It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Dee, WOW! I'm sure glad that they're both ok! I would have freaked! =\

Well, my very intelligent husband decided to leave his boxers on top of Kodys crate and he ate about half of them! I'm hoping they went down in pieces so that he'll poop/throw it up easier. UGHHHHH!!!!!! What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 85993
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:21 pm

I love my dogs, I love my dogs, I love my dogs!
...And I thank the heavenly husky angel above to have brought me 2 that don't chew, dig, jump or eat anything they're not supposed to! (Knock on wood they never do, ever!)

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:37 pm

You are beyond lucky, Claudia...are you sure you have huskies? Laughing

Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:01 pm

You are one lucky dog Claudia Wink
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
You are beyond lucky, Claudia...are you sure you have huskies? Laughing

I know!...I better check!
They look like huskies, they play like huskies, the shed like huskies, they sing like huskies, they love me like huskies, they're independent like huskies and they're smart like huskies....

I think Dee is right!...I'm just one lucky-a$$ dog! Razz

Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:51 pm

I remember reading a quote somewhere (I think it may have been from Cesar) that has stuck with me........"you get the dog you need, not always the dog you want"

This has been so true in my case. Frankie sure keeps me on my toes and gets me off my butt. He was surely what I needed in my life, even though I wanted a big fat lazy dog.
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Spoke too Soon.. 2 Collars their Lil Paws managed to Pull Through the Kennel <3 !!~
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:07 pm

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 Trash10

walked in the door to this yesterday, now this happens a lot when i leave ads out on the coffee table in the living room even with the chairs sitting on top sierra still pulls them out and eats them, its only the colored ads.... but what makes this one scratch my head and chuckle at the same time is that this was my coupon book for costco that was sitting on the counter in the kitchen, she would have had to jump up put her paws on the counter and reach for it somehow as it was not sitting on the edge, oh this girl!

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Here's the picture of Sabaka getting caught after eating, or maybe I should say tearing to bits, my son's friend's football. I was out for the evening and the "boys" were watching a little "Lord of the Rings" and forgot to close the gate to the upstairs. Sabaka was given an old leather football months before this happened to play with, so why should he think this one was off-limits? My son was selected to be the one to transport this football to FL for a drama competion (it was a prop) since it's owner was flying there.

Needless to say, we had to buy a new football...

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 June1110
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Haha, bad Sierra and Sabaka!!!! I caught Kody in the act of hiding a sock that he found "somewhere". Of course hubby probably let it slip under the bed or something because after our sock incident with Kody I'm super paranoid with them! After 2 minutes of him being too quiet I went to our bedroom and he's sitting on the bed with his ears back looking all innocent...I knew he had something! Of course little s**t had a sock hidden in the covers!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Decuervo
Puppy
Puppy
Decuervo

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Today Anushka thought the feather duster looked appetizing...ah well never used it anyway.

45 mins later...
And a cardboard box

One week later..."peeled" a chair cushion.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:04 pm

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 85993 I'm going to kick Kody's a$$!!! For the past week we've been walking by a dead birds wing everyday and I always manage to get Kody away from it. Today it wasn't in it's normal spot (thinking a cat messed with it or something) and of course Kody grabbed it. He would not let go of it!!! I was screaming at him, putting pressure at his jaw, almost had him pinned on the ground, and lil s**t still ate it!

I foresee major tummy issues AGAIN!!! What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 85993 What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 85993
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Rodeo put a hole in the leather couch the other day. Thankfully it was one I hated. He also has taken a liking to the legs of the kitchen table. And the baby gate in the kitchen. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REMIND ME WHY I WANTED A PUPPY!?!? lol

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Ghost is pretty good about only chewing on her toys, but I'm working on a jigsaw puzzle (yeah, I'm that bored) and she's eaten at least 5 or 6 pieces. Eh, decent source of fiber I guess Razz

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 pm

arooroomom wrote:
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REMIND ME WHY I WANTED A PUPPY!?!? lol

I recall a certain somebody saying that she would NEVER get a puppy again...haha!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

