeloved looks like a good change if needed i can get it from a shop in town and its pretty good price which is a bonus
thanks very much for your reply.
Back to top Go down
kr1s85
Newborn
Newborn
kr1s85

PostSubject: Re: skinners field & trail ??????   skinners field & trail ?????? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 7:42 pm

just to let you know she is doing great on skinners now she is eating every last bit and her stools have gone solid so i think im gna stick with it for the time being as everything seems to be fine.
also my vet said he knows of a few working dogs that have done really well on skinners.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skinners field & trail ??????   skinners field & trail ?????? Empty

Back to top Go down

skinners field & trail ??????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1