MelissaI wrote:
arooroomom wrote:
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REMIND ME WHY I WANTED A PUPPY!?!? lol

I recall a certain somebody saying that she would NEVER get a puppy again...haha!!! Razz

Hmm... I seem to remember something along those lines... I just couldn't say no. I need to be banned from any website that is dog adoption related! Razz

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:39 am

Ummm, what haven't mine eaten....lol

I've come home to the trash scattered around the kitchen, kitchen utensils in the back yard, shredded plastic bags, newspapers, clothes, dog bed, cable line in the back yard, curtains, ...luckily no electrical cords.

Oh and my previous dog ( a samoyed) grabbed a package of thawing cube steaks from the counter and ate them, plastic wrap, styrofoam, and meat...that elicited a vet visit! What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 1625187496

Most recently, Dakota chewed through her retractable leash...
Back to top Go down
desi
Puppy
Puppy
desi

Male Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:15 am

There is not enough space to list what my precious pudding has eaten or buried - but the most annoying thing is he eats one shoe from a pair - he helps himself to shoes out the cupboard and to date has not consumed a pair!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:36 am

*sigh* If I posted every new thing my husky ate that he wasn't supposed to you'd see multiple posting here from me EVERY SINGLE DAY! I think the better question is what hasn't your husky eaten, that'd probably be a lot easier to answer...but not as fun to read though. Smile

Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:44 am

Libby as a puppy was pretty good, a little on the kitchen chair legs, but that was not bad. She has managed to eat an entire bag of chocolate chips last year during a blizzard. I had her outside with me the whole time I was shoveling and we played in the yard, then I needed to salt and ran out of the pet safe salt so I put her in the house and salted to come in, less than 5 minutes later, to find the bag on the floor EMPTY( still not sure how she got them from behind the mixer at the back of the counter. I go into panic mode and called the emergency vet number and had her paged a few times (of course its a Sunday) She finally called back and told me to give 3 tablespoons of peroxide in 10 minute intervals and if it doesn't work then try 3 tablespoons of salt the same way then giver oatmeal to coat her tummy. If this doesn't make her vomit she would have to come in. So I did all this and nothing. So i called the neighbor over and ventured out in the storm to get oatmeal because all I have is flavored. I just made it to the store and get a call from him that she is vomiting all over my house.
I got back to a house full of chocolate vomit. Thankfully she got it all up and my house stunk of chocolate but at least she was ok.
There went the relaxing day of staying at home baking during a storm.

They get into s**t and we go into panic mode. The life of a husky owner.
Thant was my worst experience so I guess I would have to say I have been pretty lucky.
Back to top Go down
Camber
Newborn
Newborn
Camber

Male Join date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Camber loves to make a mess and move on to make another mess. She'll unroll toilet paper, then get all the kleenex's out of the box. She ate one of my 3yr old nephew's socks, fortunately she threw that up later the next day. Was over at my parents for a cookout, Dad just had put a steak fresh off of the grill onto a plate and guess who got that, lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dels1
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:53 am

Appa got a hold of a plastic bottle ... Over the past two mornings I think we may have gotten all of it out ... I hope so. I don't like waking up at 1am with a heaving dog at my bed side. However, he may have learned to throw up in the shower now...
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:15 am

I Think Mine are Growin Outta The chewing Terrorizing ages .. FINALLY Razz
Back to top Go down
pixipanda
Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

Female Join date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Ugghh... Sky was all hyper this morning, so I thought I'd let her run around the yard a bit while I had my coffee. I saw her nosing around and eating something in the back corner of the yard, but I thought it was just grass. Turns out she found some really smelly poo. She smells disgusting! She got it all over her cone, so we had to take it off and scrub it. I still smell it, though. I can't wait until Tuesday morning when I can take that awful, stench-absorbing thing off. Mad
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:22 pm

On our hike yesterday Appa got a hold of a piece of deer. He wouldn't drop it, and I wasn't about to grab it from him. He seemed to really enjoy crunching the bones...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next